Status: in progress

The Great Cat's Daughter

Chapter 10

Father and I led the soldiers to the battle field. When we got there we let out two more loud roars that together I'm sure could be heard all across the battle field. Many of the soldiers battling below us stopped and stared. For a few moments no one seemed to dare move as the shock that we were still alive and not dead sunk in. The people i recognized from our side had looks of hope and joy plastered on their faces, The people who looked at us with fear and rage were the Witches army. One pair of onlookers caught my attention, it was Peter and the Witch. Peters face held hope and the witch had well placed fear just like her fellow soldiers. Soon everyone started to return to the battle.

I saw my father leap away from my side towards the dueling pair. I noticed the witches wand was broken, I silently thanked whomever or whatever was the cause of that. The Witch tripped Peter and pinned him to the ground with one of her swords through his chain mail. She stood over him about the deliver the death blow, when she looks up my father leaps at her, and pins her to the ground. He looked at her a moment before snapping his jaws at her throat ripping her head off. I turned away so as not to see the gruesome scene. I could feel it though as she died. The coldness of her magic I could always feel like a weight hanging upon my shoulders lifted though I could still feel it lingering there and a part of me knew we hadn't seen the last of the White Witch Jadis.

I soon joined into the battle fighting off the remaining members of the witch's army. I had just finished killing off a dwarf that sought to take the best of me when I felt the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and heard the sound of an animal as it leaped at me.

I quickly leaped from where I was and turned to face the attacker. It turned out to be a large grey wolf, one of magrums pack. We growled at each other, silently sizing each other up. We were almost the same in size. Though I was bigger than him, I was much more muscular and taller than him. Taller and muscular than I was before I had died. We both leaped at each other at the same time meeting in the middle I used my claws and my hind legs to rip at his belly. I could feel the blood drip from beneath as he tried to bite at my neck. I dug my claws in as I pushed with more force landing on top of him. He snapped at me and pushed me off. I was tired of this and ran at him with my claws at the ready. He ran forwards too. At the last moment I side stepped away from him as he ran past then turned and jumped on his back biting into his neck and killing him.

I looked up after I was done and jumped off the still warm corpse. I may have been fazed that I had killed someone but this was a battle and I learned long ago there is no room for mercy unless you know they would show you the same. I knew the wolf would not beg for mercy they had to much pride for that as did I.

I made my way over to the children who were huddling around someone. When I arrived I realized it was Edmund who they were huddled around. Lucy pulled out her cordial and placed one drop on Edmund's lips. The other children's eyes filled with tears when there was no immediate reaction. He stopped moving momentarily before gasping and sitting up. Peter pulled him into a hug and pressed his face into his shoulder, crying before letting go.

"When are you gonna learn to do as you're told?" Peter asks lightly.

They all laugh and embrace Edmund, who notices my father and me. The others turned and watched as Father breathed on a stone satyr, bringing him back to life. Beside him lay a wounded centaur. I changed back into human form wearing battle gear to make it easier to heal him. (Outfit in Profile) I moved my hand over to his forehead as a white light appeared and instantly healed all the wounds leaving no scars behind. I looked up and smiled at the children as the centaur coughed and opened his eyes. Lucy looked down at her cordial seeming to catch on to what we're doing and runs off with me to find others to heal.