Status: posting on mibba and fanfiction

Heron Blue

The Story

I was standing as if I was a ghost just standing there and watching in horror. I watched the car speed by with the spinosaurus close behind. I screamed and tried to get the spinosaurus's attention.

"PLEASE STOP! I'm over here! Come and get me leave them alone!" I screamed and screamed but it was too late the creature picked up the car and through it towards the anomaly sending it flying through to the other side. I started to run towards the anomaly where the car went through as the spinosaurus turned and headed the same way as I was going but being much bigger and faster it beat me inside the anomaly and just as I made it to the other side the anomaly closed. I heard a scream from inside the car as the spinosaurus growled at the car. I ran to the car to help the people out but it was too late the only one that was alive was the girl she looked to be no older than 16.

"Hold on I'm going to get you out just hold on a little longer I need to get this animal away," I told the girl as she nodded and shivered in fear. I picked up a stick next to the car and ran head on at the spinosaurus,

"Get away from her you big ugly monster!" I started to hit the creatures legs to try and get it to chase me and it worked. I dropped the stick and started to run away from it as it chased after me I just kept running and running until I got to the edge of a cliff and slowed down to a stop right along the edge. I stared at the abyss of trees and rocks at the bottom as I turned around the see the spinosaurus running at full speed not preparing to stop at all. It was as it everything became slow motion as I watched the creature stop on the edge of the cliff. I screamed out in anger. Why hadn't the creature fallen like all the other times, why hadn't it ran off the edge dying along with me, why hadn't I saved my life. As I fell to the water beneath me my body started to vanish in thin air like I was never there.

I shot up and screamed and then I doubled over in pain holding my stomach. Tears streamed down my face as a hand reached out and touched my shoulder.

"Edi, are you alright? You did you have a bad dream?" Abby looked at me as she gently placed me back down on the bed.

I lay down and survey the area around me; white walls, beeping sounds, wires, tubes, a chair, and a couch with a sleeping figure on it. "How long have I been in here Abby?"

"Three days. You lost a lot of blood. We're all happy you are ok," Abby said as she pressed the nurse's button.

"Is that Conner on the couch?" I asked looking at the sleeping figure.

"No, Conner is at the ARC. That is Becker he uh . . . he hasn't left the hospital since you were admitted. He hasn't eaten much either. He just sits in this chair holding your hand. He cried you know after they took you too the ER he let some tears slip and then punched a wall. He nearly broke his hand," she smiled as the nurses and an elderly doctor came in.

"Hello Ms. Sanders how are you this morning?" the doctor asked as he checked my heartbeat.

"I'm not sure sir I just woke up. All I know is that I'm in a lot of pain."

"Well Ms. You did just have a run in with Death," He smiled, "such a beautiful woman like yourself better watch out or you might not make it to my age. I'll tell you what, that boy over there he is a keeper," he pointed at Becker as her checked my wounds.

"But sir we aren't together," I looked at him as his smile got bigger.

"Well then young lady don't let that boy dance around you by himself, you need to stand up and dance with him," he started to remove the tubes from my body and turning off machines.

"I don't know sir. You see we aren't together we are just friends and colleagues."

"Well he obviously likes you, but the question is do you return his feelings or not?" he asked as he sat down next to Abby.

"I'm not exactly sure really I just . . . I mean . . . it's just really hard I guess with everything I mean he is handsome and nice I just don't know about a relationship yet," I looked at Becker who had rolled over in his sleep. He was so peaceful looking it just made me smile.

"I'm going to tell you a story. This story is told from the boy's point of view.

10th grade:
As I sat there in English class, I stared at the girl next to me. She was my so called "best friend". I stared at her long, silky hair, and wished she was mine. But she didn't notice me like that, and I knew it. After class, she walked up to me and asked me for the notes she had missed the day before and handed them to her. She said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I wanted to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

11th grade:
The phone rang. On the other end, it was her. She was in tears, mumbling on and on about how her love had broke her heart. She asked me to come over because she didn't want to be alone, so I did. As I sat next to her on the sofa, I stared at her soft eyes, wishing she was mine. After 2 hours, one Drew Barrymore movie, and three bags of chips, she decided to go to sleep. She looked at me, said "thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

Senior year:
The day before prom she walked to my locker. My date is sick" she said; he's not going to go well, I didn't have a date, and in 7th grade, we made a promise that if neither of us had dates, we would go together just as "best friends". So we did. Prom night, after everything was over, I was standing at her front door step. I stared at her as she smiled at me and stared at me with her crystal eyes. I want her to be mine, but she isn't think of me like that, and I know it. Then she said "I had the best time, thanks!" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why."

