The Vampire's Moon

Chapter 14:Benjamin

I stared after Michelle, she really was fast. I wondered if she knew that I'd been trying to flirt when I'd brushed her hair back. She hadn't seemed to think so, but she had had an odd look on her face before she smiled and ruffled my hair. I shook my head, this was one girl I was never going to understand. I walked down the stairs to the living room and found Michelle and Ricky sitting on the couch, watching television. Ricky was flipping through channels, obviously not finding anything interesting on.
I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of blood. When I came back they were still there, searching for something interesting to watch in the various channels. I sat on Michelle's left so that she was inbetween Ricky and I. I sipped the blood, savoring the sweet flavor as it went down my throat.
"Is the Savanah Nicks special on tonight?" I asked.
"I don't know," said Ricky. He changed the channel, and sure enough, the Savanah Nicks special was about to start.
"Have you seen this?" I asked Michelle. "It's really good. Interesting, too."
She seemed amused by this, and smiled.
"I know more about it than you think," she said. "In fact, I know more about it than the people who made the special know about it."
I turned to her, and she had a look of sadness in her eyes now. "How?"
"I know Savanah Nicks; she's a personal friend of mine."
My brows furrowed. "What do you mean? You said your only friend was yourself."
"It is."
"Then how is Savanah Nicks a friend?" I glanced at Ricky, and a look of understanding crossed his face.
"I don't believe it," Ricky said. He looked down at her. "You're serious?"
She nodded.
"Wow." Ricky sat back against the couch. "How? What really happened?"
"What?!" I demanded.
Michelle looked up at me, smiling, but that shadow of pain was still in her eyes. "Are you really that dim witted?"
I nodded, as long as she told me what she meant, she could call me anything she wanted.
She sighed. "I'm Savanah Nicks."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a short one, but I did like the dim-witted comment.