He's Not What He Seems

Chapter One

"Get back here you little sneak," the man screamed down the alley at me.

"Over my dead body," I yelled back, without looking back at him.

I knew it was a bad idea trying to thief from him, but I was desperate. The man was twice my size, with bulky muscles and swap green eyes, with a shaven head.

Me, I was 5ft 5, oak brown eyes and wavy golden hair, which fell just past my shoulders. I was just small and flimsy and couldn't fight to save my life.

He was sat at the bus station and his wallet sat beside him as he rolled up a joint. I glance around, seeing no one about, I took off walking. As I walked past him, I quickly swiped the wallet and walked quickly away. Two minutes later, he was chasing me.

Being who I am has its problems, I struggle for money and I struggled for food . . . basically I struggled with life all together, being homeless and all.

I was homeless because I threw myself out. I was 18 and my home felt like a prison, I could never go out, never do this and never do that! That's when I left in the night, while my mother and father were fast asleep.

Now I was left being chased down an alley, with my end coming near, as the man grew closer and closer on my heels.

I felt his fingers brush my waist and I picked up my speed, but I was too slow. His arms wrapped around my waist quietly.

"Let me go!" I yelped.

"Not until you give me back my money you stole," he growled slamming into a wall.

I felt the oxygen thrown out of me and my back slid down the wall.

"I haven't got your money, I dumped it," I coughed. I leant forward resting my hands on my knees.

"Don't lie to me," he warned, slapping me across the face.

I felt my eyes sting with tears and my cheek burned wildly.

"I swear," I cried.

His hand lashed out to my throat and help on tight, slamming my head into the brick wall behind. His other arm pinned to my chest, trapping my arms.

Red and black blotches crowded my vision. I gasped for air.

"I don't believe you," he whispered into my ear, his voice like venom.

"I promise," I whispered, as his grip grew tighter.

"Well then you’re going have to pay it back aren’t yah."

"I can't, I have no money, I'm homeless," I sobbed.

"To bad no one’s going to miss you when you're dead then," he laughed darkly.

"No!" I screeched.

I let out a choked scream, as he pulled a knife from his jean belt.

"Let the girl go," a man's voiced echoed through the alley.

The man looked around nervously. Spotting no one around, the man resumed back to me.

"I'm going to enjoy this," he muttered darkly.

"I'm warning you," the voice echoed again.

The man looked around once more.

"Where are you?" He spat.

"That is none of your business," the voice laughed harshly.

I looked round panicked, trying to pin point the voice, but found no one.

"If you want the girl to live, you best come from your hiding place," the man laughed, holding the knife to my throat.

"Please help me!" I choked.

"Shut up!" The man hissed, punching in the stomach, while keeping the knife to my throat.

"I gave you a fair warning," the voice laughed bitterly.

A breeze whipped past us and my capture tumbled to the ground.

"What the hell," he choked, pushing his self-up to a staggering standing.

I quickly caught my breath, chocking as I did. As the man stumbled to his feet, I began to run for my life.

I skidded round the alley, only to trip in a netting of wires. I fell to the floor, with a bone breaking thud and I let out a pained yelp.

"There you are," the man's voice chuckled darkly.

I looked up to find the buff man walking down the alley, the knife gleaming like a diamond in his grasp.

"Please," I begged. "You can't do this me; you'll have the thought of my death on your mind for the rest of your life."

"And?" he shrugged.

I tried to shuffle back, only to be blocked by a brick wall.

"Please, I beg of you, give me mercy, I'm sorry," I sobbed as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Too late for apologise," he barked, crouching down in front of me.

I looked away from his daggering stare.

Before I could register, the knife thrashed out at me and jammed into my stomach. I let out an ear piercing scream and tried to grasp at the knife.

"Oh no you don't!" he warned, slapping me across the cheek once more.

I felt my breath slowly escape me and my body go lifeless, as my vision clouded over with a fuzzy fog. Slowly I felt the knife slide out of me and I winced.

"Take your last breath g-" the man suddenly grunted and the knife unexpectedly clattered to the floor, followed by a meaty thud.

I blinked wildly trying to gain my focus, but it didn't work.

I watched as a figure dressed in black leather motorcycle gear, leant forward. His cold fingers brushed my cheek and I flinched, letting out a struggled moan.

"Shhh," he whispered, picking me up in his arms.

I began to fight against him, but I began to grow weaker and gave up.

"That's a good girl," he murmured, his voice growing distant by the second.

His voice sounded low and inviting, with a hint of upper-class English, which had a slight growl to it.

"When you awake, you'll feel a lot better."

With his final words, I felt myself slip into the dark.