A Million Nights

Behind these hazel eyes

"Good morning, everybody!" - Rita and Zacky came down the stairs with sleepy eyes but with a confused look. - "What is going on here? We woke up with Annie yelling with Matt."
Annie was devastated unable to say a single word. Her eyes began to fill with tears but she managed to control them. Brian was even worse. he was shaking with nerves. The anger was visible in his eyes.

"How he was able to kiss you, Annie? So you see the respect he has for me."

"What?" - Zacky panics. - "Shadows kissed Annie? Wait! Why did he kiss you?"

"Why, Zacky? I already suspected that. Since the day I saw those fucking pictures..."

"But the photos were false, Brian!"

"I know, Annie. I know. But ... I do not know ... I felt something ... I always knew he felt something for you. And what is fucking my mind is that he knew you at the same circumstances than me."

"Brian... He's confused..."

"Confused, Annie? Confused? I can even understand that he feels something for you for obvious reasons. But..."

"Gates... Annie's right." - Said Johnny while he sat on the couch. - "Shadows is going through a very difficult time. Annie helped him and was worried about him. She was there for him."

"Exactly, bro. could have been Annie, could have been Rita, Tay or Veronica."

"This wouldn't have happened if he hadn't found you on the beach and if you hadn't helped him."

"Do you, by chance, blaming me for what happened?"

"He is not the only guilty, Annie."

"I don't believe it!"

"And now no excuses. He is not confused. He knew very well what he was doing! And you seized the fact that I wouldn't be home for being with him like he wanted."

"What? Brian, I think it's better not saying anything else! "

"I have no reason?"

"Fuck, Gates! Shut up! Shut up, Gates! You know that's not true. You know perfectly what the intentions of Annie were. And it's true! Matt is confused. He's lacking of love. And Annie was there whenever he needed. He's simply creating feelings for Annie because he needs it now to ease the pain he feels for losing Val. don't you understand that?" - Tay said, exalting herself. She never liked Brian, it's true, and this situation was to let her very angry.

"I have to understand everything! But why nobody stands in my place? Zacky, imagine that Rita was alone with Matt and he kissed her? I'm not even talking about the moment I found you both in the kitchen, Annie... he almost kissed you and you didn't do anything to prevent it. If I didn't appear there and you wrapped into each other!"

"It's enough, Brian! I'm sick of this conversation!" - Annie gets up from the couch, crying a lot this time and completely heartbreaking. - "I thought you trusted in me and my love for you. I know we aren't dating so long ago but I swear I thought you had already achieved show how much I love you..."

"Honestly ... I'm starting to have doubts!"

"Doubts? Doubts about what?"

"About your love for me, Annie. Yes! I have my doubts. I doubt since those damn pictures!"

"You know what? For me, that's enough!"

"Annie, take it easy sis." - Rita approaches Annie, trying to calm her. She knew Annie would do the least wanted and would repent later. - "Do nothing now, sis. Let's go to the bedroom."

"I'm not going anywhere. Brian, I'm really disappointed with you ... Very much. I never thought that after everything we build, everything that we live... you has doubts about us. But I think... it's over!"
Annie turns his back to Brian but he didn't let her go. He grabbed her arm and pulled her to him.

"You're not breaking up with me, do you?" - Annie looked away, closed her eyes and took a deep breath for one last time, thinking about what she really wanted, or what was right to do.

"Brian ... It's over!"

"You can't do this, Annie!"

"I don't want this for us, Brian. I was starting to believe that we could be happy together for the rest of our lives, but you don't trust me... you can't even see the condition in which one of your best friends is in this moment. You accused me of things I never thought to do, Bri. You are the only man I wish. I can't look at anyone else and imagine having something with that guy or do something with the other. No! I can't because I love you more than anything in this life... You looked just for you and your interests. You were selfish, Brian. Very selfish!"
Annie joins Rita and begins to climb the stairs to go to her bedroom.

"Do it. Break up with me and run to the arms of your friend! Go, Annie, go!"

"I hate you Brian. I HATE YOU!"

