Status: Short hiatus.

Legendary

trois.

"Dad, come on, we don't care about all of this," Lacey rolled her brown eyes, pushing her light hair out of the way.

"For once, I agree with Lacey," Aiden laughed to himself, but quickly stopping to give me a serious look. "Can't you just fast forward to the day you met Mom or something?"

"I could start from the very first girlfriend I had in elementary school," I offered, chuckling softly when I saw the petrified expressions on my childrens' faces. "I'm kidding, but every girl I'll tell you about is important to the story. I promise."

"Whatever," Lacey sighed heavily.

"So, anyway, I will fast forward to the Nashville Warped Tour date."

*****

"I can't believe you're really making me show you around Nashville. I'm sure when your band is big everywhere, you'll come to Nashville plenty of times," Grace giggled, standing in front of me by the band's van.

"Flattery will get you nowhere, Ms. Ryan," I smirked at the younger girl. "Now, respect your elders and please fill my request to be shown the beautiful city of Nashville!"

"Unless you like country music and overpriced hotels, you will not be pleased with Nashville, Gaskarth," Grace teased me, moving herself to lean herself of the van's back doors.

"Whatever; it was a deal. You shook on it, Ryan," I took hold of her hand, lacing my fingers through hers, pulling her to the exit of the Warped venue of the day.

Once we finally got through the sea of people, Grace looked over at me, "It's 11am, when is your set?"

"4:30," I stated simply, letting go of Grace's hand, and I could have sworn her face fell just the slightest.

"Oh, so we've got time. I'm going to show you my favorite cafe in this city," the small girl grinned, jogging up the sidewalk, causing me to run to catch up with her.

After about 5 minutes of running from each other, flirting, and small talk, we had finally reached what Grace called "a legendary cafe".

It was a small cafe called The Loveless Cafe and Grace seemed so excited to show someone this place.

"This is probably the only perk of living in this city. You get small cafes that no one really knows about," Grace laced her fingers through mine and pulled me to the door.

Shoving the wooden door open, Grace called out loudly, "I'm here!"

The women behind the counters all yelled out, "Hey, Grace!" as if it were rehearsed.

"I come here a lot when I'm home," Grace shrugged, blushing at her welcome.

"This kind reminds me of this coffee shop back in Baltimore that I go to all the time. Maybe one day I can show it to you," I grinned at her, slightly implying that we could have some kind of future.

"I'd love that," she smiled at me, blushing, but this time because of me. "You have to try their biscuits here," she insisted, finding us a small table. "They're to die for," she added, grabbing a menu from the menu holder in the middle of the table, handing one to me as well.

As she was telling me about these apparently amazing biscuits, a waitress, who seemed to be in her early 40s, in a stereotypical red and white checkered apron had ambled over to our table. "What can I get for y'all today?"

"I'd like two pancakes, some bacon, and of course, a plate of biscuits," Grace smiled, closing the menu and placing it back in its appropriate spot.

"And for you, sir?" the waitress, who's tag read 'Helen', looked at me after writing down Grace's order.

"Hmm... I'll take a waffle, some bacon, hashbrowns and a biscuit, please," I smiled politely at the woman, closing my own menu.

Writing down my order, Helen looked at Grace, "So, are you going to introduce your friend to me, Miss Grace?"

Grace blushed the deepest shade of red I had ever seen. "Mrs. Helen, this is my friend, Alex. I met him on that Warped Tour thing I always tell you about during the fall."

"It's nice to meet you, Alex. I'm Helen. Are you working for this tour?" she asked me, walking over to the counter which was fairly close to us, handing over the paper with our order on it.

"No, ma'am," I said, shaking my head. "I'm actually performing with my band, All Time Low."

"Oh, that's wonderful!" Helen smiled. "I wish the best to y'all then," she pushed his wide rim glasses up to her eyes, walking away for a few short seconds to pick up our plates.

"Thank you," I beamed; hearing people be supportive of All Time Low was one of my favorite things in the world.

As Helen placed down mine and Grace's plates in front of us, Grace smiled over at me. "They're so good, Mrs. Helen."

"We're okay," I said bashfully, cutting up my waffle.

"More than okay," Grace argued playfully with me. "You're amazing."

It was now my turn to blush at Grace's words. You're amazing. "Thank you."

*****

"I hope you enjoyed me as your tour guide of the city today," Grace smiled as we reached the entrance to the venue.

"I thoroughly enjoyed it," I chuckled at how cute this girl was. "We'll have to take tours of other cities together sometime."

"We will when you're not busy being a rockstar," Grace laughed at her own joke, pushing her red hair out of her face.

I thought long and hard about my next action. This girl was amazing. She showed me a piece of her today - The Loveless Cafe. She showed me a part of her that she loved dearly. That meant a lot to me and I had no idea why. Maybe because no one had really ever done something like that before. No one had gone out of their way to show me something close to their heart.

Even though at the beginning of the day, Grace had been ragging on this city, but you could tell she loved it. The way her eyes lit up at the sites and attractions of Nashville only proved it.

So, I had decided that I was going to do what I wanted to do. As Grace began walking away from me, I quickly grabbed her arm pulling her towards me.

"Alex, what are you doing?" Grace furrowed her eyebrows.

"Look, Grace, I like you. I don't know why I do, honestly. Maybe because of the way you've challenged me all day. When I said something smart ass, you just shot right back. Maybe because you showed me a piece of who you are today. I don't know, I guess I like that. I just met you and I'm falling so hard for you, Grace," I laughed at how corny I was being.

"Alex."

"No, shut up," I joked. "I like you, okay?" Without waiting for a reply from the girl, I pressed my lips up to hers, feeling fireworks and rockets and all sorts of butterflies go off in my stomach.
After a few seconds of what I assumed to be shock, Grace's arms snaked around my neck, pulling me closer. Grace's lips were soft and inviting and I couldn't get enough of them.

Pulling away from me, Grace pushed my fringe out of my face, with a big smile on her face. "I like you, too, okay?"

*****

"Mom was right," Lacey said, looking as if she was taken aback.

"She definitely was," Aiden agreed. nodding his head.

"Right about... what?" I asked nervously. I had learned that in my family, you had to tread carefully and know which questions to ask, so naturally, I was a little hesitant about the answer to this question.

"You fell for girls so fast when you were young!" Lacey almost shouted. "You knew this Grace girl for, like, what, two days? And you already kissed her!"

I couldn't help but roll my eyes at my wife and my kids. Although, they were right. I fell for girls disgustingly fast.

"Anyways, what I also didn't know that day was that your mother had watched All Time Low's set."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm kind of iffy about this chapter, but I hope you guys enjoy it!