Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

Kids. Why'd We Have Them..?

Ollie Armstrong almost jumped out of her skin when her house phone shrilled from the hallway. She had just been sipping on a cup of milky coffee and reading the daily newspaper, completely tuned out from the world around her. Ollie placed the old mug on the oak table she was sat at, and scraped her chair out from underneath it. She jogged to the ringing phone, reaching out with her left hand to grab it. She then placed the cream coloured receiver to her ear.

"Hello? Who's speaking?"

She leant her back on the kitchen wall whilst waiting for an answer on the other side of the line.

"Hi Ollie, it's Jess's Dad, Toby."

The older woman instantly smiled, and brought her right hand up to the cord that hung from the phone. She twirled her fingers around, in, and out of the coils.

"Oh, what can I do for you Toby? Is everything alright?"

She heard the man on the other end of the line sigh softly, causing her to frown.

"Not really. Jess didn't come back last night and I have no idea where she is."

She clutched the phone a little tighter when Toby's voice wobbled a little bit. Ollie knew exactly how he felt; Numerous times, Billie had disappeared for days on end without even thinking to call. It scared her that her youngest son wouldn't tell her where he was, but she couldn't do anything about it. She just had to go with the old saying ' no news is better than bad news.' And so far, nothing too bad had happened to him.

"Well, I haven't seen her since she went to Gilman with Billie and Mike yesterday. If you hold on for a few minutes, I can go ask Billie if he knows where Jess is?"

"If you don't mind..."

The older woman smiled, untangling her fingers from the phone wire.

"Of course I don't mind! I'll just be a minute or two."

"Thanks Ollie."

She placed the phone on the kitchen side, waiting for a few seconds to make sure that the cord didn't pull the receiver off the wooden surface. Ollie then strode out of the kitchen and down the hallway, and proceeded to make her way up the flight of stairs. Once on the landing, she sneaked her way past Mike's room and stood outside Billie's door. She lightly knocked on it.

"Billie? You up?"

She waited for a few seconds, but got no reply from her raven haired son.

She knocked a little harder.

"Billie? Hello? You even in there?"

She turned the handle and pushed the door slightly ajar, just enough so that she could project her voice around it.

"Billie?"

She frowned before hesitantly pushing the door fully open. She had known from previous experience never to open her son's door without knocking;

Let's just say that the scene she witnessed is still stuck in her mind.

Ollie stepped into his room, glancing over to his bed. She grinned the sight of the two teens sleeping innocently, and sighed peacefully. She shook her head, before walking over to the two embracing teens, both snoring lightly. She reached down to sweep a lock of her son's hair from his forehead, as she closed her eyes and placed a loving kiss there. Her eyes shifted to the girl whose head laid on his chest.

Ollie gently stroked her hair, exhaling as she glanced between the two of them; they looked so peaceful holding one another. Her eyes widened as she realised that her son was actually asleep at eight 'O clock in the morning;

Yes, most teens slept in till ten am, but usually Billie's insomnia meant that when Ollie woke up, she found him watching TV or playing his guitar with his huge headphones plugged into his amp.

She took her hand away from Jess, and quietly exited the room,. a smile tugging at the corners of her lips. She made her way back to the top of the staircase as quietly and as quickly as possible, before bolting down it. She ran into the kitchen, picking up the receiver and put it close to her face.

"You can breathe now Toby. She's fine."

She grinned as she heard Toby exhale loudly, laughing a little at him.

"Do you know where she is right now? I mean, did Billie tell you where-"

"She's currently asleep in my sons bed. And relax, I don't think anything happened."

"Oh. Right."

Ollie laughed as she placed her left hand on the kitchen counter and leant onto it.

"I have a feeling they might be sleeping for a while, so if you want to, you can come to get her at about ten-thirty?"

"Yeah, that's great. I'll bring around some clothes for Jess too. Geez, I've been pulling my hair out all morning wondering where she was."

"I know how you feel, Billie once went about three days without calling to tell me where he was."

She swear she could almost hear Toby shake his head from side to side.

"Kids. Why'd we have them, eh?"

Ollie chuckled, and waved as she saw Mike sleepily walk into the kitchen, rubbing his eyes with his hands.

"Well, I'll see you about half ten then."

"Yeah. Thanks again, Ollie."

"It's no problem Toby. Bye!"

"Bye!"

She placed the receiver back in its holder and spun around to face the blond haired teen.

"Billie's not up then?"

Ollie shook her head as she chuckled, embracing Mike in a bone crushing hug.

"How did last night go?"

