I don't love you like I did yesterday

Working for the Nasons

Elliot’s P.O.V

All I have to do is keep quiet. Live in my head. I don’t want to go out. I sat at my desk writing. Nothing in particular, just doodling. I gazed out of my window. The sky was blue and there was fluffy clouds forming. A beautiful day in Louisiana, I rested my head on my hand just to think.

I don’t have any friends. I have two brothers and a sister. I share a room with my brother Carlos and my other brother Patrick is in collage. He made something of himself. My sister Harmony is the one person in my life who understands me. I love her so much. People think I’m a bit strange, but who cares what people think. Not me, but sometimes I wonder what life would be like to be on the other side.

“Elliot!” yelled my dad. “Come down stairs lunch is ready” I walked down stairs and saw my sister at the bottom of the stairs just coming in from a walk.

“Hello Harmy” I said to her. She giggled.

“Hi Elliot.” she said. We walked into the kitchen

“Been anywhere nice?” I asked her as we all sat at the table and waited for lunch to be served.

“Not really.” she said, “Just been… you know… around,” she said to me.

Carlos walked up to me and punched me in the arm. I just took it. Like I always did.

“Here you go Elliot” my dad gave me some soup.

That’s what we always had. Carlos started eating like a ravines dog. I stared, my sister laughed and begun to eat along with my dad.

My mom was probably at work she’s always working. She works for the richest family in our state, the Nasons’. My mom always talks about them and how rich they were. Jasmine and Rupert Nason had a daughter called Skye, a bit of a weird name if you ask me. I bet she is really stuck up.

“Is mom at work?” I asked.

“Yes” my dad said.

“Working for the ruddy Nasons!” Carlos said he always hated them just for being them

“They’re always making her work. Poor mom” Carlos continued to eat. I stared down at my soup. I wasn’t really hungry. I took a sip of my water and I sighed.

“I’m going for a walk,” I said.

They all looked up at me because it was weird for me to want to go outside. But I needed some fresh air. I stood up and walked out.

Where to go? Where to go? There’s a beach a couple of miles away. That might be worth going to