Status: Please don't be a silent reader. Lemme know how I'm doing!

Please, Don't Leave Me

3

He left me in the now dark room. I was terrified of this person called Shadows. What did he mean by own me? He can’t own me, no one can own me. I am a free person. I’m eighteen for heaven’s sake. I was getting angrier with the situation I was in.

My fear began to dissolve the more I worked myself up. My anger was taking over my body and a new strength seemed to overcome me. I pulled my wrists hard, ignoring the pain it brought me. Screaming, I managed to pull the ring; that my handcuffs were attached to, away from the crumbling wall. My body was thrown back from the wall with the force I was pulling at and landed with a loud thud on the concrete floor.

Ignoring my now aching back, I pulled myself up and fumbled around the dark room trying to find the stairs to the door. My ankle hit the bottom step, causing me to fall forwards flat on my face. I needed to slow down a little, or I was going to end up causing myself more injuries.

On my hands and knees, I crawled up the stairs to the closed door, and pulled myself up on the handle. I stopped, taking a deep breath, and slowing turned the handle, as quietly as I could. A small squeak escaped, but I couldn’t tell whether it was coming from the handle or my throat.

The door clicked; the stupid idiots had left it unlocked. Pushing the door open really slowly, I peered through the crack to see if there was anyone around. There wasn’t, so I squeezed through the crack and slowly closed the door behind me. I had stepped out onto a long corridor that seemed to go on for miles. Along the sides of the corridor, seemed an endless amount of doors lined up, entrances to places I had no idea of.

My feet were bare, and it made it easier to sneak down the carpet clad corridor. I had no idea where I was going; I just knew I had to find a way out. My feet subconsciously carried me down the corridor, as my head spun round looking for clues to find my way out. My pace got quicker and quicker, as I was getting more frantic.

I could hear footsteps off in the distance and decided I needed to finally decide on a door. A beautiful gold framed door, with a lovely gold handle stood before me and after quickly checking my surroundings, I shot inside, closing the door softly behind me.

“Well hello there.”

I froze, holding my breath inside, almost as if it would make me invisible to the person who had just spoken to me.

“Don’t be afraid, please come in and sit down.”

I opened my eyes to look at the boy who had just spoken to me. His bright blue eyes looked back at me. They say that the eyes are the window to a person’s soul. If that is true then this boy had had a painful past. Whilst he had a small smile on his face, his eyes showed pain I had never seen before.

“Please sit down. I’m Elijah,” his voice was soft, and it felt comforting to be around a nice person again. I took a seat next to him and attempted to show him some sort of a smile.

“I’m Rose,” I had forgotten how horse my throat was until I tried to squeak out my name to this new boy. He took my head in his own and placed a soft kiss on the back of my hand. I felt my face flush as I smiled back at Elijah.

“I’m pleased to meet you, Rose.”