Ariel

Seven

After Ariel’s swim practice, we went back to my house. Tonight I was officially going to make my move, so I was acting really nervous. I wanted this to be perfect. I know it’s just a simple kiss, but I tend to screw things up a lot. Plus I have never really kissed a girl before, so I am not quite sure if I am a good kisser or not.

I decided it would be fun to make ice cream sundaes. I took out all ingredients she could add to her sundae and everything went well until we got to the chocolate syrup. She poured some on her ice cream and then some in her mouth. There was some chocolate syrup on the corner of her mouth. I let her know and she asked if I could help get it off for her.

I knew she wanted me to probably kiss her, but I felt like that was too sexual, so I gave her a napkin. She took it and wiped it off. Maybe she didn’t want me to kiss her after all. I was actually confused with half the signals she gave me.

For most of the night, I was acting awkward because I was nervous and I just felt awkward. I know she could feel all the awkwardness too. She would try to start a conversation, but I would answer with one word and the conversation would die. Then I turned on the TV to make things less awkward and it helped, but eventually I knew she would want to talk again.

She grabbed the remote out of my hand and turned off the TV. Then she asked me, “Is something wrong with you?”

“No I just need some fresh air.” I ran outside and began pacing back and forth trying to walk off the nerves.

I look back inside and I notice that Ariel turned the TV back on, so she must be letting breath for a little bit. Then I went into the tool shed hopping to find my dad’s secret stash of wine, but then I thought drinking wine was stupid and illegal.

As I walk out of the shed, I stand on the edge of the pool looking at my reflection. Then I felt something hard hit me on the back of my head and everything went black. I soon wake up with Ariel’s soaking wet body hovering over me. I was so confused and then I realized I was also wet.

“Are you okay? Did you hit your head and fall in to the pool or what happened?” She asked worried and I tried to remember what happened before I blacked out, but I was having troubles.

“I don’t really know what happened.” I said rubbing the back of my head where there is a bump. I almost died and when I thought about that, I knew I had to kiss Ariel right then and there because the unexpected kisses are the best. Therefore, I kissed her and she was surprised at first, but she kissed me back.

“Wow, I wasn’t expecting that.” She was blushing a little bit.

“Yeah Well I almost died without knowing what that would be like.” She smiled and we began to kiss again. Then I remember what happened before I blacked out. “Oh I remember standing at the edge of the pool looking at my reflection when something hit me on the back of my head and then things went black.”

Her eyes went wide and I thought she saw something or someone in the distance, so I looked in her direction, but there was nothing there. She stood up, so I did too. “Oh my Gosh this can’t be happening again.” She said.

I was confused, but then she gave me a peck on the cheek and ran out of my house I followed her, but she was too quick. I was confused and officially worried now. What exactly is happening again and is it suppose to involve me almost dying?
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it is short, but this the beginning to finding out about Ariel's past