I don't love you like I did yesterday

Our Beach

Skye’s P.O.V

I looked out the window to see nothing but houses. Houses I knew quite well. I hadn’t thought about coming back for a while. Not coming back but a person I had thought about. Everyday. But now I’ve moved on.

A teenager of fifteen to a fully-grown adult of twenty. I felt like coming back to my state of Louisiana to visit then back to LA. I lent against the window.

“Skye? Are you okay?” my best friend Alexis asked me.

She was happily married to a guy called Matthew Thomas, who would miss her over the two weeks we were staying here. She was constantly on the phone to him; it was kind of annoying as my boyfriend broke up with me.

“Are you thinking about Elliot Page?” she asked me. I nodded.

“Don’t. Just forget him. You’ve made a fresh start you are only coming back to visit. Don’t see him, if you do blank him,” she said sweeping her black hair out of her eye. I nodded.

“We’re here,” said the driver. We got out and I looked up at my old house. I cringed a little.

“Jesus!” Alexis said looking at my house. My mother came out with a smile on her face.

“SKYE! I’ve missed you so much!” she hugged me but I didn’t hug her back. I looked at Alexis she knew what I was thinking.

“Mom this is Alexis Thomas. My friend” I said they shook hands.

I looked around hoping to see Elliot. We walked into the house. We went into the kitchen got a drink then went to my room. As I walked up the stairs my brother ambushed me.

“JAXON!” I yelled, “I missed you sooooo much!” he grinned at me then looked at Alexis.

“Hey Skye. Who’s this?” He asked
“Alexis Thomas, she’s married,” I said seeing the look on his face.

We walked into my room and as we walked in my glass smashed onto the floor. S-she didn’t?! She’s changed it! She went and changed the whole room! I was so angry. I ran downstairs.

“MOM! HOW COULD YOU?” I screamed. There I was, a mere sixteen-year-old child again. “I KNEW I SHOULD HAVE NEVER COME BACK!” I ran out the door.

“Wait Skye!” Alexis stood in the doorway.

“Don’t follow me lexis! Leave me alone” I said. Why was I acting so childish about this? Maybe it was the vibe of my old house.

I ran to the place I knew I could just be. Our beach.