Status: Please don't be a silent reader. Lemme know how I'm doing!

Please, Don't Leave Me

4

“Quick, Rose. Get under the bed!”

“What? No…”

“Just do it! They’re coming.” Elijah cut me off before I could continue my sentence and ushered me off of the bed. The large, oak bed we had been sitting on, had a sufficient amount of space underneath it, to allow me to squeeze underneath it.

“Please, just don’t speak. No matter what happens, just stay there and be quiet. Promise me?” Elijah was crouched down looking at me in my hiding place. He held out his little finger, willing me to take part in the childish process of a ‘pinky promise’. I linked my smallest finger with his as he kissed our linking digits. I smiled as he moved away from me and sat back on the bed. I held my breath as I heard the door click open and another voice added into the mix.

“Mr Campbell… How are we this evening?” From underneath the bed, I watched as Elijah’s feet slowly stepped back away from the door.

“Ermm… Fine, Mr Vengeance, Sir!” Loud footsteps now stepped closer to Elijah’s feet, causing a mini earthquake to erupt along the floor that was underneath me.

“Oh that’s good to hear, Elijah. So, are you going to tell me where the girl is?” My breathing hitched in my throat as I heard Elijah also suck in a long breath. More footsteps could be heard as I watched, what I presumed to be Mr Vengeance’s feet step threateningly towards Elijah’s bare feet. Elijah’s feet were pushed against the skirting board of tiptoes, trying desperately to get as far away as possible.

It was no use though; Mr Vengeance’s feet were an inch away from Elijah’s toes. Then suddenly, Elijah’s feet disappeared from my view. It wasn’t until I heard a soft, spluttering noise coming from out of sight that I realised what was happening. From what I could piece together, the choking noise was coming from poor Elijah’s throat. Mr Vengeance seemed to be somehow choking the young boy.

“Where is the fucking girl?!” Mr Vengeance screamed at the choking boy.

“I… Don’t… Know…” Elijah tried to get the words out through his gasping of breaths. There was a loud thud as Elijah’s body was dropping to the floor. His eyes met mine as I watched Mr Vengeance now kick Elijah all over his body. Tears sprung from my eyes as I shifted in my position desperately wanting to help the hurting boy.

He must have known my plan as his eyes begged me to stay where I was. I shook my head. I couldn’t just leave this poor boy to get hurt over me. It wasn’t fair. I whispered a small please to him as he still continued to shake his head at me. I couldn’t take it anymore as I shouted at the top of my lungs, pulling myself from under the bed.

“Well hello, Miss Parker. It’s nice of you to join us. Couldn’t stand by and watch your little friend get hurt? I was wondering how long it would take you to appear. The truth is, I saw you hiding under there when I first entered the room. I just decided I would have a little fun until you or your little friend here decided to co-operate. But now that you have, I’ll introduce myself. Zacky Vengeance, at your service.” He bowed in front of me, with a smirk on his face.