At this point Becker was awake and listening to every word the old man said smiling as he watched Edi listen to the story intently.

"Graduation Day:
A day passed, then a week, then a month. Before I could blink, it was graduation day. I watched as her perfect body floated like an angel up on stage to get her diploma. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn't notice me like that, and I knew it. Before everyone went home, she came to me in her smock and hat, and cried as I hugged her. Then she lifted her head from my shoulder and said, "You're my best friend, thanks" and gave me a kiss on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

A Few Years Later:
Now I sit in the pews of the church. That girl is getting married now. I watched her say "I do" and drive off to her new life, married to another man. I wanted her to be mine, but she didn't see me like that, and I knew it. But before she drove away, she came to me and said "you came!". She said "thanks" and kissed me on the cheek. I want to tell her, I want her to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love her but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why.

Funeral:
Years passed, I looked down at the coffin of a girl who used to be my "best friend". At the service, they read a diary entry she had wrote in her high school years. This is what it read: I stare at him wishing he was mine, but he doesn't notice me like that, and I know it. I want to tell him, I want him to know that I don't want to be just friends, I love him but I'm just too shy, and I don't know why. I wish he would tell me he loved me! `I wish I did too…` I thought to myself, and I cried.

The point of this story is to tell you not to hold back tell the people you love that you love them or they just might slip through your finger tips. Now I must get back to work or the nurses will get mad at me. You can check out whenever you are ready just take it easy the next couple of days," he winked at Becker as he walked out of the room smiling."

"Oh Becker you are awake," Abby said as Becker walked over to the bed.

"Yeah I woke up during the story. Why didn't you wake me up when she woke up?" He asked stretching and scratching his head.

"You needed to sleep Becker. Abby told me you've been here since I got admitted," I told him. Becker blushed, "Yeah I uh, I was worried about you and just wanted to make sure you were ok," he laughed lightly.

"Well I'm going to change and then check out of here. How am I getting home?" I asked as I pushed back the covers.

"Your bike is here, Becker rode it over while I had you in the truck. Becker could just ride with you back to your place since his is down the road from you and I have to get back to the ARC see you two later," Abby winked and ran out the door smiling.

"I'll leave so you can get dressed then we will go back to your place," Becker said as he walked out the door.

I quickly got dressed and left the room. As I walked out the door I saw Becker leaning up against a wall he looked so handsome standing there. I can't believe he was there for me but I can't get close to him well not to close I don't want to hurt him when I have to die.

"Hey ready to go Becker?" I asked him as he walked to me.

"Yeah I hate hospitals," he laughed as we walked to my bike.

"I didn't know you knew how to ride Becker."

"Yeah, it's a hobby I guess. Now let's get going so you can rest," He handed me the helmet as I slipped into place behind him wrapping my arms around his nice toned chest. "Oh god it felt so right to be pressed up against him. He was so toned and sexy I just want to get on top of his sweet naked body. Oh god, stop thinking like the Edi you are such a pervert," I thought to myself.

Once we arrived at my house we parked in the parking garage and walked up to my apartment. "You know Becker we were supposed to have dinner the other day and I wanted to know if I could cook um . . . lunch for us since it is 1:00pm?" I asked as I unlocked my door.

"Yeah that sounds great, but I don't want you to be up so much with your injuries so I'll help you," he smiled and followed me into the kitchen.

"Oh, a boy cooking hmm you better not burn anything Mr." I laughed setting my things on the counter.

"Oh I can cook I live on my own remember," he laughed.

"Well let's just see what you can do buddy," I said as I walked up to him standing on my tippy toes to get close to his face and poking him in the chest. As I was standing on my tippy toes I slipped and started to fall but Becker's strong arm grabbed me and pulled me up and close to his chest. I blushed and looked up at Becker.

"You need to be more careful Edi. I don't like seeing you hurt," Becker said as he brushed his fingers against my cheek. It was as if time had slowed down as Becker's face slowly got closer to mine. I couldn't help but look at his lips as they lightly pressed against mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Authors note – Thank you all for reading I'll try and post the next one up soon. Review please!