Status: Chapter titles are lyrics from the song "Anna Sun" by Walk the Moon. Give it a listen :)

Rave

I Was Up Against The Wall, On The West Mezzanine

The four of them, all tired and hung over, faced each other across the expanse of the compact square table. Silence enveloped around all of them. Makeup that had been left on throughout the eventful night was smudged and warped into a mess of colors, much like the faces behind it.

Harrison and Dorian sat side by side, Harrison appearing on edge and very vigilant. A single movement caused him to move away. Dorian was the same way. They both were too insecure to admit what had happened, if they could even recall the drunken stupor.

Heidi plucked a feather from the tangle of hair. Cringing, her whole body ached with a soreness that could only be from the hands that caught her. She didn’t feel a thing but absolute panic during the whole thing, so she truthfully did not know where the aches came from. Food in front of her remained untouched, for the tension was not a good side to the eggs and bacon.

Dorian picked at his breakfast, “So, you’re alright?” He questioned as he kept his eyes on the yellow material marbled with the stray hints of white.

“I’d guess so,” Heidi answered in a voice barely above a faint whisper.

Oliver reached under the table and twinned his nimble fingers around Heidi’s. Nearly as soon as she was about to open her mouth and tell Dorian of her decision, she was interrupted. “Look, Heidi, you’re a pretty girl and everything, but this just isn’t going to work,” Dorian dropped his fork and stared Heidi in her eyes, no shame in the manner or presentation.

Harrison smiled, cautiously almost; just because Dorian was breaking it off with Heidi it didn’t mean he’d automatically get involved in a relationship. “Thank you, Dorian,” Heidi smiled; trying to sound more enthused but too tired to do so effectively.

“Because I love him, and I’m not scared to anymore,” Dorian spoke, his dialect thick in internal frustration, as he pointed to Harrison.

Harrison looked as if he could die, happily. Heidi’s smile widened and giddiness filled her, only wondering how it felt for the two across the table. Finally, she shrieked within her head. Finally.

“Finally,” Harrison peered to the ceiling, mouthing a quick ‘thank you’ to whoever he was praying to up above.

“And I love him,” Heidi pointed to Oliver with her free hand, “and I’m going to be a person of strong character in control of my own life.”

Heidi was free, almost as free as the two beaming men on the other side of the table. Oliver kept his silence along with Harrison, both ecstatic for the new lives about to occur as soon as breakfast disbanded. “Well, you’re going to need some boxes,” Dorian winked, “and strong men to help you carry them out.”

“I’ve never been so happy to get kicked out, no offence,” Heidi chuckled. Dorian flipped a hand to signal it was fine. Nothing would ever seem farfetched to Heidi ever again.