Status: It's a work (slowly) in progress...

Hands

Chapter 6

Frank's POV

The next day I had to skip the lesson before English so I could clean myself up, I'd had an almost full rubbish bin dropped on my head. I should have gone home but I just couldn't resist knowing what Gerard's letter said, so I sucked it up and grabbed my spare set of clothes from my locker and tried to clean myself as best as possible.

I heard the bell ring and began to gather my stuff. As I walked out the bathroom, the halls were beginning to be flooded with students making their way to class. I managed to make my way to English without being abused much.

When I got there, the letters had already been handed out. I sat down and opened mine, my hand shaking with fear of rejection. I had put myself out there because I thought it was the right thing to do but now I was beginning to think it was a bad idea. No. Get a hold of yourself Frank. It will be fine. I thought to myself as pulled out the letter.

'Dear Frank,

Well thank fuck for that! I was starting to think I was making it all up in my head. I thought I had made a fool of myself and that you were going to say you are straight with a perky bimbo girlfriend but considering your music taste, I would say you wouldn't fit in with a blonde airhead like the one I'm forced to sit next to; I swear to god her voice couldn't be any more annoying.

Anyway, back to the topic in hand (no pun intended) what do you think we should do about it? I think our classes might be meeting at some point but I'm not sure. If we are then we could meet then and see what happens from there?

On the topic of music, I have to say your music taste is brilliant. You just listed my favourite bands. I'm so glad we have the same music taste because I can't stand people who think that stupid fake singers, like Nicki Minaj, make 'real' music. People think she is an inspiration when really she is just a whore with an annoying voice and a fake arse.

Moving on from music, before I start ranting more, I will pretty much read any comics but my favourite is probably Watchmen. Do you read comics?
I'm working on an original graphic novel right now that I hope to get published one day.

You never said if you have any siblings. As you know I have a younger brother; he's my best friend and one of the reasons I'm still here to be honest.

My lesson is nearly over now so I will have to end this letter.

Until tomorrow,

Gerard Way.'

Wow. I don't really have much to say but wow. Fuck. He's my match. Fuck. I've met my match, well kinda. I thought I would never meet him and end up dying alone.

I regained my composure and put my hand up to get the teacher's attention. When he came over I said,
"Are we going to have a class meet up at some point?"
"Yes Mr Iero. We will be meeting in about a month or so." He replied.
"Okay, thanks Sir."

I smiled widely and started my letter to Gerard, with the thought that he is my match and that I will get to meet him soon.

When the lesson ended I grabbed my stuff and went to walk out the classroom, as I did someone stuck out their foot in front of me, making me trip and fall. I fell into the hallway, causing my bag to spill open. I began to pick up my stuff, while still sat on the floor.
The corridor was now empty so I took my time, not wanting to go to class. I was about to stand up when someone tripped over my bag.

"Oh god, are you okay?!" I asked the person, who happened to be a girl.
"Uhh, yeah I guess. I'm really sorry; I was looking at my map and wasn't paying attention to where I was walking." She replied in an English accent, while picking up her bag that now had a rip in it.
"Ah fuck, your bag is broken. And are you new?" I asked her.
"Shit, it took me ages to convince my mum to buy me this bag. And yeah, it's my first day." She said, trying to stop her stuff falling out.
"I feel really bad. Why don't we go shopping after school and I will buy you a new one?" I offered. I wasn't sure why I was being this social considering I hardly speak unless I need to.
"I couldn't ask you to do that." She replied.
"You didn't ask, I offered. My name is Frank by the way." I insisted.
"Okay then, thank you. My name is Ebony." She said with a smile.

For the first time I took a proper look at her. She had customised her uniform by adding a Batman belt to her skirt, pinning badges on her blazer and wearing black DMs instead of pumps. She had black hair with a bright blue fringe that was back combed at the top. She had pale white skin and wore a lot of black eyeliner.

"What year are you in?" I asked her.
"I'm a senior." She replied.
"Great, so am I. Can I see your timetable?"
She got it out her bag and handed it to me. I looked at it and realised we have pretty much the same classes.
"We are together for everything except drama." I told her with a smile.
"Yay! It will be nice to know someone."
"Just so you know, if you want to be popular then I suggest you walk away from me now and forget this ever happened. I'm a loner at school." I warned her but the smile on her face only got bigger.
"Don't worry; I would rather stick pins in my eyes than hangout with popular slags." She replied.
"That's good." I said with a smile on my face.

By now the lesson had ended and it was lunch time.
"We've only got IT next so do you want to skip?" I said hopefully.
"Fuck yes, I hate computers." She replied.
"Let's go then." I said while sticking my arm out for her to link hers with.

We got to the shopping center about twenty minutes later. We walked around a bit until we came to Hot Topic.
"Oh my god! There is a Hot Topic here!" Ebony cried with excitement.
"Yeah, do they not have them in England?" I said, a bit confused.
"No, we have a clothes store called Pulp that's kinda similar but there are only like five in the country." She replied.
"Okay, well let's go look for a bag you like." I said with a smile.

We spent thirty minutes in the store looking at all the different bags until I heard Ebony scream.
"AHHHH! Frank! They have an Asking Alexandria bag!"
"I take you're a fan?"
"Yes, you have no idea how much I want to meet them." She said with a smile on her face that looked like she was a small child in a sweet shop.
"Haha, well I'll get you the bag." I said, even though I'd only known her for a short time, I liked making her happy.
"Thank you so much Frankie!" She screamed while attacking me with a hug.

I paid for the bag and then we went for pizza, that Ebony insisted paying for to say thank you. I learnt that she is also a vegetarian; it was nice to know someone shared my views.
We sat down on one of the plastic benches, eating our pizza and talking about random stuff until the topic of matches came up.
"So, have you found your match yet?" She asked while wiping her hands on a napkin.
"Kinda. We are doing a letter swap in English, the guy I'm partners with for it is my match. His name is Gerard Way." I replied, getting butterflies in my stomach I thought of Gerard.
"Aww, that's adorable! I haven't met my match yet but his name is Zack Baker." She stated.
"I'm sure you will meet him soon." I said while putting my arm around her.
♠ ♠ ♠
I felt bad for being mean to Frank and making him be bullied all the time so I decided to give him a friend. And because I lack creativity I decided to use one of my best friends (with her permission, she started fangirling when I told her.)

So the general feeling is that a vampire frerard will be best so unless I get a load of people saying that they want a mafia frerard in the next couple of days, that will be the one I go with :) I should have some more information on that in a few days!

Let me know what you think of this chapter!

Thank you to MikeyWayIsMyHero, waiting for more, dankefurdasgift, EvilPandah and HarleyHomicide for commenting and giving me your opinions!

Gee x