Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

Sleep With Me.

The small back room of 924 Gilman street was literally bursting when Billie, Mike and John walked onto the tiny stage, all standing infront of a mass of swaying sweaty bodies '. Well, it wasn't really a stage. It was more like a 5 inch slab of concrete which elevated them slightly above the crowd. But despite the 'shittyness' of the supposed stage, it could make anyone feel like they were on top of the world.

Except for a person like Billie, it only proved just how petite he was in comparison to Mike and the screaming punks stood just before him.

The raven haired boy held up Blue by her black strap and lifted her over his head, adjusting the position of the guitar once on his shoulder. He glanced across the raving crowd, letting a small smile tug at his lips when he saw her ; Jess was standing alone in the crowd, a little unsure as to what to do in a mosh pit.

Of course Jess knew that they were crazy places where people could get trampled on pretty easily. But at the same time, she knew that mosh pits were an amazing marvel of human nature; when a song played, all the people singing along were part of a huge group of craziness and love. It didn't matter what gender or what you looked like or just anything. All that mattered was music, and that was that.

Billie looked back over to Mike, who was just plugging in his yellow precision bass that he had named 'The Weapon'. It never failed to make Billie choke down a snicker whenever the blonde boy mentioned those two words.

He turned his head to take a glimpse at John, who was sat eagerly with two sticks in his palms, his eyes darting between Mike and Billie as he waited for a sign to start.

The raven haired boy moved over to the amp on his right, plugging a lead coming from it into his guitar, and witched it on. He strummed a chord to check that it worked, and grinned as a very loud noise stunned the crowd for a second.

But after they realised what the noise signalled, they instantly started to scream and throw their arms up in the air.

Jess only copied them as she attempted to move a little further forwards to the front of the crowd. It earned her a few dirty looks, but she managed to get into a position a few meters away from the guys.

One of Gilmans organizers quickly thrust a microphone in a stand into Billie hand, and gave an impulsive small salute to the guitarist. Billie smirked before flicking on the switch on the microphone.

"Hi. We're Green Day."

Billie turned his head around to nod at John, whom started out into the opening beats of 'Only Of You' along with the other two boys. John had finally given into Billie, and decided that maybe 'I Was There' wasn't the best opener. And judging by the crowd's reaction, Billie had been right.

Meanwhile, Jess jumped around as the crowd began to sing along. She glanced up at the raven haired boy as he belted out the words, Mike moving over to Billie to share his microphone ; Gilman didn't have much working equipment, so they had to improvise a little. The main culprits of breaking Gilmans equipment were usually bands such as The Lookouts, mainly thanks to their literally insane drummer Tré Cool. Not only was he incredibly hyper, but he was incredibly clumsy too;

Quite a bad mix of traits when you don't have enough money to pay for damages...

The tall bassist jumped a few inches and thrust his bass into the air as the small pause ceased their playing for a second. He then quickly leaned in next to Billie's face, aware of the smaller boy's breath ghosting over his cheeks.

He harmonized with Billie, turning his head a little and grinning at his friend. Billie did the same, and winked at the taller boy before starting out into the second verse.

Half an hour later, Green Day were nearing the end of their set list. They'd already played Only Of You, I Was There, Don't Leave Me, Rest, Dry Ice, Disappearing boy and Knowledge. Billie had managed to pad out the songs by making sure the solo's were extra long, and that inbetween songs he interacted with the crowd ; He liked getting the crowd to repeat notes that he sung to them. It told Billie how much he was affecting the people raving just before him, and whether he was capturing their attention or not.

"Sorry guys but this is our last song tonight, and its completely new. It's 1000 Hours, LETS GO!"

You could hear a few disappointed moans amongst the crowd, but they were overpowered by the rest of the people there enjoying themselves one last time.

He glanced over to Mike and John , strumming the first chord to the song and once again, looking at all the faces within the crowd.

"Starlit night, the moon is shining bright, you're the one that I need-"

He scanned across the crowd to look for her.

Yes, 1000 hours was of course about no other, than Jess. It was a little over-exaggerated in the lyrics, but his heart had spewed the words just a few months ago, when he took Jess to her Mom's grave. She didn't know that it was about her though. Billie hadn't dared himself to tell her yet.
But he wanted to give her a clue.

He wanted to sing this song whilst glancing down into her eyes;

He had seen how she looked into his eyes for a deeper meaning when the whole Mrs Edwards kerfuffle happened. And he wanted her to find the deeper meaning of this song.

"Up at your window, I see a- woah woah woah stop STOP!"

He flung out and stretched his arm, as Mike and John stopped playing. They were slightly confused, but Mike could see that Billie was focused on something happening in the crowd.

"Get her the fuck back up. Come on guys. Seriously. Infact, bring her up here."

Billie held his hand out to Jess as several people helped her up from the floor and over the barrier, moving her towards the mini-stage/ concrete slab. He pulled her up and leant forward to shout in her ear.

