The Vampire's Moon

Chapter 12:Benjamin

The moment Michelle was out the door, Ricky turned to me.
"What are you doing?" he demanded. "She could kill us and you're inviting her into our home!"
I looked at him with a calm expression. "She could be a powerful ally. Besides, she doesn't know how to control her strength. If we can help her, maybe she'll help us when we need her. Or better, if we help her unleash her full power she could be powerful enough to overthrow the Emperor."
Ricky thought for a moment. "You think that could work?"
I shrugged. "I don't know, but it's worth a shot."
He nodded. "You're right. If she could be powerful enough to overthrow the Emperor, we should definitely help her in any way we can.
"I know, which is why she's staying with us."
Ricky walked to the kitchen and sat at the table. I followed him. "Where will she sleep?"
"In my room, I never use it anyway." I sat at the table with him.
Ricky raised his eyebrows. "You've never even let ME in your room. You're suddenly being very open with this girl."
I looked at the table. I didn't want to tell Ricky all the gorey details. He knew I liked her, and I did, but...this time it was different. It had happened before, but never this strongly. In the time we had known her- Had it really only been a few days?- I'd grown to like her very much, perhaps too much. She was different, plain and simple. Yet she was also the most interesting, strong, brave, and good-willed person I'd ever met. She didn't break down when her parents died, she moved on. She kept living. That is one thing I would admire in anyone, but for it to come from her, just makes her seem even better. She truly loved her parents, or she would have accepted what she was easier. The fact that she hated what she was because it was her kind that killed her parents just shows that she still feels the pain of it. Everything has it's after effects; this one's just seems more violent than most, and it makes the pain harder to bare. Her still being able to contain that pain shows just how strong she truly is, not physically, mentally.
"No," I said, not even giving Ricky a glimpse of what I was thinking through my voice, "I just think she would rather sleep in a bed than on the couch."
"What about when you have to sleep?" He crossed is arms over his chest.
"I'll sleep on the couch. I usually do anyway."
Ricky nodded, but I think he knew my true reasoning, because he smiled and gave me a 'look' while saying. "All right."
"Good."
We sat in silence for a minute, then we heard the front door slam.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ricky rocks, man. He's such a good friend. Ah, the power of friendship. *corny smile*