Status: February 14, 2013 is the day Sean Patrick Flanery acknowledged my existance and followed me on twitter.

Last Prayer

1\1

Looking down the barrel of a gun was nothing knew for Aileen and Aine McCarthy. The two sisters had been running around with Boston's own Saints for months, they had constantly been shot at and risked their lives, they knew what they were getting into the moment they wanted in. Facing Yakavetta as he and his men held guns at their head was nothing foreign; if they were killed it would only give the boys even more reason to despise him.

"Alright, we'll make a deal, you tell us what you know about the Saints and I'll let you girls go." Yakavetta stated as he lowered his aim and began pacing.

"Go to hell." Aine spat, she had always been the one to speak or do before she truly thought about the consequences. Her sister was the opposite, she cared and thought more about the consequences of her actions, though both had a temper and Yakavetta was testing their nerves.

"Ye wanna know about the Saints?" Aileen sneered gaining Yakavetta's attention. "They'll kill ye. Not jus' 'cause ye got us, but 'cause of what ye done."

"You see, the Saints aren't going to kill me." Yakavetta laughed.

"Ye planned this, ye want them ta come here." Aine said her anger replaced with shock. Yakavetta's smile was enough of an answer for them.

"Let's leave the ladies alone for a while." He said exiting the room with his men close behind.

"Aine" Aileen said worry seeping into her voice as she looked at her older sister.

"I know Aileen. They'll be okay, they always find a way out of shit like this. Won't be the firs' time." Aine comforted though she wasn't so sure herself.

She couldn't imagine losing Murphy MacManus and she knew the same went for her sister when it came to Murphy's brother Connor. After all they'd been through it just couldn't end like this. It seemed only yesterday they met the twins at Doc's bar.
~~~~~
Aine and Aileen strolled through Boston's streets heading toward the pub their father had told them about. The owner was an old family friend, and with their father practically on his deathbed he thought Doc should know.

The crisp air blew through their hair which was the only way you could tell them apart. Aine had her hair cut short while Aileen allowed her long curls to cascade past her shoulders. They weren't exactly twins, though they looked it; they shared the same birthday only they were exactly a year apart, their parents considering them the perfect Irish Twins.

The pub came into view, McGinty's, and with a glance at each other they entered. Leaving their coats by the door the girls glanced around the pub seeing mostly men, though that didn't bother them too much as they casually walked up to the bar, seeing an older man behind it.

"Excuse me, we're lookin' for Doc." Aine spoke up catching every man's attention that was gathered at the bar.

"I-I'm D-Doc. What c-can I d-do f-f-f... FUCK! ASS! You?" He stuttered and cursed. The sisters weren't taken back or offended by his cursing for their father warned them if his Tourette's.

"We believe ye know our father, Coilin McCarthy?" Aine replied.

"C-Coilin McCarthy? I know him."

"We're his daughters."

"Oh! H-how is he?" Doc asked not bothering with names yet.

"Not well." Aileen chimed in, though her voice was sad. "He's ill and we don't think he'll be 'round much longer." Doc's cheerful face fell.

"I'm s-sorry ta h-hear that. B-boys, m-make some room, l-let the ladies sit." Doc ordered and the two men that set in front of the sisters moved a seat over as a couple of them gave up theirs. Aine noticed the two in front of them looked similar, but she wasn't completely sure. They thanked them for the seats as Doc offered drinks.

"So what's yer name lass?" The one on Aine's right.

"I'm Aine this is my sister Aileen."

"Murphy Macmanus and that's me twin brother Connor beside yer sister." He introduced confirming her thoughts.

"Nice te meet ye." The sisters replied together.

"So ye two are Irish are ya? Or are ye fakin' those accents?" Connor asked with a smirk on his face as he looked at Aileen.

"Aye, we are Irish." Aileen replied with a sweet smile.

"What do ye know Murph, found another pair of Irish twins!" Connor said loudly with a smile.

"Hate ta be the bearer of bad news, but were not twins." Aine stated a smirk on her face as Connor's smile fell.

"How many years apart are ye?" Murphy asked catching Aine's eyes.

"Exactly a year." Aine replied as she looked into his blue eyes. "I'm the oldest."

"So am I!" Connor said

"Ye don't know tha' 'cause Ma won't tell us!" Murphy yelled, causing an argument to break out between the two.
~~~~~~~
The four had been practically inseparable after that; the sisters found a permanent place together in Boston after their father passed and it had just been the twins, the sisters, and their friend Rocco. Not long after Aine and Aileen moved to Boston did the twins ask them out, leaving Rocco to be sort of the odd man out when with them, but no one really noticed. They just enjoyed being together.

