Status: in progress

The Great Cat's Daughter

Chapter 1

Aurora silently stood beside her father Aslan in her golden Lioness form on a hill-top overlooking Narnia. She felt a sense of loss in her heart by just looking around her. Her gaze lingered on the faint outline of Cair Paravel, where the four thrones of the kings and queens were waiting for there true owners. She moved her gaze below the castle to the mouth of the Great River of Narnia she followed it with her eyes until it reached the far away eastern ocean. The river had started to become frozen a long time ago when the evil first came to Narnia, only a thin sheet of ice in the beginning easily broken by the slightest pressure. Now it was frozen solid as the evil grew in a matter of what felt like minutes. The ocean luckily did not freeze over so all the creatures that lived there were mostly unaffected. The evil had fought against the magic of Narnia for a very long time until the deep magic could no longer hold out and finally the evil won the long battle.

Aurora sighed and lifted her gaze to the night sky looking up at the constellations hoping for some sort of guidance. She had complete faith in the deep magic of Narnia and knew that there had to be a reason it did not fight back more fiercely. She had watched as the Witches magic spread across the land turning the never-ending spring of Narnia into a never-ending winter. There was still hope she knew, a prophecy of two sons of Adam and two daughters of Eve that would come to Narnia and defeat the White Witch. Aurora hoped she wouldn't have to wait a long time before she would see a flower blossom in Narnia again. Her father the great cat Aslan turned his head to look at her, no words were said. She knew it was time to leave until that time. However she couldn't help but feel a tugging in her gut that made her want to stay.

She turned to her father and stopped him. "I feel like I am meant to stay here."

"If that is what you feel than that is what you must do." He replied to her with a knowing smile.

"Do you know why I feel like this?" She asked him accusingly

He smiled at her again then spoke." There is another part of the prophecy I have kept from you."

"Will you tell it to me now?" She asked him eagerly.

"Yes, I believe it is the right time."

"Wrong will be right, When Aslan and Aurora come in sight, at the sound of their roars, Sorrows will be no more. When they bare their teeth, winter meets its death and when he shakes his mane, we shall have spring again. A protector will come forth, to protect all those on the throne. When Adams flesh and Adams bone. Sit at Cair Paravel in throne, The evil time will be over and done."

"A protector? Well who is it?" She asked as that was the part that jumped out at her most.

He just kept looking at her and she started to grow a impatient with him as as seen on her face. Then it dawned on her as she figured out why he was looking at her that way.

"Me? You think I'm the protector." She asked him.

"Yes." He answered simply

"Are you sure about that?" She said not believing him.

"Very." He answered her.

"I don't think I can do it." She told him truthfully.

"I know you can." He told her.

After he said that She felt my spirits lift. She could and would do it. She nuzzled against him in thanks.

"I love you, Father." She told him sadly knowing it would be sometime before she saw him again.

"I love you too, Aurora." He said nuzzling me back.

She stepped away from him." I promise I will make you proud."

"I know you will, although I am already proud of you." He said back with a cat grin.

She grinned back at him. "I'll miss you." She said sadly

"And I you." He said giving her another affectionate nudge then walking away into the trees.

She watched him go and then disappear as if he was never there. She walked in the opposite direction with tears falling out of her eyes. Then she changed into an Eagle and flew away to find a place to stay to hide from the false queen.