Status: Completed

First Day on a Brand New Planet

Chapter 9

When I called Mikey late yesterday evening after my encounter with Jared he was more than happy to accompany me to the new club opening in town. I wasn’t interested in him - like that - but it would be nice to get out and mingle with NORMAL people. Allie had her boss put us on the list tonight for the club opening. I went shopping earlier in the day to find something to wear tonight and I finally got a feel of LA. I really love this city. I am looking forward to getting out and having fun, not thinking about work, just acting my age and letting go.

I was self conscious about my shopping find today. I loved it when I seen it on the rack, but now I am having second thoughts about wearing it out in public. It was a sheer, lace flower, gypsy tunic, with long flowing sleeves. Cream colored with a deep, open back. Tassels and fringe on the bottom. You could clearly see my underwear through it, I didn’t think about that when I paid the outrageous amount for the stupid dress. Looking through Allie’s closet, I found a long, silk, cream colored, slim fitting slip. I pulled it off the hanger and put it on underneath my dress. Thankfully it looked perfect. Slipping on my cream open toed heels, I looked myself over one last time before coming out of the bedroom to head out for the night.

I seen Mikey standing beside his truck patiently as we pulled up to the restaurant we chose to eat at before we went to the club. Allie and her guy could not keep their hands off of one another. It was quite annoying, but she seemed happy so that’s all that mattered. The restaurant was really loud. We had to yell over one another so we could hear what the other person was saying. Mikey hardly said one word. I had a salad and two drinks, really strong ones. I was feeling the effects from them as we paid our bill and headed towards our vehicles. Politely, I rode with Mikey to the club. I shouldn’t have been surprised when we rode the entire way in silence. I wanted to talk, but I felt it would probably make things more awkward than they already were, if I did.

The line for valet was 10 miles long it seemed like, so we paid at the parking garage and headed inside. There was a red carpet for celebrities, paparazzi, and a line formed with people trying to get in that went several blocks back. Allie went and checked with the door guy to see if our names were on the list. I was happy we got to bypass all of the people, because I surely didn’t want to have to wait to get in. After putting neon orange bracelets on our wrists, we headed through the large double doors.

The dance floor was filled with people. The sitting areas were dimly lit, the only source of light was small neon lamps attached to the walls at each booth, the bar was blinding. It took up an entire wall and was packed full with people trying to get drinks. There was a booth reserved for us and the very end of the club. Sliding in next to Allie, Mikey and her boy toy went and ordered us some drinks.

“Oh my God, Taylor this is insane!” Allie yelled at me over the loud music. I just shook my head in agreement with her. “Let’s see who all we recognize!” I shook my head again. I didn’t care about who was there, I just wanted to have fun. I noticed Mikey and the boy toy headed towards us with some drinks and a few shots, when the one person I did not want to see tonight ran into him. I seen them talking and noticed Mikey look over towards me. I quickly turned to Allie and pretended to be engrossed in some story she was telling, although she wasn’t talking, she was stalking the room with her eyes hunting down celebrities. Before I knew it, they were all standing over me and Allie; Mikey, boy toy, and Jared.

“Hey.” Jared said as the other two guys slipped in the booth. “Hey.” I replied back to him. He looked really good tonight. He had his hair down, not slicked back, black pants that fit him just right, a button up dress shirt thrown over an old t-shirt with the sleeves half way rolled up.

“Well, I’ll leave you to what you were doing. I hope you guys have a great night.” he said before stealing one last glance at me. His demeanor was friendly but his eyes told another story. Putting the thought of him away, I downed a shot of something, I have no idea what it was. It was good though, really good. Suddenly the music sounded better and I noticed I was dancing in my seat. Allie and her guy were making out and Mikey was staring in front of him.

“Hey, you wanna go dance or something?” I asked him. He shook his head no. “Do you talk?” I regretted that question to him, it sounded mean. He smiled at me and took another sip of his beer. “You asked me out, and here we are in this club, you haven’t said two words to me, get up! We’re going to dance!” I demanded. He tried to resist but it didn’t take much effort to get him out there.

We pushed our way to a corner of the dance floor. My entire body had become numb. I danced around Mikey while he stood still. I spun around and got slightly dizzy. It dawned on me then why I never did this, I’m sure I look like a fool, but I didn’t care. I felt good and I needed a release from the world.

