Ariel

Thirteen

Today is Ariel’s first swim competition. Noah and I decided to watch well I had no choice, but Noah decided to join me mainly because he wanted to see girls in their bathing suits. I never really enjoyed watching swimming because it bores me, but I had to be supportive for her.

Ariel was doing very well she always finished about thirty seconds before everyone else. I didn’t think it was possible for someone to be as fast as her, but you have to be as fast as her if you want to be in the Olympics.

“Dude can we go home?” Noah asked as he sat back down next to me.

“Why? I thought you liked watch girls walk around in their swimsuits.” I laughed a little.

“Yeah, but I hit on like three girls from the other school and now they all think I am a pervert. So I feel uncomfortable about being here right now.” I shake my head at Noah and he gives me an awkward smile.

Before Noah and I left I went to say goodbye to Ariel. I gave her a kiss for good luck. I looked around and I saw this shady guy wearing a baseball cap leaning against the wall near the exit. I shook it off and went back to get Noah who was hitting on another girl. I grab his arm and pull him away from the girl.

“I thought you were done hitting on these girls?” I asked.

“It’s really hard for a player to stop playing the game.” He gave a nod to the girl he was just hitting on and she waved back. Girls can be very clueless.

I looked back at the shady guy and then he made eye contact with me. He looked shocked and ran out the door. It was him. I hit Noah on the arm and began to run after the guy. Noah followed behind me.

We chased him through the whole school until we hit the parking lot when he got into his car. Noah and I stopped at the end of the grassy area. Then the car started coming towards us. I jumped to the left and Noah jumped to the right. Noah stands back up and helps me up. Then he hit me on the back of the head.

“Ouch, what the hell was that for?” I asked as rubbing the back of my head.

“Because you made me chase after a murderer, you took me away from getting a date with a hot chick, and maybe because you almost got me killed.” He shouted at me.

“He wasn’t going to kill us. He was just taking a quicker route out of here.” I tried to calm Noah down.

“What the hell were you going to do if you caught him; get yourself killed along with me?” I put my hand on Noah’s shoulder and he shook it off. “I know you love Ariel, but there is no need to commit suicide and there is definitely no need for you to bring me into it.”

“To be honest I thought you would enjoy chasing a murderer.” I said with a little laughter still try to get him to calm down.

“Well your wrong.” He said calmly and then walked off.

He was right I was pretty stupid for chasing after him and I should have just called the police. I haven’t been able to think straight. I guess I have been blinded by love. I will do anything to get this guy behind bars and have Ariel live a worry free life.

Since Noah and I weren’t going to hang out anymore I decided to continue to watch the rest of Ariel’s swim meet. I sat down right as Ariel finished her last race. She got out of the water and gave me a little wave. I put on a fake smile and waved right back at her. I guess for now I will just have to put a brave face on for Ariel because I can’t let her see me loose it when she needs me to be strong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's a short chapter and a little boring, but the last two chapters will blow your mind!