Then the bar fight happened and the boys got attacked in their own apartment, officially labeling them Boston's Saints. After that, event after event happened as the Saints, with Rocco and the sisters getting themselves involved as well. All leading up to where the McCarthy sisters were now; locked in Papa Joe Yakavetta's place with Connor, Murphy, and Rocco running straight into a trap.

The door opened as two of Yakavetta's men came in, gagging the sisters and soon being followed by more men as they brought three struggling people in. The girls didn't need to see the faces to know who it was, nor did they need to hear their complaints and demands. They knew it was the three they cared about most, their Boston family.

Papa Joe came in and talked to them, mainly Rocco who had betrayed the Yakavetta family by working with the Saints. He shot off his finger before leaving only to return a few moments later to kill him. He didn't leave after that though, he sat quietly through Rocco's short speach of how the boys couldn't give up.

"You guys gotta find Aine and Aileen, and never stop."

"Aine and Aileen." Yakavetta mused gaining their attention as he ordered a few to scoot the sisters closer and into the light. "So that's their names." He walked up to Aileen placing his gun against her temple as he took the gag away.

"You son of a bitch." Rocco muttered before taking his last breath.

"Rocco!" Aileen screamed, tears falling down her face for her lost friend.

"Tell me, how much do the ladies mean to you." He asked readying his gun to fire.

"Get away from her!" Connor bellowed his eyes never leaving Aileen's face.

"Connor, Rocco was right, never stop. I love ye Conn." Aileen said knowing what was going to happen to her.

"Love ye too." Connor said as tears clouded his vision. "I'm sorry Aileen." He continued as Yakavetta moved to where he was behind Aileen, gun still pointed at her head.

"Don't be."

"How sweet." Papa Joe stated as his finger pulled the trigger. The gunshot rang through the room mixing with Connor's cries. Yakavetta didn't waste anytime as he tried to break the MacManus brothers, and pulled the gag away from Aine's mouth as well, standing in front of her.

"You bastard!" She shouted at him before looking to Murphy. "I love ye Murph, I know I never said it enough."

"Love ye too Aine." Murphy choked out as tears ran down his face.

"Aileen was right though Connor," she began her gaze drifting to Connor's bloody face. "Ye 'ave nothin' to be sorry 'bout. We knew what we were gettin' ourselves into, we all knew the risk. And I want ye to say the MacManus family prayer in honor of the three of us tonight, as you kill this motherf-AH!" Aine screamed as another gunshot rang out. Only it wasn't her that was shot; it was Papa Joe.

The three looked up to see a man from a while back, the one who shot at them as they left one of their jobs that Rocco set up for them. He shot at them ready to kill a not too long ago and now he was saving them. It wasn't till he spoke did they realize who he was, as he recited the family prayer; Noah MacManus.

As soon as they were set free from their bounds, Aine was sitting by her sister's body with Murphy's arms wrapped around her and his head resting on her shoulder while Connor sat across from them running his fingers through Aileen's hair, unwilling to accept the fact that she was gone. After a moment they stood, knowing they couldn't remain there, but before they could walk away another gunshot was heard and Aine fell.

"Aine!" Murphy cried as he caught her, bringing her gently down.

"Conn, Murph, say it one last time for me. I need to hear it." Aine said as her breaths became shallow.

"Aine." Murphy said as his hand stroked her hair and tears streamed down their faces.

"We'll meet again Murphy, but right now I 'ave ta go be with me sister and Da. Please say it." She begged. Murphy placed a sweet kiss to her lips before looking to his twin, as his loved one died hearing their voices.

"And Shepherds we shall be for thee my Lord for thee. Power hath descended forth from thy hand that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to thee and teeming with souls shall it ever be. In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed. Let me know what you think, I love feedback! :)