I don't love you like I did yesterday

Talking to my sister

Elliot’s P.O.V

Skye Nason?! It can’t be. That can’t be the stuck up princess. She was so nice. I don’t think my family would approve of us kissing. I won’t even tell them about tonight. I walked to this beach I was… thinking. That’s what I’ll say. I can’t let anyone find out about this. Especially not Carlos! He’d skin me alive.

Skye wasn’t anything like what I thought she would be like. I thought I knew her; mom had spoken about her, but not much. I walked into my house to see everyone around the TV.

“Hello Elliot” my mom said, “Where have you been?”

“Just walking,” I said to her sitting next to my sister. Maybe I could tell Harmony. She might understand.

“You’ve been ages!” Carlos said looking at me funny,

“Sure you’ve only been walking? Not been with any upper class people have you? Specially those Nasons’!” Carlos said to me. My stomach flipped. I’d been with Skye! I yelled in my head.

“Nope. All on my lonesome” I said keeping it cool.

They all agreed I was telling the truth and continued to watch the TV. I didn’t want to sit here. I walked upstairs and flopped on my bed. No one will ever accept it. It’s like two people from different races getting together in this world being accepted. It wouldn’t work. Or would it?

“Elliot?” said my mother. I sat up and looked at her. “Are you okay dear?”

“Yes mom. Why?” I asked her.

“Well it’s only you seem a bit, worried. Not yourself.” she said

“Oh well I’m fine” I said. She sat next to me.

“You know you can tell me anything,” she said.

“I know mom” I reassured her. Maybe I should tell her. She kissed my cheek and begun to walk out. “Mom!” I said she turned around

“Yes dear?” she asked me

“Do you like Skye Nason?” I asked her, that’s it Elliot be suttle.

“Yes I guess. She’s the one person in that family who has a decent heart”

Those words rang in my ears. ‘She’s the one person in that family who has a decent heart’ Skye is lovely.

“Why?” she asked

“No reason” I said to her. She smiled and walked out. I took a huge sigh of relief.

“Whoa” I said, “I can’t”

“What’s wrong Elliot?” my sister came in.

Everyone seemed to think something was wrong with me. I bet you Carlos and dad will be up soon.

“Nothing Harm” I said

“I know when something is wrong with you” She said sitting on my chair and looking into my eyes. “Is it Skye Nason?” she asked me

“W-what where did you g-get that idea?” I said nervously. She had figured

“I over heard your and mom’s conversation then” She said, what she meant was she was eavesdropping. I sighed. “You met her didn’t you? And you like her,” she said. Whoa! In one. I sighed

“Yes. I do, but I can’t like her. It’s not what they want me to do,” I said looking ashamed.

“Don’t say that,” she said to me, “I have never met Skye myself, but if you like her she could be decent. When did you meet her?”

“Earlier when I was out walking,” I said. She looked at me.

“Don’t listen to other people Elliot, do what you think is right and what you want to do” Harmony smiled at me and walked out.

She was right. If I wanted to see Skye I could. I have to see her again.