Status: Short hiatus.

Legendary

un.

"Kids, did I ever tell you the story of how I met your mother?" I asked my teenaged children, who were sitting on the sofa in front of me.

"No," they looked at each other in confusion. I knew that look by now. That was their simultaneous "Oh, God, someone get Dad to shut the hell up" look. They made that face plenty of times.

"Well, that's what I'm going to do now. It all started in 2006 when the band had gotten signed to Hopeless Records..."

*****

"Dude!" Jack's voice yelled from his seat in the white van that we had all been driving around. "We just got fucking signed to a real record company!"

"Dude, we were there! We know!" I laughed, hitting my best friend in the back of his head, although, the smile didn't leave my face.

This was real. This was really happening. We were signed to a record company. We were going to tour after graduation. This was real life.

Rian laughed from his spot in the driver's seat. "Best Valentine's Day ever," he spoke, a grin evident on his face as well.

"Definitely," the usually quiet Zack spoke from the seat behind me and next to Jack.

"Way better than getting laid by far," the skunk haired guitarist laughed at himself before chugging the can of Mountain Dew that sat in the cup holder next to him, letting out a loud belch. "We're going to be touring the country... on fucking Warped Tour!"

"It doesn't get much better than this, guys," I smiled, crushing my own empty can of Dr. Pepper and throwing it in the backseat at Jack, hearing a loud "ow!" come from my best friend.

*****

It was the first official day of summer. Well, the first day of All Time Low's summer. Today kicked off the Vans Warped Tour. June 15. Columbia, Maryland.

It was nearly 100 degrees outside at Merriweather Post Pavillion, the venue we would all be performing at that day.

All Time Low was set to perform at a smaller stage at around 1pm. It was currently 11am and I was aimlessly walking around the venue, casually looking at the various merch stands - Paramore shirts and bracelets. A Change Of Pace posters. Random Fall Out Boy stickers or other small things.

Today would be a fucking great day.

As I was busy staring at the booths that were either getting ready or already set up for the day's evens, I had ran into somebody.

"Shit, I'm sorry," I quickly spewed out apologies, looking down and seeing a small, petite girl with bright red - and not a ginger red, a serious red - hair, garbed in short jean shorts with what appeared to be super heroes on the pocket and white V-neck t-shirt, lying on the grassy ground below me. "Here," I held out my hand, as she grabbed it and pulled herself up, brushing off the dirt and grass that had stuck to her. "I'm seriously so sorry. I should really pay attention more."

"You should, but it's cool. It was an accident," the girl smiled brightly at me, moving flyaway strands of hair out of her face. "What's your name? Or is there where we awkwardly part ways and never see each other again?"

I couldn't help but feel drawn to this girl. She was funny, witty, and just... beautiful. Snapping out of my thoughts, I smiled at her. "Alex. And yourself?"

"I'm Grace," the blonde beamed at me, sticking her hand out for me to shake it.

As I placed my hand in hers, I felt so many different sparks and all kinds of emotions. "So, uh, Grace, are you in a band? Or a fan? Or working for a booth out here somewhere?"

Grace laughed at my lame attempt to make conversation. "I work at the Keep A Breast booth. What about you?"

"I'm in a band," I spoke, pompously, not intentionally, though. "We got signed on Valentine's Day, while we were still in high school. And as soon as we graduated, we got put out here. And now here I am!"

"And here you are," she smiled slightly at me, looking me up and down, suddenly making me self conscious. "So, how about we trade numbers, so if you get bored on your bus or in your van or, hell, maybe your bike, you can text me and maybe I'll be just as bored and we can entertain each other. Deal?"

"Deal," I nodded a little too eagerly, pulling my phone out of my pocket and handing it to Grace, as she handed me hers.

Pounding in the familiar digits of my own cell phone number, Grace shoved her own mobile back into her back pocket. "Where are you headed towards now?"

"I'm just walking around mindlessly, really. I don't have to perform until 1pm. What about you?" I looked her up and down at this time, noticing her tan legs and her black Vans slip ons.

"I was heading back to the Keep A Breast booth. You could come keep me some company if you want?" she offered, taking the ponytail holder off of her wrist and pulling her hair into a bun that rested on top of her head.

"I'd love to," I grinned, as she took my hand and pulled me across the venue.

This would definitely be a summer to remember.

*****

"Mom's name isn't Grace!" my daughter, Lacey, whined, looking even more confused than she was when I started the story.

Scoffing, my son, Aiden added, "Yeah, it's-"

Cutting him off, I rolled my brown irises that mirrored my childrens' own eyes. "I know what your mother's name is. But I'm getting there!"
♠ ♠ ♠
so, obviously, this is kind of based on the tv show "How I Met Your Mother". i don't know if i'm gonna keep it around, but for now, i'm just seeing where it goes. enjoy!