Ariel

Ten

The first night Ariel moved in she decided to sleep in the same bed as me and she continued to for about a week. She was scared to be alone and leave the one’s she loved alone. She eventually was able to sleep alone in her room, which I should have been happy about, but I wasn’t.

On Monday after school Ariel had swim practice so I was hanging out with Noah on the bleachers watching football and the cheerleaders practice. We were mostly watching the cheerleaders because they were way more entertaining.

It’s weird how so much has happened in the first two months of school. If somebody told me that all this has happened to them I would never believe them. I wonder if I am cursed or lucky. I mean people I know are dying, but on the other hand I am practically living with the girl I love.

“So she slept with you in your bed for a week and you didn’t have sex with her?” Noah asked.

“She is different than the others. I really like her. Actually I think I love her.” This was the first time I have told anybody how I felt about Ariel.

“You’ve known her for two months how can you already love her?” Noah believes that you need to be with someone for a whole year before you truly know if you love them.

“It happens all the time in movies and books.” That was a terrible defense, but it was the only thing that popped up in my head.

“Well I guess everything that has happened lately kind of makes your life seem like some kind of crime movie.”

It was true I have felt like I was in a crime movie or a cop show of some sort. None of this felt real. I wouldn’t be surprised if I woke up one morning to find out that this has all been a dream.

I saw Ariel walking this way, so Noah and I got up to meet up with her. We decided to go bowling tonight because Ariel has never been bowling and I think she needs a night of fun to get her mind off of everything.

Unfortunately the bowling alley was getting remodel, so we had to wait until next month to go bowling. So we went and saw a movie. I don’t remember much of it because Ariel and I decided to make out through the whole thing. I promised Noah we wouldn’t make him feel like a third wheel, but I always wanted to make out with a girl throughout a movie.

When we got back home the front door was ajar and that made Ariel and I both nervous. We slowly entered the house with Ariel behind me so I could protect her. We heard someone walking upstairs, so we hid behind the couch waiting for him to come down.

“What are we doing?” I jumped and Ariel let out a little squeal. It was just my dad, but what was he doing here?

“Dad what are you doing home?” I asked as my heartbeat began to slow down.

“Well your mother and I heard that we had someone new living with us. We have to make sure
she’s not a thief or has a criminal record.” My dad said with a smile as he stood up.

“Dad this is Ariel. Ariel this is my dad.” They shook hands and then I grabbed Ariel’s arm because I wanted to get out of the room before we got questioned.

As we began to walk up the stairs my mom was walking down them and made us go back down. This would leads to absolutely no good. They sat us down on the couch and it was time for the interrogation.

“I want her out. She almost got my baby killed and I don’t trust you two together.” My mom said with a smile afterwards.

“What? Dad talk some sense into mom.” I yelled.

“I have to agree with your mother. She is bad news.” My dad then gave my mom a kiss on the cheek.

“So we are just going to throw her on the street with nowhere to go? She will die out there.” I then intertwined my hand with Ariel’s.

“Because of her you almost died and clearly this stalker guy wants her dead so we will put her in police custody. I mean this guy broke into our house today and put an x through all of her pictures.” My mom said as if it was no big deal.

Ariel and I looked at each other and then we both ran up to her room. My parents followed after us. The whole room was trash and my mom was right there was an x through all her pictures. Maybe it would be best to put her in police custody.

“I know what you’re thinking,” she looked at me. “But we can’t or else we will never catch this guy. He won’t touch me when I am in police custody and I am pretty sure I am going to be his next victim.” I was very confused.

“You want to be bait?” I asked and she nodded.

“I will stay with my friend Sarah she offered for me to stay with her if things didn’t work out with you.” I nodded and she only packed a suitcase hoping she wouldn’t be there long.

Later she told how police custody didn’t work last time and she doesn’t want another officer dead because of her. I didn’t like this idea one bit, but I couldn’t convince her to change her mind. She seemed so weak lately and now she seemed invincible.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is kind of a lame chapter but I promise the next ones will be much better
there will probably only be five more chapters, but they will be five awesome chapters