Status: It's a work (slowly) in progress...

Hands

Chapter 5

Gerard's POV

I drove to school the next day wondering what Frank looked like, I know he's short but he hasn't said anything about what he looks like. I was so lost in my train of thought that Mikey had to snap his fingers in front of my face to bring me back to reality.

"What's up Gee, you seem really out of it this morning." He said in a worried voice.
"I was just thinking about the letter exchange my class is doing, I was thinking about what my partner might look like." I replied, not wanting to give too much information.
"Oh yeah I heard some of the seniors talking about that. What's your partner called?" Mikey asked, sounding curious.
I sighed; I might as well tell him, if I'm right then he will find out eventually.
"His name is Frank Iero."
"Cool name, a little outdated but still good." It was clear that what I had said hadn't really settled in Mikey's mind yet; you could almost see the cogs turning in Mikey's brain as he made the connection between what I had said and the name on my hand. "Frank Iero. As in your Frank Iero?" Mikey asked, starting to bounce on his seat, like a small child that's just been told they are going to a sweet shop.
"Yes, well, I think so at least. Neither of us have exactly said it but I'm fairly sure it's him."
"Ahaha! Gee, this is so exciting! What's he like?"
"I haven't exactly got to know him yet but he seems awesome, he plays guitar and his birthday is on Halloween. He said he doesn't have many friends and he gets bullied at school. It sounds like he's an outcast like me."
"Wow, he plays guitar, that's so awesome! And Gee, it's okay we are outcasts together."
"I know Mikes; I'll always be here for you. Now come on, we are here." I say as I pull up at school.

We get out the car and hug goodbye, as we begin to walk away he says "Have fun with your lover boy." I can't help but laugh as a give him the middle finger, I hear him laugh too as he walks away.

I get to English just as the bell rings; I sit down and wait for my letter. When it's finally handed to me, I'm not sure I want to read it, if Frank's not my match then I will have made a fool of myself. I take a deep breath, open the letter and begin to read.

'Dear Gerard,

I'm just gunna come out and say it; I think we might be each other's matches.

Okay, now I've got that off my chest, in answer to your question about music; I love bands like Misfits, Black Flag and Pulp, just to name a few. What kind of music do you like?

Being a comic book artist sounds amazing! What comics do you read?

I know this letter is kinda short but I can't think of anything to say.

Until tomorrow,

Frank Iero'

My head began to spin, any doubt that he wasn't my match was now gone from my head. What made the letter even better was that he likes the same music as me and he seems genuinely interested in comic books. The smile on my face was the most genuine one I've had in ages, apart from when I'm talking to Mikey, the girl next to me gave me weird looks but I was too happy to care. I began to write my reply, not caring what anyone else thought. When I was done I sealed it in an envelope and handed it in then walked to my next with almost a skip in my step. I couldn't wait until lunch when I could find Mikey and tell him the news.

The rest of the day flew by and soon it was lunch time, I quickly found Mikey and told him what the letter had said, he was nearly as excited as I was. He kept coming up with situation in which Frank and I would meet and fall immediately in love. I shrugged it off and laughed at his crazy ideas, although in my head I was wondering how we would even go about meeting. I made a mental note to ask Mr Davis if he had any plans for the two classes to meet.

When school had finished I drove Mikey to the local music shop, Toro's Music Store, he asked me if I wanted to go with him but I declined saying I needed to finish one of my characters. As he opened the door and went to go in, another person walked out of the shop, causing the two of them to bump into each other. They both said sorry and Mikey stood aside to let the stranger pass, as he did I noticed he wore a Queen of Peace uniform, I wondered if he knew Frank. He looked too short to be a senior and had a black mohawk with a long fringe and bleached sides. I shook the thought from my head and began to think about what colour trousers my newest character should have as I drove home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully chapter will start to get longer soon as the story starts to develop more. Let me know what you guys think 'cause comments make me happy :3

Also I want your opinions on something, would you guys rather read a vampire frerard or a mafia frerard? They would both contain quite a few other bands and some OCs (which would be you guys, if you wanted to be in it)

Thank you to idkwhattodo, HarleyHomocide and psychomunkyluvr for commenting! I love you all :) *hugs*

Gee x