Status: Chapter titles are lyrics from the song "Anna Sun" by Walk the Moon. Give it a listen :)

Rave

We Tore Up The Walls

“I really liked that move you did that one time,” Titania slurred, her vision becoming splotchy and inhibitions weakening. Whiskey sloshed around the rim of a Solo cup, a customer that was too drunk to care didn’t even move his phone when the potent elixir pooled around the expensive device. “When you put me on the counter,” she stumbled next to his warm body, holding him nearer and nearer with each fond memory. Standing on her tiptoes, she whispered in his ear, “When you bit my neck and fucked me silly.”

Oscar gave her a smirk, staring her up and down. Titania felt so warm, even warmer in his presence. There was obviously something she missed about him, mainly the eyes. Amber, golden, diamonds in the rough, whatever they were labeled as, Oscar’s eyes were valued treasures. It was the same color of her son’s and she was glad that was the sole thing Paulie inherited from his father.

Though she knew she had resented him deeply, she couldn’t figure out why at this very moment. All she wanted to do was have what she and Oscar once shared. Oscar did not seem too opposed to the gesture either.

“I remember, the neighbors called the cops to make sure you were okay,” Oscar retrieved a beer for a young woman wearing heartbreak on her face, but attempting to fake a good time for the sake of everyone else at the rave.

Titania staggered, swaying from either side. The world had become warm, her vision tinged with the effects of affection. She forgot why she hated Oscar with such severity. Whatever it was, she knew it was pointless.