She let Mike go from her arms, and watched as he placed his hand on his face.

"It went really good. Jess almost- Oh, is Jess not up either?"

Ollie shook her head with a small smile playing on her lips.

"I have a feeling that we won't see them awake for a few hours yet."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jess awoke steadily, groaning as light from the window parallel to the bed seeped into her eyes. She squinted for a few seconds, realising that she was in a sort of familiar room; It wasn't hers, that was for sure.

She lifted her head up from its resting place, which she eventually recognised as someone's chest. She took a glimpse upwards, craning her head to view the person she was rested on. She smiled as she realised it was Billie, placing her head back down on his chest and snuggling back into it. She sighed as she closed her eyes once again, listening to the heartbeat of the boy underneath her. It soothed Jess almost back into another dream-like state, except she was partially aware of what was happening around her.

About twenty minutes later, she felt Billie inhale a large breath and groan quite loudly. She giggled as he stretched his arms out and let them fall, one slapping him in the face.

"Owwww.."

She lifted her head from his chest and looked up at the sleepy boy; He had the perfect 'just got out of bed' hair and his eyes seemed to shine in the rays of light coming from the window.

"D'want me to kiss it better?"

The raven haired boy grinned and nodded, as Jess leaned upwards and pushed a lock of black hair from his forehead.

"Actually, looks like someone got here first!"

Jess rolled over onto the other side of the bed and out of Billie's arms, as he laid there, completely dumbfounded ; He had no idea that there was a bright pink lipstick mark on his forehead.
He grumbled and rolled his eyes at Jess as he pulled down the sleeve of his hoodie and licked it, reaching up to his forehead and rubbing the fabric there.

"Better?"

He sat up and turned his head towards Jess, who was now sat cross legged on top of his brown covers.

"Yessss. "

They sat in silence for a few seconds, until a knock at the door startled both of them.

"Can I come in?"

"Yes mom!"

She entered her son's room to find both teens awake, carrying a pile of clothes in her arms.

"Morning Billie."

She leaned down to kiss her son on the forehead again, to which he grimaced at. Jess laughed as Billie thrust his hands up and braced himself for the impact of his mothers lips.

"MOOOM. I'M ALMOST 17 YUCK!"

She drew back quickly and laughed, moving over to Jess on the other side of Billie's bed. She placed the clothes down beside Jess, and gave her a quick hug.

"Take a shower if you want, I got you some clothes."

Jess frowned as she looked at the garments, reaching out to find that her favourite ' Husker du' tee was in the pile.

"How did you-"

"Your dad's downstairs. He brought them over so you could change, sweetie."

Jess grinned before getting up from the bed and looked through the pile, checking that her dad had brought everything she needed.

"Oh and both of you, you can have something to eat when you come downstairs. It's a little late for breakfast, but you can have a early lunch if you want?"

Both teens frowned as they simultaneously looked at Billie's alarm clock.

11.16 am.

Ollie laughed as both of the teenager's eyes widened, slowly retreating back towards the door.

"See you both downstairs in a bit."

Billie nodded as Jess sat down on the bed facing him, watching as she turned her at when the door clicked.

Suddenly, he was very aware of something very uncomfortable in his crotch area; He took a quick glimpse down there to take a look.

Shit shit shit FUCKING SHIT.

He tried to fight the blood burning in his cheeks and succeeded ,most likely because said blood was pooling somewhere else in his body.

He glanced back up at Jess whilst lifting his knees upwards a little, smiling innocently at the girl.

"I think I'm gonna take up that offer on a shower. Could you show me how it works?"

Billie's mouth opened slightly, before grinning a little.

"It's simple - ; You're cleverer than me, you can work it out."

Jess frowned but smiled at his answer, picking up the clothes and cradling them in her arms.

"Okkkaaaay then. C'ya in a bit. And DON'T COME IN THE BATHROOM."

Billie laughed awkwardly as Jess quickly shot him a look, which told him that he would be dead meat if he so much as touched the door-handle to his own bathroom.

He let out a breath he didn't know he had been holding, and quickly lifted the covers up to check whether his suspicions were correct.

Well that was a close one BJ Junior...

He let the covers fall back down as he brought a hand to his face, shaking his head from side to side.

Morning wood ; The arch nemesis of teenage boys.

***************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a lot of fun writing this chapter and just reading it through now, it makes me laugh a little :D Thanks again to all the 65 readers and 14 subscribers you guys are all awesome people okay! (i'll shut up now XD )

And also, the next two chapters may be particulary long, more-so the second one.
(Just forewarning you all :D) x