Status: in progress

The Great Cat's Daughter

Chapter 8

Later that night I couldn't sleep at all so I got up and walked outside to the hill top and looked over at cair paravel for a few minutes until I felt it was time to leave soon. I walked passed Lucy and Susan's tent where I met up with my father. I nudged him with my head in a loving gesture and he returned it.

"I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking. I should not have agreed so quickly."

"It is in the past now Aurora. There is nothing you can do to change it. Do not worry, everything will turn out alright." He replied as we continued walking through the forest to the table. After a couple of minutes it felt like we were being followed and I got more confirmation when twigs snapped under two sets of feet that darted behind trees. I realized who it was then, however I didn't say anything. I was happy with the extra company.

Eventually Father and I both shared a look and stop.

"Shouldn't you both be in bed?" Father says out into the night.

"We couldn't sleep." Lucy says as she comes out from behind a tree with Susan.

"Please, Aslan. Aurora. Couldn't we come with you?" Susan asks.

I looked at father who nodded his head and so I answered. "We would be glad of the company for a while. Thank you." The came and went to either side of us Lucy grabbed onto my neck and Susan grabbed on to Fathers mane while we walked on silently through the forest for a short while. We were only a few minutes' walk to the table now when we stopped because we couldn't let the witch know that Susan and Lucy were anywhere near here.

"It is time. From here, we must go on alone." Father says.

"But Aslan..." Susan starts.

"You have to trust us. For this must be done. Thank you, Susan. Thank you, Lucy." Father replies.

"Susan. Lucy. You have been the best of friends to me so I thank you and farewell." I say to them as I follow my father.

We walked up the pathway towards the table where the white witch was waiting. We quickly became surrounded by the witch's followers holding torches who jeer at us as we walked past them and up the steps towards the table. The Witch steps up onto the table wearing a gray dress. She holds two stone knives in front of her. Father and I see these and I can't help but feel even sadder knowing those are the knives that will kill us, we stopped just in front of the table.

"Behold. The great lion and lioness." She yells.

Someone pokes father with the sharp end of his ax before slamming it into him and knocking him to the floor, then doing the same to me.

"Do you want some milk?" The dwarf taunts.

"Bind them! "The witch yells and soon some of her followers come and tie our legs and muzzle us.

"Wait! Let him first be shaved." She yells pointing at father then the creatures roughly begin cutting off his mane while neither of us can do anything to stop this. Soon it is all gone and laying on the stone floor.

"Bring them to me." The witch yells as we are roughly dragged up the steps onto the Stone Table before the Witch's feet. We are put facing each other with are noses almost touching I look in my father's eyes and all I see is love in them which I try to return the best I can though I know mine is laced with fear. Then the witch kneels beside us before whispering in our ears.

"You know, Aslan, I'm a little disappointed in you. Did you honestly think by all this you could save the human traitor? You are giving me your life and saving no one. And dear Aurora your only daughter goes along with you." She says chuckling. "So much for love." She stands up and addresses the crowd. "Tonight... ...the Deep Magic will be appeased! But tomorrow, we will take Narnia forever!" Soon the music goes faster and I look behind my father's head into the bushes where I see Lucy peeking through. "In that knowledge, despair... "The witch yells as Lucy and mine eyes lock." ...and die!" The witch yells while I feel the knife plunge in mine and fathers hearts at the same time. My eyes go wide in shock and pain before slowly closing but not before I hear the witch call out one final time.

"The Great Cats... ...are dead!"

Soon everything disappears and I could no longer hear anything until black covers my entire field of vision and then nothing can be felt.