Status: in progress

The Great Cat's Daughter

Chapter 12

It's been around 20 years since I last saw my father. The Pevensie children have grown into beautiful and handsome adults. I am still in the same body as I was when I first met them. I looked around 17 to be specific but I am almost 1400 years old now. We were riding on horses hunting the white stag, it was autumn now and we hadn't seen any snow since the defeat of the witch. A few years ago I found a foal in the forest while out on a hunt. I searched for the mother or an owner but no one claimed him so I trained him myself and named him Orion.

Edmund slows down as we continued to gallop off I pulled on the reins slightly and Orion slowed down and I waited for Edmund as the other Pevensie's came back around to see what was wrong.

"Are you all right, Philip?" Edmund asks concerned for his horse.

"I'm not as young as I once was." Philip replied wheezing a little.

"Come on, Ed." Susan says as she returns to us.

"Just catching my breath." Edmund answered.

"That's all we'll catch at this rate." Susan said laughing as Peter and Lucy came back.

"What did he say again, girls?" Lucy asked.

""You girls wait in the castle. I'll get the stag myself."" Susan says imitating Edmund.

We all laughed when Peter stops noticing something and gets off his horse.

"What's this?" He asks looking at a lamp post as we all dismount. "It seems familiar." Peter says as we look at the vine covered lamppost.

"As if from a dream." Susan says.

"Or a dream of a dream. Spare Oom." Lucy says running off.

"Lucy!" Peter yells going after her.

"Not again." Susan says as we follow them.

"Lu?" Peter calls.

"Come on!" She yells.

The Pevensie children all run after her with me bringing up the rear when I stop as I hear a voice in my head.

Aurora, Let them go. They are returning to their world now. You will need to wait a very long time for them, I love you.

I recognized the voice straight away as my Father, I stopped what I was doing and let them continue on as I waited there until night fall with the horses incase I was mistaken and they would come back. I eventually came to terms with the reality and I tied the other horses to my saddle and told Phillip what had happened as we walked back to the castle.

When we arrived I became assaulted with questions of where the Kings and Queens were. I explained what happened in the woods and I was further pestered on why I never went after them. I silenced them and told them of fathers words to me using his name Aslan and it seemed to calm everyone down. No rulers could be selected, The Kings and Queens had left us no heir and never gave instructions about what would happen if they were no longer their. I was offered the job but I politely declined as it was never my place to rule Narnia. Eventually a council that I became a part of formed with twelve of the wisest Narnia's. This government we formed did not work as well as the Kings and Queens had but it worked well enough that we got by.

It came to an end when the Telmarines invaded Narnia. We made an uneasy alliance with the people who were known to follow The Witch during the great battle. We overlooked the past to fight off the invading Telmarines. If we were to fall they would too, the battle dragged on for almost 20 years. In that time the Narnias built Aslan's how around the stone table as a form of sanctuary and protection. The place had become sacred to some of the Narnia people. I often went there to reminisce about the happier times and pray to my father for victory, I had a feeling we would lose the battle. I looked up at the stone carving just behind the archway that depicted the scene of my father and I coming back to life with the sun rising behind us. When I was down there I would stare at it for hours and could never explain why.

I led the Narnians against the Telmarine soldiers during the war. I was finally given a good reason to use my swords and arrows, they served me well for i never lost a battle against an opposing soldier. Others did not have the luck I did, during this war we lost many lives. We tried to hold them off but they kept pushing our forces back and dwindling our numbers. We reluctantly had to abandon Cair Paravel hoping the Telmarines would use it as their own castle. We were devestated when they set boulders flying through the sky at our beautiful home completely destroying a piece of Narnia, not even the witch had dared attack it. After that we still fought but had to admit we had lost the battle when we lost Cair paravel and retreated into the woods to hide from the Telmarines never to be heard from again until someone or something came and made peace in Narnia once again.