Status: in progress

The Great Cat's Daughter

Chapter 6

After Edmund returned last night my father decided to speak with him which they were doing now. I went over to the tent beside my fathers that was assigned to me to wait for them to finish their conversation. I changed back into human form and had a bath and changed my clothing before I went back outside. I saw them still speaking and had no reason or desire to intrude so I sat on the ground and star gazed for a while until the sun began to rise.

I heard a rustling noise and looked up as Peter emerged from his tent and noticed Oreius walking past him. He stopped and looked behind him to my father and Edmund who were still in deep conversation. Peter followed his gaze as Susan and Lucy came out of the their tent.

"Edmund!" Lucy yells trying to run towards him. Before she can Peter stops her. Edmund and My father both turn at the sound of her voice.

My father seems to finish the conversation and they both come down towards the others.

"What's done is done. There is no need to speak to Edmund about what is past. " Father says before sending me a wink and walking away.

"Hello." Edmund says timidly as Lucy and Susan hug him Edmund's face changes to look relieved.

"Are you all right?" Susan asks as she and Lucy step back from the hug.

"I'm a little tired." Edmund replies.

"Get some sleep." Peter says putting a hand on Edmund's shoulder before the sending him off before calling out, "And Edmund... ...try not to wander off." Edmund smiled in return and then left inside to a tent. I smiled at them and turned to leave to get some practice with my swords to be sure i was ready for the battle when Lucy's voice stopped me from walking any further.

"Aurora! Will you join us later for breakfast?"

"I'd love that." I say smiling and walking off

Later on after I had gotten used to the feel of my swords and hit a practice dummy a few times, I left the practice field to join the Pevensie children at breakfast. I found them all to be just getting seated around a low table. After exchanging hello's I moved over to sit between Lucy and Susan. Edmund had changed his clothing and looked to be well rested now although quite famished as he scarfed down hungrily on what looked to be toast with honey

"Narnia's not going to run out of toast, Ed." Lucy jokes getting a laugh out of each of us.

"Well, with the way he's eating it you never know." I joked earning another round of laughs.

"I'm sure they'll pack something up for the journey back." Peter says breaking the happy mood and making me confused.

"We're going home?" Susan asks him startling me. This was not supposed to happen all the children are needed if we were to defeat the witch and her followers.

"You are. I promised Mum I'd keep you three safe. But it doesn't mean I can't stay behind and help." Peter replied.

"But they need us. All four of us." Lucy said to him.

"Lucy, it's too dangerous. You almost drowned! Edmund was almost killed!" Peter reasons.

"Which is why we have to stay." Edmund speaks up making us all look at him. "I've seen what the White Witch can do. And I've helped her do it. And we can't

leave these people behind to suffer for it." Edmund says as Lucy grabs his hand. Peter nodded accepting the reality of the situation and then ate our breakfast in a comfortable silence.

"Well, I suppose that's it then." Susan says standing up.

"Where are you going?" Peter asks her.

Susan picks up her bow and quiver while replying. "To get in some practice."

I smile at her and grab my weapons to join her and try out my new bow I walk out the tent door but stop.

"Aren't you coming Lucy?" I call over my shoulder as she bolts up and follows me out the door as Susan and I laughed at her.

Susan, Lucy and I practiced shooting at the target. Susan fires an arrow which hits just off center. I fired one off with my new bow which is very different from my other one. This new one feels sturdier as it's thicker but it's not heavy and feels much better to use. My other one felt like I needed to force it to fire and this one seems to be connected with me in some way. I fire off an arrow still getting the feel and watch as it flies almost to the centre closer than Susan's was but just off. I look towards Lucy as she takes out her dagger and grins, she throws the dagger where it hits the bull's eye! Susan and I stare wide eyes at her for a few moments after she shrugs in return. Susan and I let go of our shock and walked over to a sword fighting Edmund and Peter as Mr. Beaver comes running toward us."Peter! Edmund! Aurora!" He yells as we all stop and look at him.

"Whoa, horsey! "Edmund says pulling up on the reins of his horse.

"My name is Philip." The horse replies annoyed.

"Oh. Sorry." Edmund stammers out.

"The Witch has demanded a meeting with Aslan. She's on her way here." Mr. Beaver explains.

A wave of fear assaults my emotions at the mention of her name. I pushed it down and out of my mind as it filled with determination. I put my bow and quiver on my back before using my magic and changing into my lioness form. A white light emits quickly though it feels like an eternity to me. My clothing and weapons shimmer before disappearing as I shed my human skin and grow fur landing on all fours and sprinting off to the camp to stand beside my father for when the witch arrives with the Pevensie children right behind me.