Status: Chapter titles are lyrics from the song "Anna Sun" by Walk the Moon. Give it a listen :)

Rave

We Rattle This Town

Dorian heaved the final box into the back of Oliver’s car, Harrison adjacent to him as the trunk was slammed down until it clicked. The couple was inseparable, even though they were only officially together for four days. Sometimes, love is easy. “So you actually told your father you were leaving for Arizona?” Dorian advanced onto the sidewalk and took a seat next to the girl, too happy to do anything but smile.

“Yeah,” she nodded her head, staring down the blue hatchback riddled with the things that were unable to be shipped.

“Did it go over well?” Dorian cautiously asked, not wanting to bring up anything too threatening to Heidi’s undeniable joy.

“It could’ve been worse,” she grinned, trying to keep the morale up. Her father was actually too drunk to care and that was a good thing. She’d be gone, like she floated away in the wind, in similarity to what her mother did so long ago.

Dorian smiled as he patted her knee, knowing what a surprise waited for her. “Well, Oliver’s up on the roof,” Dorian pointed upwards as he lifted himself up and paced into the apartment lobby with Harrison in close tow.

Heidi still sat on the sidewalk, oblivious, and that made both of the males smile as they took the steps two at a time. “This is where life starts to get normal, right?” Harrison rhetorically queried, knowing the answer was already no.

Chuckling, Dorian passed at the top of the stairway and took Harrison’s hand playfully as he passed. “As normal as it can get without being boring,” Dorian pressed Harrison up against the wall, suggesting something else entirely.

Raising an eyebrow, Harrison threw his arms around Dorian’s neck, which elicited a response like no other, but perfect all the same. “No more running,” Harrison demanded, sticking a pinky finger between their nearly touching lips.

Dorian stepped back, breaking Harrison’s clutches, but the pinky still stood there in the purple dusk pouring through the windows. For mere seconds, Harrison thought that Dorian wouldn’t accept.

But love continued to prove Harrison wrong every time he challenged it.