Sequel: Oh, Catastrophe
Status: 6/1/2013 Completed.

Immaculate Misconceptions

Act Thirteen: Answers from an Innocent Man

Caleb twiddled his thumbs nervously and he couldn't stop his knee from bouncing erratically under the steel table. He's been sitting here for hours and NO ONE was coming to talk to him. He felt scared out of his wits. Wasn't he allowed a phone call or something? They kept him in a cell over night and no one was telling him anything!
"You've really done it now haven't you Caleb? Fucking demon phone from hell. How much worse is it gonna get from here?" He grumbled to himself.
He nearly jumped a foot into the air when the door opened with some force and slammed shut. 2 male officers adorning some kind of scraggly facial hair sat themselves calmly across from Caleb. Both of em had coffee in their hands and took their time getting comfortable.
"My name is Officer Kirk and this is my partner Officer Harrison." The one who adorned a beard stated plainly.
"Can we get you anything to drink son?" Harrison asked.
Caleb cringed at how much he felt like he was in an episode of Law and Order but shook his head.
The men sighed and lent back in their seats, "Suit yourself."

He was utterly confused at the fact the officers just sat there, lounging. I mean, weren't they suppose to question him or something? Or were they purposely trying to make him uncomfortable-
"Do you know why you're here son?"
He swallowed and shifted in the uncomfortable chair, "Because I-I'm being accused of kidnapping someone?" It was more of a question than a straight out answer.
Kirk stood and lent against the wall on the far end of the room while Harrison lent over the table to speak, "What is your connection with Christopher Cerulli?"
"I swear to God, I don't know who that is."
Kirk spoke loudly from where he stood, "Then perhaps you know him by his stage name; Chris Motionless?"
Caleb shook his head, "No! No I swear I didn't know who he was until I was looking through his sim."
"Then how did you obtain his cell phone Mr. Mitchell? It didn't just fall out of the sky did it?" Harrison pressed.
Caleb laughed sheepishly, "About that... I found the cell phone when it.. well... Fell out of the sky and hit my car." He squeaked.
The two officers looked at each other.

"You think this is a joke?" Kirk was back at the table in a flash and leaning over it with a furious expression, "You think this is funny boy?!"
"No Sir! Not at all! But I'm serious! I was driving and something hit my car so I got out and there it was!" Caleb cringed, feeling like at any moment the cop was gonna punch him square in the face.
Harrison pinched the bridge of his nose in frustration, "Lemme get this straight. You're saying that this cell phone MAGICALLY fell from the sky and hit your car?"
Caleb gulped under their hard stares and nodded.
The next half hour would consist of him telling them where he was, who he was with, which route he was driving, where he was coming from, where he was going, and how long he had the phone. They spent another 20 minutes making him write out an official statement which made him feel like he was back at school writing an essay.

Two officers were assigned to walk him out of the room. He was relieved that they were allowing him his phone call but that relief was replaced by pure fear,
"IS THAT THE SON OF A BITCH?!" There was a crowd of guys all dressed in black, arms covered in tattoos and traces of black make up on their faces. They all had long hair, one even had gauges, and another had the sides of his head shaved.
And one of them was heading towards him rather quickly...

Ryan's nostril's flared as he felt the anger coarse threw him seeing some young kid being escorted out of a room. They had flown here as fast as they could and were told that the suspect was being questioned.
The boys ran to keep up with Ryan who already had his fist pulled back and punched the kid square in the face. Gasps filled the room as the kid's lip busted open,
"Where the FUCK is Chris you bastard!" Ryan tackled the poor boy and was pounding his face.
"Ryan! Stop!" Ricky grabbed for his arms but he was moving too much. Officers filed in, their boots stomping on the ground.
It was fifteen minutes before they had Ryan in cuffs and chained to a metal bench where he sat with a scowl on his face. The boy was dragged away, staggering, for medical attention.

