Status: Chapter titles are lyrics from the song "Anna Sun" by Walk the Moon. Give it a listen :)

Rave

My Back's On The Fringes

“You know, I really like this tequila,” Harrison slurred, trying to discern his left and right. That’s what he liked to think he was doing, he was simply trying to stay in his seat at the moment.

“You know, I really like you,” Dorian answered, “like, you’re really sexy.”

Harrison blinked, how should he respond? Could he risk friendships for a very intoxicated Dorian? The answer was yes, it would always be yes, this was Harrison’s sole dream, Harrison’s destiny. “I feel the same way,” Harrison clutched the perspiring plastic of the cup, watching the woman fill his glass as she gave a low smile. She was acting very strangely, swaying a certain way around the male bartender who was quite pleased at the notions. As she finished pouring more of the amber liquid, Harrison turned back to Dorian.

Everything, the feeling, the music, the atmosphere, the way they both were ablaze with the jarring hues of neon, Harrison swore there was nothing better. His heart leapt, yet he managed to keep his breathing somewhat steady.

With their faces drawing closer, Harrison inhaled the scent of Dorian, something Harrison had done many times before in a casual environment, inconspicuously of course. The sensuality skewed the fresh scent of the detergent Harrison usually associated with his crush. Yet, Harrison didn’t complain.

Their lips pressed together. Harrison finally felt a step closer to personal completion, but emptier at the thought of what tomorrow would destroy.