Status: Short hiatus.

Legendary

deux.

"Kids, I really thought Grace was the one. I thought she was going to be the girl that I married," I spoke to my kids, reminscing on the distant memory. "You must also know that since high school had ended, I'd been constantly searching for 'the one'. So I was always on look out."

"Can we just get on with the story? I really have to pee," Aiden rolled his eyes, earning a look of disgust from his younger sister.

"Jeez, you kids are never interested in the important things," I teased my children, smirking slightly at them. "Anyways, so, where was I? Oh, right. So, we were going to the Keep A Breast booth..."

*****

Still holding onto my hand as she pulled me to a brown and white striped tent that had a flag next to it that read "I Love Boobies".

"I'm supposed to be working with another girl, my friend, Melissa, but she won't be here for," Grace spoke, pushing her red locks out of her face glancing down at her watch, "another 45 minutes at least. So, you get to keep me company until then," she smiled at me.

"What time is it?" I queried, instantly worried about making it to my set in time.

"It's 11:20, you're fine. Chill out, relax," the gorgeous girl spoke, almost as if she had been reading my mind. "I won't let you miss your set. Pinky swear."

"Thanks," I grinned, following her to behind the table that was set up at the booth. "So, what do you do here? Just sell merch and stuff?"

"Kind of. I also ask people to donate money to the Keep A Breast foundation. I really love working for this foundation. I meet really cool people, especially at things like Warped Tour. This is my second year at Warped. It's fucking rad," Grace beamed at a spot on the table, lost in her own trance.

"Really? I've been to Warped before. I think I would've remembered a pretty girl like you," I winked, causing her to laugh at my lame pick up. "That bad?"

"It was pretty bad," she giggled, and I swear, it was the cutest sound I had ever heard in my entire life.

"Damn," I snapped, shooting the girl a small smile.

That was how things went for the next hour or so: me making lame attempts to impress Grace and Grace laughing in my face at them. About thirty minutes into our silly banter, her friend, Melissa, had showed up and we were all talking to each and laughing at dumb jokes and stories we were telling. It was a good, fun, relaxed day.

What she didn't know was that more than half of these lame attempts I was hoping that they would work.

"There's no way you've guys have already been a band for three years. You're, what? Eighteen? I can't imagine a little 15 year old freshman you having any kind of talent. No offense," Melissa commented, causing Grace to laugh at me.

"None taken. We were horrible our freshman year. We even tried to name ourselves Playground X... It was literally awful," I shuddered, remembering the awful days of All Time Low. Luckily, those were in the past.

Suddenly, I felt my phone buzzing in my pocket. Taking it out, I saw three texts from Jack, two from Rian, and one from Zack.

From: Jack
Dude where the fuck are you

From: Jack
ALEX

From: Jack
Idk if you know but we're on in like half an hour

From: Rian
Alex where are you you're kind of important

From: Rian
DUDE WE PLAY WARPED TOUR IN 30 MINS???

From: Zack
I'm supposed to text you and ask where you are so yeah haha

"Shit," I mumbled to myself, shoving the phone back into my pocket and standing up. "I've got to go play in like twenty minutes, but you guys should come watch us play! So, you know, I can prove we're not all that awful," I winked at the two girls sitting in front of me.

"Sure. Sounds fun. C'mon, Mel!" Grace exclaimed excitedly, grabbing her friend's hand, then looking at me as if she needed some kind of confirmation. "Where are you performing at?"

Smiling at my new friends, it was my turn to grab her hand and pull her towards the destination.

Two minutes later, I had gotten both Grace and Melissa to the small stage that All Time Low would occupy for roughly half an hour. "You guys wanna stand side stage or in the crowd?"

"The crowd," Mel decided, earning a nod from Grace. "We love the full Warped experience. I don't want to look like a band slut either," she joked, fixing her gaze to Jack, who was currently tuning his black electric guitar on the side of the stage. "Unless you can hook me up with your guitarist," she winked, earning a chuckle out of me.

"Maybe," I nodded, pushing my dark fringe out of my face. "So, I'm gonna go before my band murders me and you guys stay out here. And if you think we suck, you can leave halfway through the set and never talk to me again. Or if you think we're fucking amazing and really good looking and you think we might look good naked, stay back in the crowd and I'll introduce to the rest of the band. Deal?"

"Deal," the girls said in unison, smiling at me, Melissa's gaze still settling on Jack.

*****

Thirty-two minutes later, our set was finished and to say that I felt amazing would be a large understandment. I felt absolutely phenomenal.

"Hey, guys?" I called to my band members as we were loading our equipment back into our small van.

"What's up?" Rian answered back, disassembling his drum set.

"I met these girls today and-"

Zack cut me off, with a loud groan. "Alex, if you're gonna tell us about how you screwed two girls in one day, we really don't want to hear it. No offense or anything."

"You screwed two girls in one day?!" Jack shouted from his place in the assortment of band equipment. "Dude, high-five!" he exclaimed, holding his arm out for me to slap.

I shook my head vigorously at my best friends. "Dude, no. It's not like that," I protested, earning a sad face from Jack. "They work at the Keep A Breast foundation and they're both really cool. I got them to watch our set and I said if they thought we were pretty good, they could stay after the crowd dispersed and I'd introduce them to you guys," I informed my friends, earning uneasy glances between the three of them. "And one of them really wants to fuck Jack," I added quickly.

Jack slammed the van door shut after all the equipment was put up in its proper place and jumped up and down. "Yes! Let's go meet them! Come on!"

Rian, Zack and I all began laughing at Jack's antics, as he pulled two girls - Melissa and Grace - towards us. "Alex, are these the girls!? Which one wants to bang me!?!"

While Grace looked scared, Melissa looked completely starstruck for the guitarist in front of her. "Yeah, those are the girls," I laughed hard. "This is Grace," I gestured to the red head. "And this is Melissa, a.k.a. the one who wants to screw Jack," I gestured to the pin-straight blonde girl.

"Hey," Grace smiled meekly, pulling herself away from Jack and towards me. "Your friend scares me."

"He has that affect on people," I laughed at her reaction to meeting Jack. "This is Rian, our drummer, and Zack, our bassist."

"It's nice to meet you, Grace," Rian smiled politely, nodding his head in the general direction of Grace.

"Enchante," Zack said in French, obviously trying to impress Grace with his ability to speak two languages.

"Bonjour?" Grace giggled at herself. "Sorry, that's all I know."

"S'cool," Zack smiled at the girl, turning his attention back to the box of food that he had gotten from inside the van.

"Oh, I'm Melissa, or Mel, by the way," Melissa called from where she was sitting in front of Jack.
As Mel and the other member of All Time Low mingled and got to know each other a bit more, Grace and I were off in our own little world, learning trivial things about one another.

"You're from Nashville, you said?" I wanted to clarify, as she nodded her head with a faint smile. "On the Nashville date, June 21, I'm taking you out into Nashville and you get to show me around. Deal?"

"You've got yourself a deal, Mr. Gaskarth," Grace smiled, shaking my hand to seal the deal.

*****

"But, kids, little did I know... your mother would be at the Nashville date of Warped tour," I broke my trance of my story telling to share the small fact with my kids.