Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

Totally Not Creepy At All...

"If you want to sign up for instrumental lessons, write your name in the box on the sheet and Joey, please stop flicking Anna."

Jess sighed as she let her head drop into her hands, frustrated by how painfully slow the music lesson was going. Monday's always dragged on, but never before had she wanted to slaughter everyone in the room right up until now. She adored the subject, and it was usually the most enjoyable lesson of the week. But to her dismay, many failing students had decided to bullshit their way through the Music course; Maths wouldn't accept their low grades and no-one ever wanted to take psychology, especially with the notorious Mrs Edwards taking the classes ; she had a severe anger problem, which was easily triggered. And you really didn't want to be on the receiving end of her shitstorm.

Unless you deliberately wanted to end up in A and E.

"As I was saying, if you want instrumental lessons come and fill out this form and I will set you up with a specialised music teacher, or another pupil."

The bell rang to signal the end of the school day, as at least twenty students tried to get through the music room doors all at once. It could've been compared to squeezing toothpaste out of a tube when the end is partially blocked. She waited in her seat for a few minutes to wait for the crowd to die down, before she strode to the front of the classroom. She stopped to fill out the mentioned form, finding that she was waiting behind a short, black haired boy.

She had never noticed him before in this class. She was always too busy thinking of crazy guitar solos, or attempting to listen to Mrs Turner drone on about imperfect and perfect cadences. Jessie peered over his shoulder, standing up on her toes as she craned her neck. She watched him note down his name and his desired skill which he wanted to learn.

'Billie Joe = Piano/ Keyboard'

She smiled inwardly as she reclined to a normal standing position, crossing her arms over her chest ; Jess had learned from a young age how to play the piano. Then, she stumbled upon the wonders of rock and punk music. It was an a complete accident. Her dad had bought home a Clash vinyl for a friend, and Jess managed to work out how to play it on the stereo. Her sudden change of music taste and discovering her favourite band had consequently inspired her to learn electric guitar. She still kept playing piano though. Jess wasn't the type of girl to give up on something she was good at.
After 'Billie Joe' had written his name down, she watched as he looked up and gave the red biro to her.

He had gorgeous green eyes, and a rounded face which was paired perfectly with his black 'punk-rock' bedhead. Several strands of black hair fell across his forehead which he flicked out of the way in one small jerk of his head.

"umm...Here."

Jess felt her cheeks burn as she quickly grabbed the pen, mumbling a quiet 'thanks' as she drew her long black hair over her face with her hands;

She'd just been staring, and almost drooling on him for what seemed like 10 whole hours.

Ok.

Maybe it was only just a few seconds.

But to her, it felt like 10 hours.

She heard him snort at her embarrassment, and then murmur something under his breath.

Oh so you're not mr nice guy then?

Jess frowned and quickly scribbled her name in the box just below Billie Joe's, and wrote 'bass guitar' next to her name . Jess then pulled on her Clash hoodie and got out her mp3 player from her bag. She quickly thanked her teacher before she placed both headphones over her ears and let the entrancing voice of Joe Strummer ring through her head. She then ran out of the classroom, and through the ghostlike corridors. She slowed down her pace when she saw Billie Joe walking out of the school building, and slowly plodding up the school drive.

She watched him from a distance for a few seconds before ploughing on past him. She reached the top of the drive and briefly looked over her shoulder, to find that he had disappeared from the long stretch of concrete. She frowned before walking forwards, as she turned her head around.
Jess almost jumped out of her skin when she saw him stood directly infront of her, saying something and gesturing with his hands to her hoodie.

Except she couldn't hear anything at all.

All apart from her favourite frontman screaming ' SHOULD I STAY OR SHOULD I GO' into her ears.

She yanked the headphones off of her head before interrupting whatever he was saying.

"I'm sorry, I had my headphones on so I have no idea what you were saying."

"It's okay."

Jess smiled awkwardly as a silence consumed their short conversation. She noticed that he had a small nose ring, and had both of his ears pierced now that she was close up talking to him.

"So...What did you want?"

"Oh yeah.. Well... Um."