"Don't worry. The feeling is mutual."

Brian sits on the couch, putting his arms on his legs, fixing his cold gaze to the floor.
Annie looks at him again. It was apparent that she had broken her heart completely. Broken into tiny pieces. Her face was very flushed from crying and anger that broke at the time. Rita grabbed Annie's hand and led her to the bedroom.

*** Brian’s POV ***

I couldn't believe what was happening there. I couldn't believe I had lost Annie. I couldn't believe that Matt had kissed my girlfriend... the woman I love so much ... and thanks to that, I had lost her. No... It wasn't because of it... it was thanks to my stupid attitude. It was thanks to all I said to Annie. I accused her of things that I know are not true. He said things that I don't feel. I trust her. I believe in her love, our love and don't want to lose her. I don't want to lose Annie.

"Hey, man..." - Zacky came up to me, along with Johnny.

"I just lost the woman I loved and I love most in life..." - My words came almost as murmuring... a simple outburst expressing all the pain I was feeling at that moment. Tears began to invade my eyes and it was being very difficult to control them.

"You didn't lose her, Syn. She loves you. Annie really loves you. More than any woman you had. “- Zacky said trying to calm me. I simply refused, nodding my head, never taking my eyes from the ground.

"You don't say what you wanted and what you felt to each other. I'm sure Annie will go back to what she said." - Johnny said putting his hand on my shoulder.

"No, she will not." - Tay was leaning to the couch until she begins to approach us. I looked at her and saw a very cynical look. - "She will not go back to you. You know why, Brian? "

"Because I don't deserve her..." - I said murmuring.

"Exactly. You don't deserve Annie. You never deserved. I confess you made her very happy and I never saw Annie like this last month ... so you've really changed her life. But you are worthless, Gates... WORTHLESS! "

"Tay... Stop saying that. Brian is already hurt. It's enough. “- Johnny said trying to ease the tension in that room.

"Stop saying that? You should have told that to your buddy when he started saying that my "sister" was a whore and that had cheated on him... or had intentions of doing so. Look my little boy..." - Tay closer to us and she was little low so that I look up to her. - "I'm proud to say and having witnessed that Annie never, NEVER, betrayed anyone. Not lovers, not friends, not family. It never crossed her mind. Because when she loves, she loves it seriously. She gives everything she can to the person who she's caring about. You had a lot of luck, you know? But your luck ran out. You’ll never find someone like her..."

"I know that..." - I said again muttering without looking at the Tay. I felt like a coward. I couldn't face her because what she was saying was true.

"How could you be so stupid, Brian?"
Tay walked away from me until I could look at her. Her attitude was not helping me and I was starting to feel something in my stomach and a lot of pressure in my head that made me explode with rage.

"I know I was stupid! I know I was the most stupid and selfish man on earth. But could you stop fucking my mind?”

"Ahahaha! Stop? I really love Annie but I can't say I'm sad about this. She deserves better. You are a guy full of quirks. You think you're pretty good at everything you do. At the stage, it seems that your main objective is to bring all those chicks to bed instead from doing what you compete to do. You are the opposite of Annie. "

"Who do you think you are for saying that about me?"
I was clearly annoyed and Tay was taking me mad. I approached her and for a moment, all that anger was making me lose control. Zacky and Johnny, seeing me like this, approached me and grabbed me!

"Who am I? I'm one of the best friends of Annie and I'm here to defend my girl of guys like you. You are nothing, Gates. You're just a pretty boy who was lucky enough to become one of the sexiest men in the world and also one of the best guitarists. Ah! And you had the good fortune to find a beautiful woman who loves you very much. Ups! You just lost her! I'm sorry, Synyster Gates."
I didn't get the control anymore. I went to her and I almost hit her. Zacky and Johnny were in time to grab me. I'm lost and I don't know what to do.