"You need to learn how to control your anger! We have too much shit on our hands just for you to add more!" Angelo threw his hands up angrily, pacing in front of Ryan. "I mean, what the fuck were you thinking? Beating the shit out of some random dude isn't going to solve shit! What if he presses charges? HELL! What if you took a swing at a cop! You fucking fuck tard!"
Kuza, Ricky, Josh, and Devin stood off to the side awkwardly feeling like children watching their younger brother get scolded.
"I mean, it wasn't that big of a deal... Everything kinda calmed down once the cops got involved." Ricky scratched the back of his head as he tried his best to get Angelo to lay off his band mate.
"And you act like the cops getting involved is a good thing," Angelo gave him a look, "One of our band mates is possible DEAD somewhere out there. We don't need to lose another one for being a FUCKING IDIOT!" He directed the insult towards Ryan.
"Dude, you're so lucky I'm cuffed to a chair right now. I don't need to be talked to like I'm a fucking child." Ryan spat, his face feeling a bit swollen from where a cop smacked him.
"Oh yeah? Well maybe I wouldn't have to talk to you like you're a fucking child if you didn't fucking act like one!"
"Ang-"
"WHAT?!" He spun around to face a sheepish Josh.
"I think Chris' mom is here..." He whispered.

Angelo felt himself cool and turned to see a short chubby women shuffling about the precinct. Her hair was a mess and her face was swollen from crying for days. She wore glasses and dabbed at her eyes underneath them with a tissue. They've seen the women before and they were sure it was her although it was hard to tell because she looked like an utter mess.
"Oh boy..." Devin muttered, rubbing his neck as they watched Chris' mom cry into an officer's arms.
The officer led her over to them and when she finally looked up, she sniffled and inspected each of their face. They nearly jumped as she threw herself at them, "Oh! My baby boys!" She engulfed them with hugs and showered them with kisses. When she reached Ryan she looked at him skeptically, "Ryan Sitkowski! What have you gotten yourself into?!"
He shrugged innocently and twisted his mouth, "Trouble."
She shook her head disapprovingly at him before turning back to the boys. Her eyes focused on Kuza, "Michael? I didn't expect to see you here."
Kuza rubbed his arms awkwardly. He's only met Chris' mom twice before and they never really spoke much, "Hello Mrs. Cerulli..."
"He's been covering for Chris." Angelo stated rather awkwardly.
Her eyes glazed over slightly as she stared at Kuza, "I can see why... He... He looks... He looks just like him!" The boys stood awkwardly as Chris' mom burst into tears again, holding her face in her hands and sobbing loudly. "Oh! My baby! Who would take my baby!" She wailed.

A detective dressed in a pressed suit approached the group carefully, "Ma'am? If you all could just come with me, I would like to explain what our next step will be in finding your son..." He placed a kind hand on her heaving shoulder.
She dabbed at her face frantically and nodded.
They were led to a private office that had poor lighting no thanks to all the wooden furniture. The group occupied whatever chairs they could as they waited for the detective to speak and for Ryan to be escorted to join them.

He dabbed his brow with a handkerchief before speaking, "We have come to believe that Mr. Caleb Barker is not responsible for the kidnapping of your son. His apartment turned up clean, his record checks up and his alibi's all cut out."
Chris' mom blinked a few times, "So... We've hit a dead end?" He voice sounded pained and made the boys' hearts sink.
"Not quite."
The room seemed to light up.
"Mr. Mitchell has provided us with some valuable information. Chris' phone was found just off this highway here," He pointed at a long line on a map.
"What does this mean? For us I mean..." Chris' mom studied the map.
The detective cleared his throat, "We don't know where it'll lead us but we're planning on doing a grid search around this area. If anything turns up, we'll take it from there."
"Can we help?" The whole room turned to focus on Kuza who sunk in his seat upon their stares.
The detective grunted, "We're not sure what's out there son... What we find may not be pretty."
Chris' mom visibly cringed.
"We don't care. We'll do whatever it takes." Angelo clarified.

The detective nodded before turning his attention back to Chris' mom, "Ma'am. I can assure you we will do as much as we can to find out what happened to your son and I swear, We Will Find Your Son."
♠ ♠ ♠
Wrote this today. The next chapter is going to be something DIFFERENT but I know it'll make you all say "Whoa." Or at least I hope so... It might take me a few days to write it because it really requires me to go into some deep thinking. But when I do post it, I hope you enjoy it.
Again, we're getting closer and closer to the end people :) I'm still so surprised by how much feedback this random story got and it's not even a little love story. haha.

Thank you to the commenters:
creature666miw
foREVer-a-creature
taylormotionless
Confettifun
& Fade away i am Jade

Please please comment with your thoughts c: I really do enjoy the feedback. Spread the word, subscribe, recommend, and as always THANK YOU.