Status: It's a work (slowly) in progress...

Hands

Chapter 7

Gerard's POV

"Gerard! Wake the fuck up!" I heard someone shout in my ear, I then felt a load of cold water fall on my head. I sat up straight away and glared at the owner of the voice, who happened to be Mikey.
"What the fuck Mikey?!" I shouted.
"You over slept, fucktard. Get dressed or we will be late." He said while throwing my jeans at me. I picked up a towel and dried my face and hair as quickly as possible so I wasn't late for English.
Wow. What the fuck? I was actually looking forward to school today. Well that's new.

When Mikey and I finally got to school, we only had a couple of minutes before class started so we said goodbye and separated but not before Mikey made me promise to find him at lunch to tell him what Franks letter said. I swear to god he is more invested in my love life than I am.
As I began to walk to English I thought about how my opinion on matches has changed in just a few days. It is crazy how a couple of letters to a boy I've never even met have changed my perspective on a topic I was so sure I hated.

When I got to English I sat down at my desk and nearly snatched my letter out of the teacher's hand.
I opened it as fast as I could without ripping it. I took in a deep breath before beginning to read.

'Dear Gerard,

Don't worry; I would never even consider finding someone like that attractive. I feel sorry for you, having to sit next to a bimbo like that. Luckily I sit on my own.

Yes. I think that's a good idea. I asked my teacher if we are meeting up at some point and he said we are, in about a month. So I think we should go with your plan.

Oh My Syn. (I don't believe in god so I decided to say Syn instead after Synyster Gates from Avenged Sevenfold because he is a guitar god.) I agree completely with everything you said about Nicki Minaj. I would rather be skinned alive than listen to any music of hers. She isn't an inspiration because all her lyrics are meaningless. I mean come on one of her songs pretty much just repeats the line 'you a stupid hoe.'

I love Watchmen, I also love Batman. I will read any comics that catch my eye. When you have finished your graphic novel, I would love to read it. If you don't mind, that is.

No, I don't have any siblings. It's just me and my parents at home. I have a lot of cousins due to being a part Italian family but I'm not close to any of them because they all think I'm weird. It must be nice to have someone that you are close to. Fuck, just realised how whiney and pathetic that sounds. I didn't mean it like that, I promise.

You said in your first letter that you like singing, have you written any songs? I sing sometimes but feel better if I'm on stage with my guitar, Pansy, in my hands.

I think we should end each letter with a random fact about ourselves, so we can find more out about each other.
Random Fact 1: My favourite supernatural creature is a vampire.

Until Tomorrow,

Frank Iero'

When I read the par about Franks saying that he says 'oh my Syn' I awwwed really loudly causing everyone to turn round and stare at me, I quickly out my head down and started writing my letter.
When I finished I still had a lot of time to spare so I pulled out my sketch pad and began to draw a vampire biting the neck of a bimbo whore. I occupied my time with drawing until the end of the lesson. I picked up my stuff and walked to my next class, which was science.

About 10 minutes into the lesson, there was a knock at the door. I opened and the schools receptionist walked in.
"I need to borrow Gerard Way for the rest of the lesson." She said. The first thought that ran through my head was 'oh fuck, what's happened to Mikey.'
"Yes of course. God knows he's not paying any attention anyway." My teacher replied, obviously pleased that she was getting rid of me. I can't say I blame her; I'd spent the whole time listening to music and drawing. I gathered my stuff and got up. As soon as I was out the class room, I asked;
"Is there something wrong with Mikey?"
"Oh no dear, nothing like that. There is a new student that we want you to show around." She replied.
"No offense but I'm not exactly a model student." I said while trying to think why they would want me to look after the new kid.
"We believe he would connect with you better than with any other students."
"Umm, okay then." I said. After that we lapsed into silence for the rest of the way.
When we got to the office the woman told me to sit down and wait for the student to come out the head teacher's office. I waited for what seemed like forever until the door finally opened; when it did I stood up and waited to be introduced.