"I'll see how Annie is. It's not worth wasting any more time with you. I take and bring your things... I can't wait you leave this house."
Tay left the room and left us alone. I was still extremely nervous and the only thing I thought was in Annie. I had to make her forgive me up. I had to have her back. I can't even imagine my life without her. I can't! She is the woman I want. We only dated for a month but I know that she is who I want to spend the rest of my life, get married, have children, everything!
I walked from one side to the other in the living room. Johnny and Zacky still sitting looking at me and sometimes looked at each other as if we find some way to calm me down.

"Syn, please sit down a bit!" - Zacky said.

"No ... I have to go talk to Annie. I have to apologize to her before it is too late. "

"It will never be too late because she loves you and she will understand your side."

"What side, Johnny? I was an idiot... a jerk! I did wrong the woman I love, she broke up with me and

"I don't know what to do..."

"You had a fit of jealousy, Syn. It's understandable. Ok... you didn't choose the best words and attitude was not the best but..."- Johnny punches in Zacky's arm showing that he should not say that. - "What?"

"Nothing, Zacky! Nothing. Syn... Give her time. Tomorrow you talk to her."

"It's better, bro. I'm going upstairs to tell them that we're leaving."

"I don't leave this house until I talk to Annie!"

"Syn, don't effort things. Believe me. If you force, you will worsen your situation! "

*** Annie's POV ***

"What comes next? One day I'm almost raped, another, the best friend of my boyfriend kisses me, on the other I break up with my boyfriend... my God! I tired..."

"Annie... Are you sure you made the right decision?"

"Of course I didn't make the right decision! I love Brian. I love him to the end, Rita! He was jealous... I understand that. But... I'm very hurt. Every word he said was a stab in my heart. "

"Go talk to him, sis. I'm sure he's as sorry as you are."

"Annie ... I had a big discussion with Brian..."

"Yeah, I know Tay. We could hear it. "

"You know Brian ... I don't like him!"

"Yes, I know." - In saying that, Tay made me smile a little. She never liked Brian. Since we became fans of Avenged Sevenfold, she always found Brian very convinced.

"Well ... I told him lots of things... very bad things. I have no regrets... but I could have been friendlier. But what I mean is... when I was telling him all that... well... I saw the most desperate and hurt look of the world. He was heartbroken. Like you, Annie. He was a stupid, a jackass... but he loves you very much, Annie. He loves you very much!"

"I know ... I never doubted his love for me!"

"Annie, get up!"

"Uh?"

"Get up!"

I got up without knowing what Tay would do. But now we both look at Rita. She was very pale, her hands were on her stomach and she was slightly tilted on her legs.

"Sis, are you okay?"

"Rita, you need something? A glass of water, tea ... you're so pale!"

We approached her and at the time I sit in bed, she gets up and leaves the room, running towards the bathroom. Tay and I went behind her and found Zacky in the top of the stairs, looking at us with a confused look.

"What happened?"

"I don't know, Zacky!" - Tay said.
The three of us ran to the bathroom.

"Baby, are you okay!"

"I'm tired of discussions and probl... problems!" - Rita coughed while speaking... it looked like she was choking on something or... or she was throwing up.

"Rita, can we come in?"

"No ... No! I want to stay... I want to be alone! "

"Baby, I'm worried about you. You want me to call a doctor? "

"No, Z. I... Fuck! I'm fine. It's nerves."

“Ok… I went here to tell you that we’re leaving.”

“Brian too?”

“Yes, Annie. Actually, we’re leaving because of him… and you.”

“How is he?”

“Heartbreaking! He’s very sad, Annie. He’s really sorry about everything… he was jealous. Do you really wanna break up with him?”

“Of course, not. I love him. I really do. From the bottom of my heart.”

“Go talk to him. Not now. I mean… I think you both need time…”

“Sure. I’m not ready to talk to him right now.”

“Ok… so, we have to…” - Zacky started to walk back but never taking his eyes off the door of the bathroom until he leaned there.

“Babygirl, I’m leaving, ok? I’ll call you later.”

“Bye, Z. I love you.” - Rita seemed better. But even so, she was dragging the voice.
Zacky was a few seconds looking at the door. He really wanted to come in and know what was wrong with his girlfriend. He deep breath and walked away.

