Ariel

Twelve

Here I was sitting outside of the hospital with Ariel. She didn’t want to go back inside. She now hates hospitals and I clearly understand why. I was hugging her for warmth since it was a little chilly outside. I wish that all of those could be over. I also wish that I could protect her from this, but I know I can’t. I am completely useless to her.

She continued to sniffle every now and then. I kept thinking of things to say to cheer her up, but I know nothing will cheer her up right now. Maybe I just needed to get this off her mind. I don’t know how I would do that though. Then an idea popped into my head. I went to grab Noah so he can drive us home.

He dropped Ariel and I off at my house, which was completely dark, so I assumed my parents are out since I told them I was sleeping and Noah’s house. We went upstairs into my room and we sat at the edge of my bed for a while just staring at each other. Then I leaned in for a kiss and she met me half way. It started as a simple kiss and then it got more passionate by the second.

Eventually we began taking off each other clothes and before you know it I was losing my virginity. I figured this would be the perfect distraction.

I woke up at five in the morning and realized that Ariel was still here. She looked so peaceful when she’s sleeping. I am sure everyone does, but she has been so stressed that it seemed different for her. I decided to go back to sleep not realizing that my parents will be home soon and Ariel isn’t allowed to be here.

I was then woken up by the sun and when I turned to look at Ariel she was gone. It was a little upsetting, but I guess it made sense. She didn’t want to get me in anymore trouble. She could have at least said goodbye.

I put on my sweatpants and open my door and immediately smell bacon. I rush downstairs curious since my parents never cook for me. When I entered the kitchen Ariel was in there cooking a beautiful breakfast. I grabbed her around the waist and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Then I grabbed a piece of bacon and ate it.

“Your parents weren’t home when I woke up, so I figured I would make some breakfast for you as a thank you.” She said as she began to set the table.

“Thank you for what?” I asked distracted by the plates of a bunch of different breakfast foods. She made pancakes, eggs, bacon, and sausage.

“For last night.” Was all she said before she sat down and began to fill her empty plate with food.

For a while it felt like we were a recently married couple who were just getting use to the marriage life. I loved it so much. I wanted this moment to last forever, but unfortunately my parents walked through the door.

Ariel and I both froze, but it looked like they were drunk, so I hoped they wouldn’t notice us. Luckily they walked straight up stairs and we just began to laugh, but not too loud so they wouldn’t hear us. I then decided to take her home before I got into any trouble.

When I pulled up at Sarah’s house Ariel didn’t move. She turned up the radio which was playing Radioactive by Imagine Dragons and she began to sing along. I eventually joined her and once the song ended we both began to laugh.

“It’s moments like this that makes everything seem like it’s going to be okay.” She whispered in my ear before turning my head and giving me a kiss.

“Trust me there will be plenty more of these moments to come.” I said before she got out of the car, but before she went inside, she leaned through the open window.

“Do you promise?” She asked. I couldn’t promise something that was going to be hard to keep, but she needed hoped so I nodded.

She smiled then blew me a kiss goodbye and skipped inside. I leaned back in my seat and hit the steering wheel out of anger. Then I broke down crying because I was just realizing how stressful this whole situation is and how calm I have been for Ariel. But deep down inside I’ve been wanting to cry and scream. I just pray that all of this will be over soon before anyone else gets hurt.