Sequel: Oh, Catastrophe
Status: 6/1/2013 Completed.

Immaculate Misconceptions

Act Ten: The Mark of God / iPhone From the Sky

Flashes of red were disrupting Chris' darkness... His head felt heavy and he couldn't tell where the red was coming from... It felt so good to just let the heaviness take over him. But as the flashes of red continued, he was starting to come to. He was becoming more aware and the more aware he became, the more he regretted opening his eyes.
"GET UP! WAKE UP! God is not done with you!"
Chris moaned as he opened his eyes and as everything was coming back to him he could no longer ignore the sharp stinging pain along his back. He yelped as the whip landed on old would, reopening them along with presenting him with new ones. He was fully aware now and his instinct was to clench his fists against the pain but he was only met with an even deeper pain that made him want to scream and curse. His head whipped around back and forth as he took in the conditions of his hands.
Those around him noticed his awareness and Blue Jeans held up a hand for the man to cease his whipping.
Chris groaned and let out continuous cries of pain as his new wounds throbbed and his hands... he couldn't even describe the feeling.

As Chris' body had went into shock he had passed out. He wasn't out for long though since Blue Jeans got impatient and ordered for Chris to be awaken for the final step of today's treatment.
The mark of God.

Blue Jeans approached the wailing Chris with aggression and yanked his head back by his hair. Chris' growled in pain and clenched his teeth as he stared right at Blue Jeans. His body quivered and Blue Jeans simply spat at him causing him to sneer in disgust.
Blue jeans pulled his head back farther and his free hand lashed out to grab the rod that has sat in the fire for so long, "Lord! May your eyes rest upon Christopher Cerulli on this day! May your wisdom shine upon him! May you flow through his veins! For today, he will bare Your mark in Your honor! Guide my hand steady! I do this for You!"
Chris didn't even have time to think when the hot metal was pushed against the skin of his exposed neck, right at his throat. He jerked away but Blue Jean's grip was firm and the metal hissed against his skin.
The smell was horrid and made Chris' eyes water as his scream of pain only came out as a rasp.

The brand was the size of an iPod and covered most of his throat. The skin blackened and burned. Chris was sure it would blister. He so badly wanted to claw at his neck.
He gasped as the metal pulled away and the grip of his hair was released. He let himself limp, whimpering and quivering. It still felt like the metal was still on him... Burning him.

"Let this mark the beginning of the end of this blasphemy," Blue Jeans spoke with authority within his quiet whisper. All men present bowed their heads, "In his name we pray,"
"Amen."

~~

The 20 year old was bored with his non-active life and he felt like he's exhausted every possible past-time that involved technology. He groaned, flopping on his bed and pouting at the ceiling.
These are the moments he actually considered going back to school.
"Don't you do it Caleb, don't you guilt trip yourself into being shoved into a shitty office and typing your life away." He scolded himself and made the decision to work on some sketches for the skateboard designs he's been working on. Something clattered to the floor causing him to groan, 'As if my apartment isn't a disaster already' he thought to himself.

He hauled himself up, putting the sketch pad aside and rolling to peer over the edge of the bed. He let his hand fish around for the fallen object and hissed when glass sliced his skin.
"Well fuck me," He murmured, sucking on his cut index finger before using his other hand to carefully pick up the object. Oh... It's that iPhone that fell out of the sky. Past time he has found.
With new found curiosity, he cleared off his desk and took out a few tools before sitting in front of the iPhone with his hands on either side of it,
"Let's get this baby open!" He rubbed his hands together before working carefully, holding the device with a towel as he undid screws and removed the broken glass.
He was surprised that a lot of the parts on the inside were able to be saved. Maybe he'll use it to build something fun or just sell the parts on Ebay.

His curiosity got the best of him as he took a tweezer to pry out the tiny sim card. He studied it in the light, "Maybe it still works? How cool would it be if this was some spy phone with a shit load of secrets," he chuckled to himself. Yeah, that was impossible but it'd be cool to see what was stored on the card.
Using his feet, he pushed himself with enough force to send his swivel chair gliding across the room, bumping into the wall as it stopped by the nightstand next to his bed.
He grabbed his own iPhone and repeated the action, knocking into the desk rather forcefully which sent a couple of screws on the floor.

He regrets nothing.

He whistled with some excitement as he removed his own sim card to replace it with the mystery sim card.
He bobbed his head to a random tune that played in his head as he drummed his fingers against his desk. His iPhone was processing the information as it turned on. He found himself bored again... His phone seemed so slow. He rocked his chair back and forth murmuring lyrics to a Alesana before snatching the loaded phone.

First things first, let's peep these contacts.
He twisted his mouth at some of the names. One read "Horror," another said "Ghost," there was Kuza, Manager, Tour Manager 1, Claire, Lisa, Angelo, Ryan, Steven, Samantha, Carlile, Michael, Allie, Balz, Telle, Mom, Dad, Gma/Gpa, even mother fucking Dominos CA.

The phone vibrated for literally 3 minutes straight. All due to missed calls and text messages.
"Jesus Christ, this person's popular." Caleb furrowed his brow as he dismissed the missed calls and voice mails and just scrolled through the texts. A lot were asking where, who he'd now know is Chris, is. There were a shit load of twitter texts all displaying mentions of people thanking the dude for a great show under the band name "Motionless in White."
Caleb shook his head, yawning. Who the hell is Motionless in White?
He glanced at the time... Way too late to be playing the investigator. With that, he put down the phone and prepared for bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Attempt 2 to upload this short and somewhat shitty chapter because my internet is SHIT.
Sorry about the shortness of the chapter. It's a somewhat filler but also since the series is coming to an end, chapters may be as short as this. Maybe even shorter, I'm not too sure yet.

And now for dem comment thank yous!
Thanks to:
skittleslovesyou
Fade away i am Jade
creature666miw
SugarxSkullxDaxe
and Lindseyyy789

Thank you all for helping me reach my comment goal :) Your comments really made me smile. Thanks for reading!

New goal? New goal. Alright so, as for my "hurry up and write" motivation how does 7 comments sound? Not too hard :]
Thanks for reading!! Subscribe, Comment, Recommend, Spread the word! Thank you, much love!