*** Zacky's POV ***

Rita was very strange lately. She woke up unwell and ill, she was constantly throwing up, she has very hungry, she was always in the bathroom...
Today was another day she threw up. Apparently the girls don't know anything. She also never talked to me about that but I knew something was not right with her. And increasingly believes she was pregnant. Our first night left me worried.
I went downstairs and the boys were still sitting on the couch. Syn had his head resting in his arms and I am sure he was crying.
I approached them and Syn didn't react. I looked at Johnny and he just shrugged his shoulders.

"Syn, let's go."

"No."

"Syn, come on!" - Johnny took his arm to help him up but he refused.

"No. Annie! I need you. Come here, please, Annie!"

"Syn, please. She's not coming. Come on. I'll tell you what she told me on the way home."

"Annie, I love you. I'm so sorry, babygirl."

Suddenly, Annie came down the stairs.

"Brian, go home."

"I don't wanna lose you!"

"You didn't lose me, Bri. But... go home!"

"Come on, Syn. Let's go."

"It's better we talk tomorrow, Bri. Go home. "

"But you'll forgive me, right? Please forgive me, babygirl! "

"Bri, please!"

"Ok... I'll call you later!"

Annie looked at Syn and smiled a little. What she really wanted was to run into his arms and kiss him and never stop does it. I could see that in her eyes.
Syn didn't take his eyes of Annie and Johnny and I had to pull him to the door. I confess that it was easy. He had understood the message of Annie and he was much calmer.
We left Annie's house and got in the car. Syn didn0t say a word during the entire trip. He leaned his head against the window and looked outside. I've never, in all these years I know Syn, seen him like this. Never. He was completely destroyed. It was the first time he cried for a woman. That meant that Annie was indeed different from all the rest.
We arrived at Brian's house and he got out without saying us a single word. We also went out and entered the house.

"Guys, I appreciate everything you have done for me but I want to be alone."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Johnny."

He was really down and I remembered what Annie had said to me.

"Syn... I talked to Annie."

"Wow, yeah. You said you'd tell me everything."

"Well, we didn't talk too much but she said she didn't want to break up with you." - Syn's eyes flashed again and he approached me with a small smile.

"Really? What did she say exactly?"

"She just said she didn't want to end the relationship and that she really love you a lot but now she needs time. She's hurt, man. You have to have patience."

"Thank God." - Syn smiled, this time with a happier smile. He put his hands on my shoulders and took a deep breath. - "Yeah, I'll give her the time that she wants since she comes back to me."

"Man, are you sure you want to be alone?" - Johnny repeated approaching us.

"Yeah, I'm sorry guys. But this time I really have to be alone. I'll still have to go to my dad's house so... Thanks for everything. "

"Ok! If you need anything..." - I said, making the gesture of the phone with my fingers.

"No problem! See you soon, guys."

"Take it easy, Gates."

We left the house and back to the car. My head felt like a piece of shit. Really. I neither knew what worried me most. Whether it was the Shadows, the relationship of Annie and Brian or if the condition of my girl.
Anyway, Johnny and I got in the car and we decided to go home to see how Shadows was. We parked in front of his house and we knocked the door. When he opened it, Johnny and I were very surprised by his condition: he was completely drunk.

"Come in!"

"I can't believe you've been drinking..."

"Ahahah! Johnny, we're always drinking."

"How are you?" – Johnny asked.

"Zacky... Zacky V! You're a great friend, you know? And you too, Christ. But you know what? I'm suck.
I lost my wife, fell in love with the girlfriend of one of my best friends ... I am a SHIT! I'M A BIG PIECE OF SHIT"

"Everything is gonna be ok, Matt." - I said, approaching him, trying to give him a hug but he was so drunk that pushed me away.

"It will not, Zacky! It will not! Annie is different. Syn was right."

"How so?" - Johnny asked with a confused look, looking at me.

"That day when I went to the beach and I heard her voice ... That day she sang for us while playing the piano, the way she looks at us in the eyes... her sweet lips... those lips that I want to kiss 24 hours a day..."

