The Vampire's Moon

Chapter 34:Benjamin

I watched as Michael twirled away with Michelle. I took a step to follow, but was cut off by Sylvia. I was surprised, I hadn't seen her all day.
"Benjamin!" she said. "What a surprise!"
"You're the one who told us to come," I reminded her.
"Right, well......." I didn't hear the rest. I pretended to listen as she prattled on about nonsense.
When she was finally done, I went to the last place I had seen Michelle. When I rounded the corner of one of the tents, I stopped short. Standing there were Michael and Michelle, kissing. She didn't appear to be struggling, and I could feel the pain on my face, a tight, clenching feeling in my stomach. Michelle was kissing him willingly.
I turned around and left. I didn't want to see this. I walked to the top of the bowl, and into the woods beyond. I sat by the first tree I came to. I was too upset to have fun right now. A million thoughts whirled in my head. How could she do this to me? Why would she? Didn't she say she loved me? Had she been lying? Why hadn't she been fighting back? Why?
I turned when I heard footsteps. Michelle was running toward me, eyes wide.
"Benjamin! Benjamin, please! Let me explain!" she said.
She sat beside me and reached for my hand. I pulled it away.
"Please, Benjamin. It isn't what you think!"
I turned on her, anger replacing the pain. "Not what I think! Oh, come on Michelle! That's one of the most frequently used cheating excuses when you get caught!"
"That's because it's true! He kissed me Benjamin!"
I snorted, a first for me. "Once again, heard it before. You didn't seem to mind. I didn't see you struggling."
"That's because I was shocked! I hadn't been expecting it!"
I shook my head as the anger ebbed away to leave the raw pain again. I wanted to believe her, so badly it hurt. But I had seen it with my own eyes, and she HADN'T BEEN STRUGGLING. "I don't believe you."
I stood and walked away. Michelle didn't follow.
♠ ♠ ♠
Noooo! Idiot Benjamin! Stupid Benjamin!