Status: in progress

The Great Cat's Daughter

Chapter 11

After healing all the soldiers that could be saved and taking prisoner of the witch's forces that had surrendered we all came to Cair Paravel for the coronation. The Pevensie children and I each got our own rooms on the same floor; I would be living at the castle. As I was their protector it was my job to protect them at all times. I was in my room getting ready, inside there was a king sized bed with satin fabric weaved into an intricate design of patterns on the bedspread that turned from many shapes and forms that all seemed to piece together. A large wardrobe stood tall against a wall filled with all my clothing. On the opposite wall of my bed was a beautiful mural of what looked like all of Narnia though I knew you could never capture it all on a wall. I went to my wardrobe and pulled out the gown that was made for the coronation and laid it on the bed before doing my hair and make-up. When that was done I put the dress on with little trouble as I had practice doing these things on my own for some time now. I put the crown on my head that marked me as Aslan's daughter.

There was a knock at the door so I called for them to enter. It was a seamstress who I commissioned to make dresses for Susan and Lucy for the coronation. I thanked her for them as she excused herself. I placed them on my bed then left the room down the hall and knocked on Susan's door to present it to get her first and then I would grab Lucy and help them get ready together.

"Enter." She called.

I opened the door and walked inside her room. It was different from mine but same at the same time. She had a mural with horses grazing in a meadow, Susan turned from the wardrobe and saw it was me who was there and sighed in relief.

"Aurora. Wow you look beautiful! Do you think you could help me I have no idea what I'm doing?" She exclaimed making me laugh.

"Don't worry Susan I came here to offer my services." I said sarcastically bowing.

She laughed and nodded.

"Come on let's go get Lucy and see if she needs help and then I'll help you both get ready in my room." I said grabbing her arm and pulling her out of the room.

"Wait but what about the dress?" She asked turning to her wardrobe slightly.

"Don't worry I have it covered!" I said as we exited the room and went over to Lucy's chambers.

I knocked on her door and a moment later Lucy opened the door looking disheveled.

"Oh Aurora, Susan. Thank goodness. I need help. A faun came to see if she could help but I told her no because I thought I could do this. I can't." Lucy said pulling us into the room.

"It's alright Lu, come with us to Auroras room she said she would help us." Susan told her.

Lucy smiled at us gratefully as we went into my room. I turned around and looked at them." Okay close your eyes." I said to them and they complied. I opened my door and walked them over to my bed where the dresses were next to each other. "Okay open!" I said.

They opened their eyes and gasped at the dresses so I took that as a good sign.

"These are beautiful. There for us?" Lucy asked me.

I nodded and they eagerly went for the dresses that i gifted them with. I helped them put the dresses on properly and then did their hair and light make up. When they were ready it was almost time for the coronation so i put there capes around their shoulders and then nodded to myself.

"You both look beautiful." I said smiling at them.

They both turned around and looked at themselves in the full length mirror the smiles on their faces growing even bigger

"Thank you!" They both said turning around and pulling me into a hug.

"It as no problem my friends. Now we best be off." I said smiling at them

I led them into the hall where we met with Peter and Edmund. We all walked together to the coronation. I walked in between them, Peter and Edmund on my right and Susan and Lucy on my left.

We walked to the pedicle at the end of the aisle made by the Narnia's who lined the walls. I walked them to the stairs leading up to the thrones, We paused as they looked at their four thrones which each had a significant carving on it. Then they walked up the steps and they stood in front of their proper throne. I joined a few moments later beside my father who was waiting for us at the top.

"To the glistening Eastern Sea, I give you Queen Lucy the Valiant." I announced as Mr. Tumnus Approached in a nice green scarf and the Beavers bearing the crowns on red pillows. Mr. Tummies picked up Lucy's silver crown and put it gently on her head as she kneeled down slightly.

"To the great Western Wood, King Edmund the Just." Father says as Mr. Tummus puts his crown upon his head.

"To the radiant Southern Sun, Queen Susan, the Gentle." I announced as Mr. Tummus set Susan's crown upon her head.

"And to the clear Northern Sky, I give you King Peter, the Magnificent." Father announced as Peters crown was set upon his head. There were smiles all around us as father and I said the last lines of the coronation together. "Once a King or Queen of Narnia, always a King or Queen. May your wisdom grace us until the stars rain down from the heavens!"

"Long live King Peter! Long live King Edmund! Long live Queen Susan! Long live Queen Lucy!" Everyone cheered.

The celebration had begun and the party was in full swing when my father gestured with his head to go outside the castle. I exited the party when no one was looking and walked into the hallway where I quickly changed into lioness form to keep up with my father. I followed him down to the beach as the sun was setting. We walked away from the castle in silence, I knew what was coming and I was dreading it.

"You're leaving." I said as more of a statement than a question.

"Yes." He replied.

"I'm staying here." I told him just above a whisper.

"I know Aurora." He replied as we walked beside each other on the wet sand.

I expected him to beg me to come with him, as a father would if he was leaving for who knows how long. I knew in my heart I couldn't leave Narnia. I had a duty to protect the Pevensie children and all the kings and queens of Narnia. To tell the truth I've always felt the most at home here in Narnia than in any of the other worlds. I feel like here is my true home.

"How long will you be gone for?" I asked him

"Only time will tell." He replied, so that meant he had no clue either.

"I will see you again won't I?" I asked needing reassurance.

"Of course you will." He replied smiling at me softly." I also believe you need some time away from me to truly find yourself." He continued.

I looked at him confused I was pretty sure I knew who I was.

"You have learned from me your entire existence, I think it's time you learned on your own for a while. You learned much with your time here without me already. " He answered me silent question.

I sighed and nuzzled his head. "I will make you proud, I love you Father."

"You have made me more proud than I could have dreamed, I love you too." He replied.

"I'll miss you and shall think of you often." I told him slowing down.

"As will I." He replied smiling at me.

I smiled in return and turned to watch the sunset as he walked away from me. I looked up at the castle and could see the faint outline of Mr. Tummus and Lucy standing on a balcony watching us. I turned my head to look where my father was to see him gone and a wave drift over his paw prints making them disappear. I sighed and let a few tears fall from my face as I hung my head and let out a huge roar that held my sorrow and a hidden goodbye to my father.