"ARE YOU OKAY?"

Jess shook her head and laughed weakly, and then shouted back at him.

"YES. JUST A BIT DIZZY I GUESS."

The raven haired boy smiled, placing as hand on her shoulder. From what he saw, Billie assumed she'd fallen to the floor and almost had been trampled to death;

All the time he'd been playing, he hadn't kept that much of an eye on her until now. He knew that he should have really, with it being her first time in the mosh pit and all; He was still a little angry inside over what he found earlier, and had tried to block her out. But evidently, that method of ignoring Jess had not worked for Billie. And considering the consequences of doing so, it also had endangered Jess a little; He felt a little guilty inside.

It probably wouldn't have happened if you weren't such a fucking self-absorbed dick.

He thought for a few seconds before moving back over to the microphone. He played a few chords, which instantly sent the crowd wild. He looked over to Jess who now had a huge grin on her face;
Nothing could beat The Ramones 'Teenage Lobotomy' .

And even though typically, most people in this punk scene hated The Ramones because 'they sold out',

Billie could now see them grinning and singing along ,with their hands in the air.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You guys were sooooo awesome."
Jess looked up at the ceiling of Billie's room, just settling down as Mike and Billie plonked themselves on Billie's bed. They looked at each other and grinned, before copying Jess and closing their eyes.

"So... How was your first Green Day mosh pit dude?"

She turned her head towards Mike and smiled weakly.

"Awesome as fucking fuck. Even if I almost like, died in there..."

The two boys chuckled, before Mike sat up and stood up from the bed. He stretched his arms and yawned, losing his balance as he did so. He had to take a small step to his right in order to stay standing upright.

"Think I'm gonna go crash now. G'night dudes and dudettes."

The guitarist let a sudden small squeal burst from his lips as the bassist poked him in the stomach, before waving a little as his best friend exited his room. He sat upright and turned his head towards the girl laid half asleep next to him. Her hair was splayed out all over his brown sheets, and her lips were parted slightly.

He smiled and sighed, reaching out to grasp her wrist. He lifted up her hand by it, and turned it over so that her palm faced upwards. He leant down and placed a long kiss on the skin there, which caused her eyes to slowly flutter open.

"Whaaaaat?"

Billie smirked and placed her wrist back down on the bed.

"I think I'm gonna go downstairs now."

Billie began to get up from his bed, but was pulled back down by a firm hand on his forearm. He turned his head to find that Jess had sat up, and was looking at him with tired, but pleading eyes.

"Sleep with me."

Billie was about to make a suggestive comment, but Jess instantly pressed her index finger to his lips.
But, she couldn't stop his eyebrows from implying whatever he had been about to say.

"I mean as in sleep beside me, dufus."

Billie's lips formed an 'O' shape as he snickered, letting her get off the bed so that he could pull back the cover. But first, he ran over to the door to switch off his light, and collect a torch from his bedside table. Once he did, Billie switched on the torch and jumped into his bed , along with Jess. She moved closer to Billie to rest her head on his chest. She also placed one of her hands on his chest.

"Thanks Billie. I just don't feel like...I.. I don't even know. I just feel better inside if you're here okay."

He nodded as he snaked his arm around her, kissing her head delicately.

"Sorry about earlier."

Jess frowned in the dark, tensing up a little.

"What happened earlier?"

"I was being such a dick."

"Oh. It's alright. I um...was kinda stealing your best friend a little..."

They both laughed as Jess snuggled into Billie's warm chest, listening to his heart thumping against his ribcage.

"S'okay. Let's get some sleep okay. Then maybe tomorrow we can go get shitfaced or something-"

Billie smirked as he felt her nod against his torso, closing his eyes as he switched the torch of with a quick movement of his forefinger.

"-And maybe we can remember to change into pyjama's next time..."

Jess let out a sleepy laugh and a few minutes later she dropped off , snoring lightly. Billie was a little worried at first by how quickly she'd fallen asleep, but he had put it down to the fact that she was probably exhausted.

After about ten minutes, Billie too felt himself falling into a deep sleep. It excited him a little as normally, his insomnia kept him up for days at a time.

But with Jess in his arms, she seemed to be some kind of temporary antidote to cure his sleeping troubles.

Like she was fighting a poison swirling around his veins in his blood.

Which was kinda cool in Billie's opinion.

But then again, he was in a very dazed and sleepy state;

Anything can seem kind of awesome when you're just about to drop off into a perfect dreamland.

**************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay I felt bad for leaving 9 days to update... So here's another. I hopefully should be able to get a few more updates in because it's currently the holidays, but after that I've got a lot of deadlines and stuff :(

Thankyou so, so, so, SO much to the 14 subscribers and I'm so proud that my measly fanfic story thing has got 64 reads... :D

Please comment if you can! I feel a little kinda lonely :(. But yeah, I don't know if you guys are liking this or not =3 x