"Ah Gerard, I'm glad you are here. This is our newest student, Ronald Radke." The head teacher, Mr Bourn, said while gesturing to the young man stood next to him.
"It's just Ronnie." Ronnie said. He was wearing a plain black t-shirt, a black leather jacket, black skinny jeans and black cowboy boots. His hair shoulder length and had that messy but styled look to it and the colour was, yes you guessed it, black.
"Ahh well, okay then." Mr Bourn said, looking slightly awkward.

"Umm, hi." I said while doing a weird little wave thing.
"Sup." He replied with a head nod.
"Right Gerard; I want you to show Ronnie around the school, answer any questions he has, things like that and Ronnie, let's try to not get kicked out of this school shall we?" Mr Bourn said.
We both nodded and walked out the office.

"So, you got kicked out your last school?" I asked as we began our tour.
"Yeah, got expelled for fighting." He said with a shrug
"Ah right." I replied, not really knowing what else to say.

*Time Lapse*

Ronnie and I finished the tour about half way through the 4th lesson of the day so we decided there was no point of going for half of it so we just walked around until lunch time. I asked him if he wanted to sit with me at lunch and said he would.
We got to the dining hall before most people so we had the chance to find a good table. About 10 minutes later a very out of breath Mikey showed up.

"Mikes, what the fuck happened to you?!" I half shouted while standing up. He gestured for me to wait while he got his inhaler out his bag. When he could breathe again he replied,
"The jocks chased me from my class but I managed to ditch them near music."
"Fucksake, I wish they would stop picking on you just because they hate me." I said, I could feel my anger levels rising.
"It's okay Gee. I'm fine." Mikey said, trying to calm me down.
I heard Ronnie couch awkwardly, bringing me back to the real world.
"Oh sorry, Ronnie this is my younger brother Mikey. Mikes this is the new student in my year, Ronnie." I said gesturing between the two.
They exchanged greetings while I sat down again.

Just then Mikey seemed to remember the promise I made him this morning.
"Oh Gee, what did Franks letter say?"
"Who's Frank?" Ronnie asked.
"He is Gerard's match. They are partners in a letter exchange. It's the most adorable romantic story ever…" I managed to put my hand over Mikey's mouth before he went off on a tangent about my love life.
"Ahh right. I haven't met my match yet." Ronnie said

Just then one of the most douchbaggiest jocks in the whole school walked up to our table. I wasn't too worried about this because Oli, that's his name, is more bark than bite. He talks a good game but when it comes down to fighting, he's fucking terrible.
"So faggot, who's this? Your new boyfriend?" He said in his really annoying English accent.
"No Sykes, he's not." I replied, using his last name but not bothering to come up with a witty reply. I looked towards Ronnie who just raised his eyebrows at me, silently asking if he should retaliate. I gave him a smirk that said 'be my guest.'
Ronnie got up and squared up to Oli, standing a good few inches taller. Because he had taken his jacket of earlier you could clearly see his well-defined muscles .
"If you have a problem with Gerard's sexuality then I have a problem with you." Ronnie said calmly but anyone with in hearing distance could sense the threat underneath. Oli gulped loudly then took off running.
Ronnie sat back down as me and Mikey began clapping.
"Wow. Ronnie, you're the first person that's ever stood up to Oli and hasn't been beaten to a pulp by the other jocks." Mikey said, looking shocked.
"It's a gift." Ronnie replied with a smug look on his face.

And with that, the bell went signalling the end of lunch.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I didn't update yesterday! I had so much homework to do, it was mental!

Just in case any of you were wondering, like my friend Taha, only the person and said person's match can see the name on their hand. For example only Gerard and Frank can see Frank's name on Gerard's hand, same goes for Frank's hand. I hadn't actually thought of this until he brought it up, so I thought I should share the information with you, just in case anybody was confused about it.

Let me know what you think! Comments are like hugs :)

Thank you to WrithenLust and HarleyHomicide for commenting :3 *gives cookies*

Gee x