Sequel: Oh, Catastrophe
Status: 6/1/2013 Completed.

Immaculate Misconceptions

Epilogue + Author's Note

Chris took his time shimming into his tight black skinny jeans in preparation for the end of their Infamous tour. He knew his friends were watching him get dressed... They always did.
They didn’t mean to really... It was just hard not to. Rather out of pure curiosity or amazement. But none of them could erase the memories of what Chris looked like during his recovery... Even now the tattoos and thousands upon thousands of dollars of reconstructive surgery, skin graphs, and even some laser plastic surgery could not hide all his scars.

So what happened?

If you’re asking... Yes, Chris did die but was resuscitated successfully. This did not mean he would live though... the damage was done. But no one was willing to give up. Chris slipped into an artificial coma while doctors worked on his much deadlier internal wounds. Life support kept his heart pumping and by some miracle his brain was still active.

After 2 CDs, several EPs, 2 years at Warped Tour, thousands of dollars in medical treatments, all sorts of rehabilitation therapy, pins, needles, implants, and years of psychiatric therapy; Motionless in White gathers together for the closing of their Infamous Tour.

In the early years, Chris found that body paint was the best way to hide all his imperfections until enough money was raised to hide the atrocity that became of his skin. Although the treatments and surgeries weren’t perfect, Tattoos proved to be his best friend with hiding any unwanted scars. There wasn’t much he could do about the branding on his neck though... A part of him didn’t even mind and a new neck piece was sufficient enough to hide the mark from anyone who wasn’t going to intently study the vocalist’s neck.
His rehabilitation was a blur but all he truly remembers is the conversation with his grandfather he had while under. They were the best he’s ever had and often times, inspired him.
He’ll never forget what happened to him though... Or of the people he’s met.
At least not everything gained from the experience was negative.
City Lights was recorded for the band’s album Creatures and yet only Chris knows the secret meaning behind it.
Troy and Cassie. Faces that still tended to haunt his nightmares no matter how many therapy sessions he went through. There bodies were recovered no far from where Chris was. Chris was still under so he wasn’t able to attend the funeral but whenever they’re in the area, he makes the effort to pay his respects alone.
His whole ordeal would prove to be the fire that lit the fuse for the album Creatures and the inspiration for their hit song Immaculate Misconceptions who’s music video did little to secretly depict exactly what Chris had to go through. The making of it was hard, often bringing Chris to tears from flashbacks but he knew that if he was ever going to move on, he had to pull through.

“Sound check in 30 minutes guys.” Their roadie banged a fist against their bus.
Josh would clasp a hand on Angelo’s shoulder, causing him to jump. “You ready?”
Angelo grinned, “Ready as I’ll ever be.”
“We’re gonna miss you buddy.” Ricky chimed in, bumping fists with the drummer.
Angelo chuckled before making eye contact with Chris, pulling his shirt over his head from the bunks. They smiled softly at each other, not saying a word but simply nodding their head.

Chris was not the only one who had to go through therapy. All members went through some kind of session but Angelo’s continued for almost as long as Chris’ and because of that, they created an invisible bond.
But this would be Angelo’s last show.
Angelo was the shield to all the sadness he tried to prevent Motionless in White from having while they continued their tour without Chris so many years ago. He was so busy being concerned for everybody else that he forgot about himself... And now the suppressed emotions were taking a toll on him along with the slight trauma of shooting someone. It was a mutual decision he should leave since the tour life did little to improve his condition. If he ever wanted to get better he had to leave. He’d miss his friends but they all knew they wouldn’t be too far from each other.

Ricky, Devin, Josh, and Ryan went through similar therapy sessions. Ryan takes anger management while Ricky and Josh had had successful treatments and have learned to remain calm and think of the better times and the futures that await them. Devin has kept to himself which was understandable and respectable. To try and ease some left over tension, Chris tried his best to joke around with all of them and show them that he wasn’t broken. He stayed brave for them.

Mike Kuza made the experience his own as well. After working a couple more years as a roadie and working merch booths for his friends Vampires Everywhere! Michael Vampire helped him write his own music all inspired by past emotions and built up rage. He was never one for the therapy but music spoke to him. Even now he’s bubbling with thoughts after From Hell and Hate was released. He’s looking for members, some people he could call his friends and start his own experiences with on the road.

“10 minutes guys. Let’s go!” The banging interrupted the bands conversations again.
Chris put down his pen and closed the notebook he was writing in. He glanced at himself in the mirror one last time and smiled to himself. You would’ve never thought that he would’ve been tortured for over a week, crucified, and almost killed. He brushed his fingertips against his forehead, feeling the small but unnoticeable indentations that the “crown” left him.
“Come on Chris!’
“Coming!” He grabbed his jacket and followed the boys off the bus, Angelo clasped his shoulder and gave him a knowing smile.
“Motionless! Motionless! Motionless!” Hundreds of kids screamed from where they stood on a long line outside of the venue. Another sold out show that put the biggest smile on Chris face as he waved at fans enthusiastically while they rushed inside to get out of the cold.
“We should buy them hot chocolate or something.” Josh inquired, rubbing his hands together as they bustled about the venue.
“You think our manager would let us?” Ryan smiled slightly, thinking about how nice the gesture would be.
“Wouldn’t hurt to ask.” Josh shrugged already looking for the older man.

The light heartedness of the room caused all the boys to forget their earlier thoughts. Pictures with VIP fans put huge smiles on their faces and made them swell with pride whenever one would be brought to tears about how much of an inspiration they were to them or how much they had effected their lives.
If only they knew how much they effected Chris’.