"Matt, Annie is Gates' girlfriend. You have to respect that." - I said, grabbing him immediately after having him unbalanced. Johnny approached us and helped me take Shadows to the living room couch and he sat there.

"Gates ... Gates ... I'm not talking about the Gates. I'm talking about Annie. And she is what I wanna talk about... How is she?"

"Matt... If we'll talk about Annie, we have to talk about Gates too. He is her boyfriend. And you have to respect that, bro. You have to ignore these feelings. She loves Gates. "

"It's so fucking true... she loves that guy..."

"Why don't you start going out with Veronica, or with another girl?"

"It's not the same thing... Annie is different. She has a unique personality, she's strong and determined, I love her style, I love the way she dresses and how she make up... she is so talented, she has a magnificent voice... and I want to be with her. I have to be with her."
I made a sign to Johnny and I withdrew a little... I decided to call Rita to see how she was and how was Annie. I went into the kitchen and sat down in one of the chairs that were there. I was very confused by the whole mess. I was very afraid about the future of the band after this... and of course, about the future of our strong and long friendship.

"Hey, Z."

"Hey baby, are you better?"

"I'm not sick, Z."

"Of course not. you only throw out every morning and feel sick when the food smells stronger about those two weeks ago. "

"Zacky, I'm not sick. You should know that. "

"Ok... I don't insist anymore. How's Annie? "

"Died... she can't stop crying. I mean, she has now stopped. she ended up falling asleep. Good thing her parents didn't watch aything about what happened today but they already arrived and they are packing their bags. "

"When will they return to Portugal?"

"Tomorrow. I don't know what we will do. Her parents will want to say goodbye to Brian and we didn't want them to know what happened... "
"We will find a solution, baby. But I called you because of another matter. Johnny and I are here with a problem... "

"What's up, Z?"

"We're home of Matt... He's drunk and keeps saying he wants to be with Annie and he is in love with her... he's really drunk, you know? But he is saying what he really feels. And I'm afraid of what might happen, Rita! "
Rita didn't say a word for a few moments. All I could hear was her heavy breathing.

"Rita... are you okay?"

"Yes, but... I felt a little dizzy and sick. But never mind... we have to help Matt... he has to meet new people because if he starts believing in this feeling, there will be big problems between him and Brian. "

"You're right. My God... This last year has been all ups and downs... I don't know what to do... it seems a kind of curse! First, we lost Jimmy. Then we knew you and it was one of the best things that happened to us in life. Then Val and Matt broke up. Then Michelle hires some guys to rape Annie. Now Matt fell in love with Annie, Annie broke up with Brian, Brian is up feeling like a piece of shit and Matt is drunk saying he wants to be with Annie. "

"Zacky... life is made of ups and downs. But I'm sure we'll solve it all together. I still hope that Matt look at Veronica with other eyes... she loves him. "

"I hope so, baby. I hope so. Well... I gotta go. Johnny is alone in the living room with Matt and he may be in need of me. I'll go there tonight, ok?"

"Sure. I love you, Z."

"I love you too much, my little girl."

I hung up the call and I was feeling much calmer. It's one of the reasons I love Rita so much. She has the power to calm me down in any situation but she has a power to worry me too. Something is not right with her but I did not dare to insist to her about it.
I decided to go back to the room. Johnny was sitting on a couch looking at Matt. Matt was asleep on another couch.

"What a relief, huh?"

"yeah, man. He got fed up of crying by calling Annie... "

"That situation, man. It's better to stay here, right?"

"Yes ... at least until he wakes up."

And so it was. Johnny and I got more time in Matt's home. It was already 2 pm and we decided to do lunch. And Matt did not wake up.

