Status: For a contest

Trust Fund.

He changed everything

I was twenty years old and I had all the money I would ever need and probably a few other people would ever need. My father was the owner and creator of The Marsden Hotels. He started out opening up a hotel in Malibu, and thirty years later he has about thirty hotels worldwide. From birth I've had all the money I could ever need, and a trust fund with enough money in it to last me ten life times. The problem was with all money that was given to me there also came many restrictions. The the restriction that pissed me off the most was according to my parents they had to approve who I was to marry. That rule had alway irritated me, but it got to me even more when I started dating Jimmy.

I had been secretly dating Jimmy for a year before I told my parents we were together. I knew they wouldn't approve of him from the moment it met him. He was a skater boy who smoke cigarettes and weed. He also had too many tattoos to count. I think one reason I was drawn to him was because I knew my parents wouldn't approve of him. I swear every week my mom and dad would tell me about some clients son who would be great for me. I would always come up some reason on why I couldn't date them. The real reason was because I was in love.

I met Jimmy one day when when I went shopping in Huntington Beach Main Street with my friend Casey. I saw him skate past me going the opposite direction. I remember the concreted look he had on his face as he went passed me. We got to actually meet when I was walking out of an overly priced bikini store when we literally ran into each other. We both kept repeatedly saying we were sorry. After we stopped saying we were sorry Jimmy told me how he thought I was pretty and asked me for my number. I didn't think he would actually called me, but four days later he actually did.

My first date with Jimmy was fun, he took me to the Santa Monica pier. We went on all the rides and he won me a teddy bear. After five dates he asked me to be his girlfriend.

Whenever I spent time with Jimmy I would always drive down from LA and stay at Jimmy's house with him in Huntington Beach. We spent many nights just lying in his bed watching TV. I just enjoyed spending time with him, we could literally do nothing and it would make me happy.

What I love about Jimmy is he treats me like a normal person. He doesn't treat me like everyone else does, everyone treats me like I'm some spoiled rich kid. That hasn't had to work a day in there. To everyone one I'm Anastasia Marsden daughter to billionaires Dylan and Macy Marsden, but to Jimmy I'm just Anastasia.

I wish I could of just kept Jimmy hidden from my family forever, but I felt like I needed to tell my parents about him. I was nervous about asking Jimmy to meet my family, but he told me he would do anything to make me happy.

When my parents met Jimmy it was awkward to say the least. My parents acted like they were so much better then him and that he didn't deserve to be in their presents. When I walked Jimmy out to his car he told me that they knew he didn't like him. I told him I didn't care I liked him and that's all that mattered. I walked back into the kitchen where my parents informed me that I needed to break up him. I told him that was never gonna happen and that I love him, and they told me I couldn't be with him. I probably should of thought some more before I told them they could have their trust fund because I didn't need it. I guess you could say that I cut myself off from my family right there.

I left my house in a hurry and drove to Jimmy's house. When I got there I found him outside smoking a cigarette. "What are you doing here?" Jimmy asked.

"I gave it all away," I said sitting down next to him on the step.

"What do you mean?" he asked putting his cigarette out.

"I mean I told them they could have their trust fund and that all I need is you," I felt like the world had been lifted off my shoulders that all the sudden I could do anything I wanted.

"You gave up everything for me?" I could hear the guilt laced in his voice.

"Yeah, and I don't regret it I feel free," I said grabbing his hand softly and lacing my fingers with his.

"I love you Anastasia," he said before placing his lips on mine.

"I love you too."

"I promises you that I won't break your heart. You gave up everything for me and I want you to know I understands that's a big deal. I want you to know how much I love you." I could tell how much I really meant to him and it made me feel even better about picking him.

I learned that day that I didn't need that money, that all I need Jimmy. I also learned it's only after you've lost everything that you're free to do anything. I gave up everything five years ago, and three years ago I married Jimmy. I'm truly happy not having my family's money. I love Jimmy and that's all that matters.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope everyone likes this. I'm sorry if there's a lot of errors I don't have Microsoft word anymore and had to type this on my phone.