Vivid Valentine

Wake Me Up

That was October 24, 2012. Our first met.

It was after Factual Listening class. I felt dizzy, and Dewi kept held my hand. She was really afraid that I will faint. We walked to the cafeteria, kept the appointment with Dilla to met her.

When we strode in the cafeteria, I surprised that there was a stranger sat with Arya, Dilla, Ajeng, and Jeff. Not so my type. I may be so curious about him, but I let my don’t-care-attitude win. “Aya, Dewi,” Arya said. “It’s Reigh.”

“Hey, Reigh,” I simpered.

“Hey,” Reigh said.

“He’s from Civil Engineering in University 10,” Arya continued. When Dewi heard it, she sat next to Arya, right in front of Reigh. I stiffened in my seat, really far from Reigh. I knew that Dewi always wants to know about Civil Engineering.

As Dewi start asked about Civil Engineering, and Reigh answered all her questions, I practically eavesdropped all their conversation. I casually asked to Reigh, “Hey, have you ever made concretes before? With that big heaten box?”

“Yes!,” Reigh answered. “How did you know?”

“And we have measured before,” I continued it. “Practically careful with measured water... Right?”

“Yes!,” Reigh frowned, but still looked so excited. “How did you know?”

I chuckled. “My Mum studied in Civil Engineering.” Then I heard Arya, Dilla, Ajeng, Dewi, and Jeff murmured. I even heard, “Why you never told us before?” but I didn’t pay attention to it.
“That’s cool!,” Reigh feistened. “Where did your Mum study?”

“University 10,” I chuckled. “She’s taking her PhD degree there right now.”

Everyone murmured again. Reigh blinked, he seemed mesmerized. “Whoa Aya, that was awesome.”

I simpered. Then, we talked about Civil Engineering, still in that space. Even Reigh gave his accordion folder that filled with his assignments. I saw mostly “A”. Well, he’s brainiac enough.

*****

Since then, life never been feel normal. I couldn’t sleep every night, tried to had long-conversation on I.M (but it always fails. He seldom answered me), fidgeted, asked Arya frequently about him... I have never been so into someone else before. He’s different. Totally different. It’s like... I see my future in him.

I miss him more than before. Until our last meet and also, our second meet came. That was December 5, 2012. The most nervous day, and when I remember this, I’m still shaking.