*** Brian's POV ***

The boys left me alone and I was alone with Pinkly. I went to my room and lay down on the bed. I never had felt so bad because of a woman. Because Annie was not just any woman. She had changed everything in my life. Everything! I was still the same but this time i had found the other half of me and in seconds, i lost it. No woman ever made me sigh with love, but Annie did. No woman ever made me believe in love, but Annie did. I never made love with any girl... but making love with Annie was to go to heaven and go back to the Earth. She made me want it not only in a physical way... it was much more than that. There is no day when I wake up wanting to know her better, want to know every detail about her, want to see her smiling, being seduced by her only with her eyes, touch that smooth skin and feel chills all over my body... I could not be without her because of a stupidity. Jealousy took hold of me and I could not control myself with the fear of losing her to Matt. That could not happen.
I couldn't help but tears were flow through my face. I miss her so much. I wish so much that she was here with me, kiss her, hug her and never let her go.
However, Pinkly jumped to the bed. She stood very still looking at me. It's normal! She never saw me like this. No one ever saw me like this. Not even myself.

"It’s true, Pinkly. I'm crying over a woman. I'm crying for Annie. I am crying for the woman of my life..." - I said, catching her. My words were coming out with the sound increasingly low, as the pain was greater. Pinkly understood how I was hurt and started licking my face. you may think I'm crazy but her support did me good. - "Pinkly. It's time to go visit Papa Gates!"

I got Pinkly and my car keys and went to the house of my father. He had called me to go visit them. Yes, I have to confess that Annie is constantly on my mind and I've forgotten to go visit my family.
I got into the car, put Pinkly in the back seat and started traveling.
I park the car, grab the keys to my dad's house and open the door. I go to the living room there was my little sister watching TV. The idea was to make her a surprise and go quietly but as I am a big clumsy, I tripped on the carpet and I fall on the floor. My sister looks back and saw me on the floor trying to get me up.

"Brian! I miss you so much!"

"Mac, stop hugging me and help me up!"

"Son! What are you doing down there? "

"He fell, Dad!"

"For more years you have, you still the same bumbling ever!"

"Mr. Haner speaking!"

"Very funny, son! So how are you?"

I was finally standing. And I hugged my sister and we went to the recording studio of my father.

"I am... right now I'm like shit!"

"What happened, Brian? It has something to do with this month's disappearance?"

"Mac, can you go till the living room with Pinkly? I have to talk to dad."

"It's always the same thing" - she said, crossing her arms and pouting.

"Sis, I promise I'll play with you later, okay?"

"Promise?"

"Yes, I promise!"

My sister left the studio and I was finally alone with my father. Now I could tell him everything from the beginning.

"So, son? What's up?"

"A long story... you know that Michelle and I broke up, right?"

"Yes, it was the best thing you've done!"

"I know, Dad! She was arrested! "

"What?"

I told him everything that had happened this past month. How I met Annie, what happened to her because of Michelle and also what had happened this morning. As I told each "chapter" to my father, he became increasingly amazed and shocked!

"My God, Brian! What happened to you? Do you have a photo of Annie there?

"Dad!"

"What? I wanna know my daughter-in law! If she left you so, so in love, crying in all corners of your house and even managed to get Matt fell in love with her... she must be a bomb!"

"Yes, she's a bomb, dad. But this is not the most important. The most important is who she really is! Here is a picture of her. Lots of them, actually! "- I gave my phone to my father where it had several pictures of me and Annie together. When I look at him, he was smiling like a fool, what made me take the phone from his hands!

“She's mine, dad. You have Suzy already!"

"I always knew that Portuguese women were beautiful, but Annie. She is really beautiful and hot! And she uses make up like you in the eyes!"

"Dad, she a woman! Ok... I'm not a woman but... Just for that, I won't know her..."- in saying that, I packed my phone and it occurred to me just another thing on my mind. - "No. You'll meet her but only because she will get back to me. And you have to know her!"

"I'm sure she'll come back to you, son. I think the biggest problem now is Matt."

"Don't talk about him!"

"Brian... never put a girl in front of you friends. They are with you from the beginning!"

"But she is not any girl, Dad... I want to marry her!"

"You what?"

"I want to marry her. And having children with her. Build a house and live together until we're growing old! "

"Brian... Are you crazy?"