She watched him attempt to collect himself, as she crossed her arms over her chest defensively.

"I was gonna ask you firstly what is your name, and what kinda music you like? I mean, I think we like the same sort of things and like um..I'm kinda new to this area and.. I um...don't have many friends..so... Yeah."

A giggle that was buried deep inside Jess slipped out accidently, as she watched as his cheeks turned a light shade of crimson.

"Um... Well I'm Jessamyne, but people usually call me Jess."

She watched as his emeralds darted from her eyes to the floor several times before she answered the second question.

"And as you can probably see, my favourite band is The Clash, but I listen to Adam & the Ants, Spermbirds, NOFX, Husker Du, Generation X, - "

Billie Joe studied Jess closely as she glanced up at the darkened sky, counting out the bands on her slender fingers. He was glad that he had plucked up the courage to actually converse with her. She was nice, and had seemed to have forgiven him for snorting at her earlier ; he didn't mean it of course. That was just part of his own facade to push annoying and unwanted people away.

"-Y'know, anything not considered to be listened to 'normal' people. And I'm definitely not normal."
She gestured to herself when telling him the last part, chuckling awkwardly as his eyes swooped over her body.

"Well I'm not normal either."

"Perfect match then."

Jess smiled as the raven haired boy laughed joyfully, and punched the air while shouting 'WOOP'.

" Umm well... we should meet up and talk about stuff sometime. I mean, there's literally no-one who I have met so far who actually likes bands like that, and you seem really genuine and nice."

"I know how you feel. It's been like that for my all my life. Until now, eh?"

Jessie chuckled as Billie Joe's face transformed into a grin.

"Sorry, it's just so awesome to make a friend who isn't either a complete utter dick, or a complete fake caked in shit coloured makeup."

Jess snorted and then continued to laugh, whilst he kept a smirk on his face.

" Dude, you are literally me on the inside. I'm not even kidding."

They both stood on the concrete for a few more silent seconds, whilst they both looked each other directly in the other's eyes.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around, Jess"

"I'll see you around Billie Joe"

"Wait how do you know my-"

"Ok, please don't think that I'm a stalker because I'm not-"

Jess watched as he began to frown, but he still held a smirk on his lips.

"- but I noticed your name on the music lesson form thingy..."

Jess felt her cheeks burn yet again as he stood infront of her, slightly freaked out.

"Okkkkkkay then. Nice to meet you. even though I may have just gained a stalker..."

"You too."

"Oh and call me Billie, only my Mom calls me Billie Joe"

They both gave the other a little wave and a smile, before they walked off in opposite directions; Billie to the left and Jess to the right. Jess sighed as she placed her headphones back over her ears, to find that her mp3 player had now shuffled onto 'Something To Prove' by the SpermBirds.

She glanced over her shoulder quickly to find he was doing the same, and instantly whipped her head back around. She felt blood rush to her cheeks for what was most likely the 100th time that day.
Jess continued to plod home, ignoring and avoiding the so called 'popular people' who obviously didn't have the ability to walk faster than a 3 legged tortoise. She could hear them shout something at her, but she couldn't clearly hear whatever they said.

Fifteen music filled minutes later, she arrived at her old Victorian era house. Jessie opened the wooden front door with her key and took out her headphones, before shouting 'hello' to her father. She took off her red converse and placed them in a cupboard underneath the staircase, stopping momentarily to acknowledge her brown short haired greyhound Oskar, who had snuck up behind her. She then ran up her stairs and proceeded to throw down her stuff in the middle of her green themed room. Jess then collapsed on her bed, closing her eyes and sighing at the instant relaxation. She wrapped the turquoise bedsheets around her body, turning herself into a human cocoon. She smiled inwardly as she let her thoughts take over her mind.

Well that wasn't so bad.

At least I've made a sort of friend.

Even though I've creeped the fuck outta him.

Whoops.


************************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys liked this. I've written loads of this story so you should be getting updates like once everyone 1 1/2 to 2 weeks, or maybe more often depending on exams etc. Not sure whats happening on Amanda by the way, I've kinda lost the flow with that fic...