“You guys are on in five!”
The boys were jogging around in place with enthusiasm as they scurried up the narrow steps that led to the stage.
“You ready for this?” Chris smiled at Angelo.
“You already know man.” The pulled each other into a tight hug, each member taking their turn to do the same.
“On the count of three,” Ryan began, placing his hand in the middle of the group.
The boys followed the gesture and together they chanted, “One, two, Three, MOTIONLESS IN WHITE!”

~*~

Dear Reader,

I got you there didn’t I? Haha.
Cheesy way to end the story though but hey, it’s a bro moment.

It’s been an interesting read hasn’t it? Ha. I never thought such a story would gain the interest of so many people but I’m really glad you gave it a chance. It was something new for me to write but neither less I enjoyed writing it because it brought me so many mixed emotions and made me think about so many things. This story really could’ve been written about any band, any band member. Because truthfully, it was suppose to bring you all these strong emotions. Some of you have cried and through that sadness you came to really appreciate that this person is still alive and that this story is Fictional. There are so many bands that have impacted our lives yet I see people always taking them for granted or not respected their personal space.
Thanks to Immaculate Misconception’s music video and a somewhat downish mood, the idea to this story came to me out of a simple thought: “What if this Actually happened? What if he was actually kidnapped and is just simply recalling his ordeals through some songs that are telling us that We are the reasons why he kept going.”
It was a weird thought but it made for a good plot. But, I never thought that it would go beyond a “One Shot" and become so much more than making you guys read about one of your favorite vocalists being completely broken to the point he was almost lost for good. Imagine? If he was really gone? All the lives he saved just POOF. Gone.
Look at the impact Mitch Lucker’s death had on so many. How many fans still cry. I’m not a fan of Suicide Silence, I never really was but I never hated them or sent them hate mail. I never laughed at fans who cried because HEY, Just because I don’t like it doesn’t mean that this music didn’t save someone’s life and for that I will proudly wear a Mitch Lucker memorial t-shirt despite not liking the music.
What does that have to do with this story?
Well like I said earlier, so many people take these artists for granted. We assume and we insult. We leave no room for growing up. We see a pretty face and are like “Oh! Hot guy=good band!” And when that band changes in the slightest (even something as minor as a haircut) it becomes “You’re shit.” “They’ve changed so much omg sell outs!" But, I thought you were a fan?
Black Veil Brides for example. Someone who went through so much shit expresses it through their music and by their looks, gained a shit load of fans. Then they grew up, changed their looks slightly and wrote about so much more than just being broken and healing and suddenly “They changed so much. Oh my god they’re sell outs cause they don’t wear war paint anymore.” Weren’t you just saying they taught you to be who you are?
Ronnie Radke. Hated, misunderstood, and ridiculed for his life decisions. Yes, he went to jail. Yes, he did drugs. And yes, he kicked i See Stars off a tour for reasons NONE of us can say we 100% know. His past makes him a “horrible person.” But don’t people make mistakes? Don’t people get better? People were outraged that he stopped his tours for his CHILD he’s bringing into the world and some people hate him so much they even dared to say he fired the whole band and some people actual believed it because of all these rumors and assumptions flying around. Then when AP releases their exclusive everyone’s like “oh.” Ronnie raps now so people hate him. But when he was in Escape the Fate wasn’t he saving your life? What makes now any different? His name’s still Ronnie Radke. He was still in Escape the Fate. He still wrote the words that helped you/saved you. And he’s still human. He admits mistakes and he acknowledges his wrongs no matter how long it takes him: Like a regular mature human being.
Austin Carlile. I’m a new fan but this whole “got arrested” thing, SO many people were outraged without seeing the whole story. Some people even “lost complete and total respect.” But for what? People get angry. People do things when they’re angry. Why? Because they are Human.

Fans like to have some kind of control. We like to have a say in things but a part of us begins to forget that these people are only Human. They do the same things we do, they are made out of the same parts we are, and they are just another one of us. They have feelings, they make mistakes, they can be complete assholes but who are we to say they can’t be? That’s like me telling you “Hey! You’re having a bad day? Too bad, you have an image to maintain now go love everyone.”
We harass girlfriends and boyfriends. We demand updates and explanations. We even get angry at change. We get angry when they act Human. Because we have always seen them as “rockstars,” “our idols,” or just someone who’s more special and therefore has no room to makes mistakes or act a certain way. Where’s the privacy anymore? Where’s the loyalty? Where’s the respect?
Fans should be so much more than just fans cause we are just that precious. Just like we expect so much from our favorite bands, they expect a lot out of us too.

I didn’t write this to trigger rants or arguments but to offer an explanation to the whole idea and emotions weaved through the story. How certain ideas throughout this came to be. The bands in our lives have become so precious and are so much more than just a band.
Let’s appreciate what we got, respect what others have, and maintain our idols humanity because you never know when it’ll all be gone.

Thanks for Reading.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks You so much :)
Thank you for the Comments:
SugarxSkullxDaze
Lindseyyy789
Confettifun
Andy Grimm (aka Zombie Stripper)
creature666miw
xxTearsICryxx
KingOfTheMusicScene
foREVer-a-creature (aka skittleslovesyou)
Fade away i am Jade
taylormotionless
Juuichi-kun
HelloHolaBonjour
SpontaneousNightmare

Thank You for the Recommendations:
FallenBridesmaid
Rebecca Fierro
Confettifun
ThorInWhite
Fade away i am Jade
Lindseyyy789
foREVer-a-creature
taylormotionless
ashmotionless
creature666miw
oswinisahuman
Tonibear
Juuichi-kun
burned.at.both.ends.
SugarxSkullxDaze
silenceneversilent
lovelessbird
KingOfTheMusicScene
LikeSaintValentine
xxTearsICryxx

And Thank You for subscribing :D !