"Yes, I'm crazy. I'm crazy about her, Dad! "

"And if it happens that the same happened to Michelle?"

"I never said I wanted to marry her and have children..."

"But you married her... and now look to this beautiful story you got yourself into."

"But Annie loves me as much as I love her!"

"If you are sure about it, you have my blessing."

"Thanks, Dad."

"But... you have to work things out with Matt... peacefully!"

Ok... I had no desire to work things out with Matt... Much less peacefully. But the truth is that... Matt and I have been friends since kids. I don't want to end my friendship of years with him. And... Jimmy would not be anything happy about it.

"Ok ... I'll talk to him. But you have to be present."

"No problem! Let's go his house tomorrow morning. Did you have lunch?"

"No, but I'm not hungry!"

"Your sister made a cake with Suzy. At least proves it! "

"Hmm... cake! Yes it can be!"

I confess that I had already missed the craziness of my father and my family environment. For a few moments I could relax a bit and not think about what had happened in the morning.
It was so good that I ended up staying there the rest of the day.

*** Annie's POV ***

I woke up in my bed, unaware of what had happened and where I was. I felt that my head was going to explode at any moment.
I started looking everywhere and I saw it was my room. Rita and Tay were on my desk doing something on my laptop. I was still very confused and I didn't even remember anything of what had happened. I felt my eyes looked very heavy and they weren't fully open, as if they were swollen.

"What happened?" - Tay and Rita found themselves suddenly and look at me, a little amazed.

"Finally! How are you feeling?"

"I have no idea, Tay. My head is about to explode, my eyes look like two potatoes and I have not a clue what happened. Like... I don't remember anything. What happened?"
Tay and Rita look at each other with a worried look.

"It must have been the shock... She was very nervous!"

"What shock, Rita?"

"Annie... you broke up with Brian because of Matt this morning. Don't you remember?"

"I do what?" - That moment I started to remember little things that had happened. - "Matt kissed me and Brian freak out, isn't it?"

"Exactly!" - Tay said.

"No way!" - I lay down again, covering my face with my hands. - "You know where he is?"

"No. He went out with Johnny and with Zacky. I can call to Zacky to know if he knows something."

"Please ..."

Rita got up to go get the phone and called to Zacky. However, Tay continued to talk to me.

"Annie... you feel something for Matt?"

"No, of course not. What the fuck of question is that?"

"I was just asking. What do you feel right now?"

"I miss Brian. I want him here with me! He left me this note this morning ... and look how we are now..."

Tay takes the note and starts to read it while smiling.

"'You're like a princess when you're sleeping." He's sweet when he wants to. "

"He's always like that, Tay. With me, he's always like that... I love him so much!"

However, Rita is approaching and I get up out of bed quickly.

"So? Zacky knows something about Brian? "

"No. He said that Brian was at his house and wanted to be alone and he had to go to his father's house later..."

"Well ... he never saw the family again since we started dating..."

"Annie... Zacky is at home of Matt and he'll call…" - Rita was interrupted by my phone. For a moment, my body trembled. I wanted was Brian calling me... I picked up the phone but... No. It was not Brian.

"It's Matt, Annie." - Said Rita. I looked at her and shrugged and showed a sad smile.

"Hi"

"Hi, Annie."

"I said I'll call you..."

"I know but... I already know what happened with Gates. How are you?" - He was talking very low, as if he was prevent anyone hear the conversation.

"I'm not great but I'll settle things with Brian, soon. And how are you?"

"Not very well. Annie, I called you... because ... I want to apologize. I should not have kissed you..." - he stopped talking for a few moments. - "It's very hard to resist you. You are special. And I... I think I'm in love with you..."

"No, Matt. You're not in love with me... you're confusing feelings of friendship with the feelings of love. I supported you and did everything that you wanted Val to do. You simply let these feelings grow up to defend yourself from the pain you feel. You know I love Brian and there will be nothing between you and me, right?"

"Yes, I know you love Brian. And he loves you very much too. Possibly more than you love him. Maybe you're right. But I really love you."

