Status: in progress

The Great Cat's Daughter

Chapter 9

I opened my eyes and looked at my surroundings; everything was white except for me and my father who stood in front of me. I looked him over and noticed his mane was back and he looked even better than he did before if that was possible.

"Are you ready Aurora?" He asked me.

"Ready for what?" I replied confused as to what I was supposed to be ready for.

"Do you not remember all that I have told you about the stone table?" He asked.

I thought hard about it and almost gave up when I remember him telling me that when a willing victim who has committed no treachery is killed in a traitor's stead, the Stone Table will crack and even Death itself will turn backwards.

I smiled at him but then I remembered how he hadn't thought to tell me that I would come back to life. "Why didn't you remind me?" I asked as my smile turned into a frown.

"I had no time to tell you and I couldn't be sure the witch wasn't watching us or I would have told you." He replied. "Now let us go the sun is rising."

"Okay." I said nodding my head. I was still a little mad that he couldn't tell me but I guess I understood his reasons.

Suddenly in front of us there was a marble doorway that opened up towards us. As we stepped through and came out just as the sun rose behind us.

We came up through the archway and on the now cracked stone table to see Susan and Lucy with stunned looks on their faces.

"Aslan! Aurora! They yell as they run around the table and throw themselves at us. I laughed and smiled at them happy to see them again.

"But we saw the knifes. The Witch." Susan says leaning back to look at us with a confused stare.

"If the Witch knew the true meaning of sacrifice, she might have interpreted the Deep Magic differently." Father replied looking at me to explain.

"That when a willing victim who has committed no treachery is killed in a traitor's stead, the Stone Table will crack and even Death itself will turn backwards." I said smiling at him and then them.

"We sent the news that you were dead. Peter and Edmund will have gone to war." Susan says worrying.

"We have to help them." Lucy says as she draws her dagger.

"We will, dear one, but not alone. Climb on our backs. We have far to go and little time to get there." Father says as Susan gets on his back and Lucy climbs on mine. "And you might want to cover your ears." Father tells them as we let out powerful roars and then started to run to the witch's castle.

We galloped through the beautiful countryside at top speed.

"Where are we going?" Susan asked.

We don't answer but over the trees, the Witch's Castle comes into view.

"Hang on!" Father says as we run faster.

Inside the Witch's Castle we entered the courtyard we looked around for . Lucy spotted him and began to cry Susan kissed her head and hugged her as Father and I walked up to them. Father breathed on Mr. Tummus and the stone starts to chip away. Soon Mr. Tummus changes back, He falls forward into Lucy and Susan's arms. He looks up recognizing Lucy and smiles.

"Susan, this is..." Lucy introduces them.

"Mr. Tummus!" Susan says hugging him which he returns.

"Good to see you Mr. Tummus." I said smiling at him which he smiled in return from behind Susan's arms.

"Come, we must hurry and search the castle. Peter will need everyone we can find." Father says breathing on another person who soon comes to life.