Status: Please don't be a silent reader. Lemme know how I'm doing!

Please, Don't Leave Me

5

Zacky lead the way as Elijah and I followed closely behind, handcuffed together. It was a long work down the corridor and I knew we weren’t going back to my dungeon prison as from what I could gather we were going in the opposite direction. As we walked slowly, I had the time to take in each and every door which lined the corridors.

Every single door was different. No two doors were even slightly similar to each other. Each had their own distinctive decoration which set it apart from any other door. It was almost as if these doors were human in their selves and held personalities just like any other human being.

I couldn’t tell how long we had been walking for, but Zacky finally came to a halt in front of the door at the very head of the corridor. With my mind so transfixed on inspecting every door we walked past, I hadn’t noticed we had stopped and so slammed into the back of Elijah, causing him to tumble into Zacky.

Zacky span around to look at us both, then inspecting Elijah, who lay awkwardly on the floor. He wrapped a large hand around Elijah’s collar and pulled him up, roughly, from the ground.

“Now, some rules before you enter. Number one; only speak when you are spoken to. Number two; keep your eyes on the floor at all times, unless you are told otherwise and number three; you must refer to Mr Shadows as Sir and nothing else. Trust me on this; you do not want to get on his bad side. Stick to the rules and you’ll enjoy your time here,” Zacky finished lecturing us both, before turning around and knocking on the door.

I scoffed at him referring to us enjoying our time here. I shouldn’t even be here in the first place and I definitely did not intend on sticking around long enough to start enjoying it. As soon as I could, I would find my way out of here and I was planning on taking Elijah with me. Elijah tried to help me, even when he didn’t know me and so, as far as I was concerned I owed him a repayment of that favour.

The door in front of us creaked as it opened, seemingly by itself, and Zacky ushered us inside. My eyes wondered around the large room, getting distracted by the amount of things that littered the floor and walls. My eyes landed on a map which was hanging from a wall, in the far corner of the room.

There were many different coloured pins covering the map, in different countries of the world. I scowered the wall, trying to find and indication of what these multicoloured pins meant.

"I told you to look at the fucking floor!" Zacky screamed at me whilst simultaneously grabbing a hand full of my hair. He pushed me down to my knees in front of some enormous, black boots.

I felt a kick to the face as I was knocked onto my side. My body automatically recoiled into the foetal position, trying to protect my now trembling body. I looked up to see a face mere inches away from my own.

"Don't you ever disrespect me in my own office. You are my property, so fucking act like it!"