I was dancing around Mikey and caught a pair of ice blue eyes staring at me. He looked animalistic. I held his gaze and smiled softly at him while I kept dancing. “Hey Taylor! I’m going to get some more drinks, you want anything?” Mikey yelled tapping me on my shoulder pulling me from the intensity. I’m sure that was just an excuse for him to leave. I nodded my head in agreement and looked back and Jared was no where to be found. The song changed from a fast, energetic song, to a sexy, rhythmic one, it was nice.

All of a sudden I felt two hands wrap around my waist pulling me into him. “Well, I’m glad you finally decided to participate.” I yelled over the music. “Me too.” he whispered against my ear. It wasn’t Mikey’s voice, it was his, Jared’s. It sent chills down my spine. I leaned my head back on his shoulder, while he pulled me closer into his chest. I felt his shirt rubbing against my back as we moved. It felt nice. I liked his chest against me. His hands held me tightly around my waist with his fingers clasped together, not letting me go. We swayed to the music, in sync with one another.

I opened my eyes to see Mikey standing in front of me holding out a drink. “Oh thank you!” I said as he handed it to me. I tried to pull myself away from Jared but he wasn’t letting go, he was holding on for dear life. If things weren’t already awkward enough between us, Jared was making it worse. “Taylor, I think I’m going to go.” Mikey said looking down at his beer. I felt so horrible, but I was where I wanted to be, in Jared’s arms. “Mikey….” my words were cut off when Jared interrupted me, “….Mikey, I’ll make sure she gets home okay. I’ll see you Monday morning.” He didn’t stick around for me to say anything, he left immediately. I felt so horrible.

“Why did you do that?” I asked him. He looked at me with confusion.

“What? If you want to go be with him, be my guest.” he said pulling away from me, giving me a great opportunity to bail. But I didn’t, I was frozen, he was right, I’d rather be here than with mute Mikey. Mute Mikey, the thought made me giggle to myself.

“What’s so funny?” he asked, pulling me closer to him by my waist once again so we come face to face. He smelled good, it was almost intoxicating.

“Nothing. Just thinking. None of your concern.” I said. He didn’t like that answer, because he tightened his grip on my waist. I could hardly breathe. I felt the buckle on his belt digging into my lower stomach. “Ease up, Jared, that hurts.” I said breathlessly. He did as I asked. We danced for a few more songs, and then he led me through the crowd of people to a secluded booth on the opposite side of the club away from everyone. Leading me inside the booth, the put his arm around me when we sat down.

I had no control over my body. I absolutely exceeded my alcohol limit and I was okay with that. I didn’t have to work tomorrow and I’d have all day to recover. Where was Allie and her guy? I thought to myself, but the thought quickly vanished when he leaned over and whispered, “You look amazing tonight, Taylor.” The feeling of his breath on me, made my body tingle all over.

“Thank you, you don’t look too bad yourself.” I tried not to stutter. He grabbed both sides of my head so I was forced to look at him in his icy blue eyes. “Why are you like this?” he asked. There it was, the question again. If I didn’t already know that he didn’t drink I’d say he was wasted, because even though I’m in a state of oblivion at the moment, I remember clearly that he denied everything yesterday morning, so why was he repeating himself?

“Jared, tell me what you mean by that?” I asked. He didn’t say anything. I felt angry all of a sudden, how could he just sit there not saying a word. I pulled away from him and started to get out of the booth when he grabbed me by my arm and pulled me back down to him. “Taylor, I can’t explain it myself. That’s why I don’t say anything. You just make me feel…..different, I guess.” he said looking away from me.

“Why didn’t you tell me that yesterday?” I asked. He didn’t say a word, he just got up, held out his hand to me and we walked through the crowds of people to where Allie and a new guy sat. “Where’s the other one?” I asked. I had no idea what old boy toy’s name was, she never mentioned it and I never asked. “Oh, he got sick, so I called him a cab.” she said.

Leaning down, Jared whispered in my ear once again, sending chills down my body, “Do you want to come back to the house?” A few moments had passed, Allie was talking, but I heard nothing she said. I turned to him and said, “Yes, Jared, I do want to, but only if you will tell me what you meant.” He leaned over once again and demanded, “Tell your friend bye.” I didn’t waste any time, I told Allie goodbye and he grabbed my hand and we walked together out of the busy club.