Ariel

Six

I got to school then I usually do because I waited for Ariel in front of her locker and she usually gets to school before I do. I was thinking of the perfect way to apologize and then I began to think that there is no perfect way to really apologize. There are nice was of apologizing, but perfection is hard to achieve in pretty much anything.

I was so in thought that I didn’t even notice that Ariel was staring at me. I looked at her facial expression and I couldn’t really read it. She looked either mad because she is mad at me or she is annoyed because I am standing in front of her locker while staring at her and still haven’t moved. So I decided it would be a good time to move.

“I am so sorry. I don’t tend to think much which is a problem for me, so I do lots of stupid stuff. Usually it makes people laugh, but this was stupid in a completely different way. I went over to your house on Saturday to apologize. You weren’t there, so I was going to wait for you. I didn’t because I thought it would make me look desperate, but the truth is I was desperate…” I continued to babble on until she finally stopped me by covering my mouth with her hand.

“It’s okay I forgive you.” She said with a smile.

“Did anything I said help or were going to forgive me if I just said sorry?” She probably stopped
listening after I told her I don’t think. I know that’s when I would have stopped listening to myself.
“I would have forgiven you if you just said sorry. You have to do something extremely bad to me for me to hate you more than 24 hours. I don’t think you are capable of that.”

“Thanks I think.” I was pretty sure it was a compliment, but you can never be too sure.

We stood there in silence for a while and for a second I thought about kissing her, but I am not exactly sure if she is ready for that. It didn’t matter because Noah came and joined us. He wrapped his arms around both of us and we began to walk to Ariel’s first period.

“Have you two kissed and made up yet?” Noah asked and Ariel gave me that look that said ‘you told him about our fight’

“Don’t give me that look we have a bromance and we tell each other everything.” It was true Noah and I were kind of like Shawn and Gus from Psych except not as strong of a bromance that they have.

“Well I guess I won’t be telling you my deepest darkest secrets.” She smiled and walked into her classroom.

Once she left the smile on my face disappeared because I just dug myself into a hole. She is never going to tell me anything now. She has this big secret and she will never trust me enough to tell me. I really am such an idiot.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Noah asked. I hit him on the back of the head and walked away. He ran and caught up to me. “Seriously something about what she said bugged you didn’t it?”

“Yes, would if she never trusts me and would if this secret of her puts her in danger. I want to be able to help her and I want her to know that she can count on me to be there for her.” I let out how I felt and I guess I really do tell Noah everything.

“You are so the girl in this relationship.” Noah said as the bell rang, so he ran off to class.

I decided to take my time walking to first period. For one I hate English, two I hate my teacher, and for three I wanted to think a little bit. It didn’t help much because all I could was that I was the girl in the relationship and then I began thinking how could I possibly fix that. The fact that I have to think so much about this is what makes me the girl.

Then the worst thought came up maybe she only wants to be friends. Would if I am in the friend zone forever? That’s it tonight I am going to make my move on her before its too late and there is no way to escape the friend zone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's kind of a boring and uneventful chapter, but I promise the next chapter will be better.