A Million Nights

You are arrested!

"Mom? Dad? What are you doing here?"- I run into the arms of my parents and hugged them.

"Rita called us and told us what happened to you. We came right we can! "

"You're so skinny, Annie."

"Mom, don't start. Where is João? "

"It's out there with his girlfriend!"

"Girlfriend?"

Ok ... this was a big surprise. My brother already dating? I'm really happy for him and also to return to see my family.

"My dear aunt! So how are you?"

"Rita! You two aren't going to eat anything. You are very thin. "

"Were getting some exercise!" - After saying this, Rita looks at me with a serious look. I understood that she was panicking as I do. We are at home but we were not alone. Brian and Zacky were with us. Well, I can say that they were much calmer than us. Brian never left my side until my dad decides to ask the question I most feared.

"So who are these guys? Are they your boyfriends? "

"Yes, uncle Carlos. This is my boyfriend. Zacky."

"Hey boy. Nice to meet you! "

"Nice to meet you, too Mr. Carlos."

"Well, this is ..."

"Brian, right?"

"Yes, mom. How do you know?"

"I have not forgotten how much you liked them when you were in college. Especially Brian. Hello Brian."- I froze after those words and when i saw my dad smiling while he was greeting Brian. My parents are very conservative people and I can say that Portuguese people are very traditional and my father never liked the new modern style much less tattoos. When I arrived to the living room, the only thing I thought was my father freaking out when she saw Brian and Zacky by having them tattooed all over their bodies but no. He was very well, unlike my mother. I felt in her eyes that she was very afraid about my relationship with Brian.

"Nice to meet you. And now I want to congratulate you for having a daughter so beautiful and talented. "

"And congratulations for having a niece as beautiful as Rita!"

"Thank you. I hope they take care of them. "

"Don't doubt that. Your daughter is everything to me. "

"About that, Brian. We need to talk."- Ok... I back to freeze again! My father suddenly became serious and sat on the couch. Incredibly, Brian remained calm and serene and was ready to listen to all my father had to say.

"Brian, first of all I wanted to thank you all the support you have given to my daughter after what happened." - My father paused, giving the opportunity to Brian talk.

"Mr. Carlos, I did more than my duty. I even blame myself for not having insisted with Annie to get her to school that night. But as we can't go back in time, the only thing I could do was support her in this difficult time. I will always be with her at all times. That is my goal. And of course, make her happy. "

"Thanks again. I see that you are honest and you're being true to my daughter. But that does not mean that I trust 100% in you. Anita don't look at me like that. I am not saying this because of the look of Brian. You know what I think about it but since he makes you happy and love you as much as you love him, you have my support. "

"Dad... Are you okay? Sorry to be asking this question ... but I never expected something like that from you. "

"I just want you and your brother are happy. Well, second, Brian. I hope you don't disappoint her. Beyond beings her boyfriend, you are one of her idols. "

"I will never disappoint her. Never ever. I don't know if you already know how we met ... but I can only say one thing: this girl was put in my way on purpose. And I will not let her out of my life. I will not want to lose this beautiful and talented girl." - Brian looked at me in the eye and touched my face making me blush. I was very nervous with all that talk. But however my attention was all for the person who had just entered: my brother! I got up from the couch and ran towards my brother, jumping onto his lap and clinging to his neck and Rita did the same.

"Joãooooo! I missed you so much! "

"Cousin! How are you?"

"Easy, easy! Let me breathe! Hello guys! "

"Hey man!"

We returned to the living room where my father was still talking with Brian, this time about cars and other stuff... men! My brother approached them and I presented it to Brian and Zacky. My brother just created a strong friendship with them when they started talking about music and guitars. Yes, my brother also plays guitar and has had about 3 bands.
The atmosphere was very relaxed and my mother was more comfortable with Brian and with Zacky. But we were all stopped when my phone started ringing.

"Hello?"

"Good afternoon, I'm talking to Miss Ana Gonzalez?"

"Yes, you do. Who is it? "

"I'm the agent Clarkson of the Police station. I wanted to talk to you about two issues. "

"Has anything to do with what happened on Tuesday?"

"Yes. Firstly, I wanted to ask you to be here at the police station at about 5 pm and to come together with the two boys who were with you that night, Brian Haner and Matthew Sanders."

"Okay. Tay and Johnny don't have to go too? They were the ones that found me."

"Yes, but they are already here. This is the second subject in which I wanted to talk to you. Your friends are arrested. "

"What?? Tay and Johnny are arrested? What happened? "

"If you want you can go now here and we'll explain everything."

"Ok. Thank you!"- I hung up the phone and looked at everyone. - "You will not believe what happened."

"What happened, babygirl?"

"Tay and Johnny are arrested! And we have to go to the police station because of what happened to me."

"Tay and Johnny? Are arrested? "- said Rita and Zacky.