“You love me as a friend, Matt.”

“I don’t know, Annie. I have no idea…”

“Matt… I’m really confused with all this… I have to talk with Brian, My parents and my bother will go back to Portugal tomorrow… Tomorrow we’ll talk about all this, ok?”

“Sure. I have to rest a bit too, so… We’ll talk tomorrow! And… I’m sorry Annie.”

“Remember. I’m a big friend of yours, Matt. But… just that. Take care. See ya!”

“Thanks, Annie. See you tomorrow.” - I hung up the phone and looked at the girls. I felt so bad... I can't explain. It seemed that I had a lump in my throat that was choking me more and more.

"Annie... it's better go to help your parents with their bags." - Rita said, taking my hand.

"With the bags?"

"Your parents will go back to Portugal tomorrow."

"They know Brian and I..."

"No... They don't know anything, Annie!" - Tay said.

"They will want to say goodbye to Brian..."

"You only have one thing to do." - Tay smiles at me and takes my phone pointing it in my direction. -

"Call to Brian and asked him to come here."

"What? Are you crazy? I'm still not ready to talk to him..."

"Too soon, Tay. They need time..."

"Very well!" - Tay gets up from the bed and begins to stir in my phone.

"Tay, what are you doing?" - I knew very well what she was doing. I put on my knees on the bed so that I could start running after her to prevent her to do what she would do.

"I'll call Brian!" - She looked at me and began to raise her eyebrows repeatedly showing her saucy air.

I got out of bed and went running towards her, trying to take the phone from her hands. But Tay is very agile and I was defeated in this battle.

"Brian?" - She picks up the phone and activates the mode of "high voice" to all of us can be able to hear all the conversation.

"Annie, it's you?"

"No, Gates. It's Tay."

"What do you want?"

"Take it easy, man. I'm calling you because your girlfriend didn't have the courage to talk to you right now! Yes, you're girlfriend!"- I was sitting on the bed along with Rita, clinging to her, while showing that stupid smile I do when I think of Brian.

“You said: my girlfriend!”

“Yeah, Gates. Your girlfriend. Do you think Annie can be able to break up with you? She loves you even you were the worst person in this world.”

“Can I talk to her?” – I started saying no with my finger and the girls start laughing.

“Yeah… I guess. But let me say you something. Annie’s parents and her brother will go back to Portugal tomorrow and… Annie will go with them.”

“You’re so mean!” – Rita and I said to Tay just moving our lips.

“WHAT? She can’t go! She has to stay here… she’s my girl. If she’ll go, I’ll go with her!”

“Are you talking serious?” – The girls and I stopped when he said that.

“Of course, I’m talking serious. I love that girl. She’s my everything. I wanna marry her. She’s... she's the one.”

I couldn't help. Tears invaded my face with every word I heard. Rita hugged me, smiling. She knew how happy I was to hear what Brian was saying. Tay looked like she had frozen and was glued to the floor. She neither blinked.

“Tay? Are you there?”

“Yeah… yeah, I’m here. Wow, I’m… you really love her, huh?”

“I would give my life for her, Tay. I can give my life for her.”

“Jesus. Shut the fuck up!” – Tay almost cried with all Brian was saying. – “If I cry because all this shit, I’ll hate for the rest of our lives. But thank you… I’m talking serious… Thank you for loving Annie so much.”

“She’s all I ever wanted. How is she?”

“I’m looking at her right now and she wants to make love with you right now. So move your fat ass and come here. Quickly!” – She hung up the call and look at me.

“You hung up the call?” – I asked completely in shock. – I wanted to talk to him.”

“You will. In 10 minutes, he's here knocking at the door.”

“Good move, Tay!” – Rita got up from bed and approaches Tay giving her a kiss on the cheek.

"You're on her side, Rita?"

“Sure. I can’t miss this for nothing!”

“Now, Mrs. Haner, go to the bathroom, clean your beautiful face, put some make up and… prepare yourself for the fire of Brian Haner Jr.”

“Oh my God. I hate you… I hate you both!”