Status: I am planning to publish this, it is not commplete and I would like honest critiques, no matter how harsh, with eatch chapter I post up :3

The Golden Apple ( Book 1 )

Dear Reader,

Have you always dreamed of a place that would take you away.

A place that had unimaginable possibilities of endless wonder.

Did you ever once wish that something, anything would swoop you off your feet and take you away?

For a long time, I wanted those things.

Everyone did at some point.

I wanted to see my father, the man that left me in the care of a woman that raised me since birth.

My father was a mystery, a link to who I really was.

I was never to go into the attic. The attic my mother told me had monsters that hid in the darkest dampest areas and as a mindless child of fear I believed her. As I got older my courage and curiosity got the best of me to the point I no longer did fear monsters and childish lies. I finally got my chance to go up into that attic… I finally climbed the stairs to my fate….

Dear friends,

I should have heeded my mother’s warning. I should have left my obsession of my father in that cursed box and never opened it a, and now as I hold this the contents of my father’s things I had sealed my fate.
Even now as I sit and write to you, in a damp boat. I warn you to stay away from anything that glows gold.

Do not touch the thing that cursed me, for if you see a Golden Apple, walk away. No matter how tempting it is don’t look back. For a war is brewing, a war so old that now I am left to finish it…the only thing I have is a Journal, the Apple and my loyal cousins.
My mother once told me to always start a story from the beginning, but this is not a story. This is my journal, and everything you’re about to read is not a fiction.

So, for now I must stop writing. They have found us…

- Logan Emerson
♠ ♠ ♠
What do you think?