"Yes, but I still don't know the reason. Where is Matt? He has to go with us to the police station."

Brian picked up the phone and called Matt, for which she said he was going to the police station now. My parents, my brother and his girlfriend stayed home to prepare things while we went to the police station.
30 minutes later, we were already at the station. It was 16:30. Lacked half an hour for my "meeting" with the cops, so we took the opportunity to try to understand what happened to Johnny and Tay.

"Hello. We are here because of two guys who were arrested this afternoon. Jonathan Seward and Tay Gonzaga."

"Follow me, please."- The agent took us to a room where he was police commissioner.

"Please come in."

"Can you tell us what happened?"

"Well, I can say that the girls have a very rebellious and courageous friend." - he said looking at me and Rita and then look at Brian, Zacky and Matt. - "And you have a friend very seductive."

"We know. But what happened to them to being arrested? "

"Where shall I begin? They were having sex in a phone booth in a deserted street and ..."

"WHAT?" - We panicked with what we had just heard. Tay and Johnny? Together? Having sex?

"Yes, it's true. They were arrested and were being questioned when, your friend Tay tried to seduce my guards. And your friend Johnny took advantage of the fact that one of my policewomen to be his fan. But of course ... failed big thing. "

"We can see them?" - I asked.

"Sure!"

We got up all the chairs and went to the meeting of the saddle where Tay and Johnny were.

"You guys are crazy! What gave you in your mind?"

"We were not doing anything. I would never have anything to do with this little ma ..."

"Yeah, yeah! Tay don't lie. You always had a crush on him." - Rita told with a straight face.

"She's telling the truth. Nothing happened between us. We were just exploring the phone booth..."

"Johnny, please. Exploring the phone booth?" - Said Brian, putting his arm around my shoulders.

"Shut up! Get us out of here." - said Tay.

"Yes, we'll get you out of here because we have to talk to the commissioner about what happened to me. And as you are witnesses ..."

The police opened the saddle and they went from there. I just know Johnny had a big mark on the neck. It was obvious that they had something with each other and were trying to hide it.
It was almost 5 pm and we were already in the interrogation room. Until appears the commissioner.

"Hello again. I ask you two to leave the room because they are not witnesses. It's not for me, but is the house rules. "

"No problem." - Zacky and Rita left the room and just, Brian, Matt, Johnny, Tay and I stayed there.

"Let's start. I have bad news. The boys were arrested. They will be held for five years."

"5 years? 5 years? You know how my girlfriend is after those motherfuckers trying to rap... after trying to do what they would do? Can you imagine when we try to touch her and she scream for thinking that they will come back? Can you imagine what it is to be awake all night for fear for re-live that nightmare? "

"I know. It's not easy for me and they would spend the rest of his life there. But it was not me who made this decision. But the bad news is that ... they found out who paid them to do that. Michelle Di... Michelle DiBenedetto."

"That bitch of hell!" - Tay said, giving a punch on the table.

"I can't believe it!" - Brian was extremely nervous and got up from his chair and began walking around the room ... I just don't know what to say. Just wondered why? Why Michelle did this to me?

"Syn, take it easy, bro. Everything will be solved!"- Matt said.

"She is arrested too, right?" - Brian said, leaning his hands on the table, looking at the commissary.

"We don't know where is she... we went to her house, talked with her sister and parents but nobody knows where she is. We will continue our investigations and we promise that we will do justice."

"Well, I don't know if this can help ... but today I was with Val and she told me something. First she asked me to apologize her and told me she believed in me. I was overjoyed because obviously I thought I was going to have my beautiful wife back. But the joy did not last long. She said she would leave the United States and would live to Asia."

"We have to quickly go to the airport. That was how long ago?"

"It was the thing an hour. She still went to pack..."

"Lopez, join the staff. We have a mission."

I don't believe Val would help her sister moving out of the country. I mean, I understand her side ... but doesn't she see that her sister is completely insane? I felt a great sadness and a heavy weight on my chest. I felt my eyes fill with tears and as much as I fight against them, they began to run on my face. Brian looked at me and hugged me immediately, giving me little kisses on the cheeks.

"Why? Why? What's wrong with her? I never did her any harm, Bri. "

"It's all because of me... I'm so sorry, Annie. This is all because of me. "

"Brian, please do not say that. You are the man I love and I don't wanna be without you but don't accuse yourself of something that you didn't do. The only guilty here is Michelle."
Brian cleaned my tears with his hands and then gave me a hug that made me feel all his support. I also felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and it was Matt.

"And Val, Matt? I'm so sorry..."

"Don't worry, Annie. She chose her way... She chose to support her crazy sister. She disappointed me a lot. But I'll be fine. We want you to go back being that strong and determined girl. And you, Gates! Do not blame yourself, bro. Just love this girl like there is no tomorrow. "

"I will, Matt. I swear for God I will love this girl till the day I die!"