Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

Happy birthday, Beej.

"JessssSSSS HURRY THE HELL UP!"

The whining neon purple haired girl reached out to tug the other girl's shirt, grabbing the black fabric that covered her shoulder and grasped it lazily between her fingers. She pulled on it like a child would, like when it's mother won't listen to anything that they were saying. She even squinted her eyes and grumbled, evidently a little frustrated at her friend. The black haired girl turned her head and rolled her eyes when they found a pair of brown ones, seemingly half annoyed - or half scheming an evil plan against the other girl.

"Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseple-"

"Alright! I'll just be two god-damn minutes!"

Tyler let a huge groan escape her lips, earning a slightly confused look from the shop assistant waiting at the counter. The purple haired girl instantly spun away to avoid any more embarrassment as her cheeks turned a shade of red, diverting her attention towards the watch on her friends wrist.

"Please! We've been in here for like two hours. And it's sorta kinda almost half five."

Jess closed her eyes and sighed a little, becoming a little frustrated with her friend's antics as to how to get out of the music shop they were currently bickering in. They had only come in to get Billie a guitar sticker for his birthday, to go along with a few vinyl's Jess had picked up at the local record store. Except, there was so many different stickers that were available to purchase in the guitar shop. And Jess hadn't really counted on that ; There were stickers which ranged from logo's from 'punk bands of the moment' to satanic looking rainbow- pandas which gave Jess the chills.

And with Jess being Jess, she couldn't decide with such a range of stickers available to look at.
But at least she knew she wouldn't be buying him a rainbow-panda. Those things creeped her out a little ; They had huge googly eyes along with a baby panda's body, which made the proportions of said panda seem a little strange.

Once again she glanced up and down the racks of guitar vinyl's and pickguards, sighing as she realised that Billie probably wouldn't want any of them forever glued onto Blue for the foreseeable future. He had already stuck on his initial's in some sort of tissue paper stuff and wound some black duct tape around his beloved guitar. The rest of Blue was mostly bare, just like a new canvas ready to be painted; The sticker would have to be something special. Something a little different to what other guitar players stick on their pride and joy.

Something unique.

"Excuse me ladies, but we're closing in five minutes."

Both girls turned around, frowning as they were met with the pair of dull brown eyes of the shop assistant behind them. He returned to placing one of the white fender models back on a wall holder, smiling a little as he glanced around the shop and at all the other guitars surrounding it.

"Closing at five thirty on a Friday? Geeezus man."

The assistant chuckled as he walked back over to behind the counter, leaving Jess staring at Tyler at her little outburst.

"It may be surprising, but some people do have lives."

The black haired girl frowned and shot daggers at her friend, smiling a little to soften the stare she was giving her.

"What? I'm bored and I'm hungry. You can't exactly blame me for being all strung up."

Tyler laughed gently, crossing her arms over her chest and seemingly tapping her foot to a beat that only she could hear.

"I guess I'll just have to le- Oh wait!"

Jess suddenly crouched to the floor, reaching to underneath the racks of stickers that were attached to the front side of the counter. She reached underneath the masses of small plastic bags that hung from it, grasping a lone see-through packet that seemed to stand out a little from the rest of them.

"What about this Tyler?"

The purple haired girl shook her head out of her little daze, craning her neck over Jess's shoulder to view the sticker held in her hands. She bent down alongside the black haired girl to get a closer look, squinting her eyes to view the text on the sticker. Both girl's turned their heads to face the other as grins appeared on their lips, their eyes lighting up a little as they chimed simultaneously

"Perfect."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The two girls pulled up outside their friend's house, a silence looming as the black haired girl drifted off into some kind of sleepy trance.

"You okay?"

Tyler reached out to place her palm on the girl's shoulder, Jess shivering a little at the unforeseen touch.

"Um, yeah. Just thinkin'."

The purple haired girl smiled kindly, turning off the ignition of her 1950's style truck. She leant her head back against the battered leather headrest, closing her eyes as she did so.

"Just thinkin' about what?"

Jess turned her head to the left, smiling a little as she found her friend lazily splayed out over the car seat.

"Stuff. A lot of stuff."

Tyler removed her head from the seat and frowned playfully, squinting her eyes as Jess let out a breathless laugh. She joined in, chuckling along with her best friend and pulling her into a hug.

"Okay... Stuff then...Oh and, tell Billie I said hi by the way. I would kinda stay, but Jake is movin' into another flat like, right now."

Jess smiled, a snort rushing impulsively out of her nose.

"What was it this time?"

Tyler laughed as Jess began to open the door of the car, cocking her head to the side as she waited for an answer; Tyler's brother Jake had a unfortunate tendency to be kicked out of the rooms he was renting out. Last time, he had only stayed in the apartment for about a week, before someone somewhere had complained about the weird smell coming from his room.

Of course it was pot

It was always pot.

Pot had been the main reoccurring theme as to why he got kicked out of apartments.

That and well, thrash metal being played from ten pm till four am.

"One of his ex's lives literally, like , two doors over from where he was staying. So y'know, the classic 'he offended and confronted me' and the good old 'He is a complete asshole' was probably used on the complaint forms."

Jess laughed as she grabbed her rucksack and stepped out of the car, the door still slightly ajar as she listened to her friends voice.

"I hope he finds somewhere else to stay... I- I better go. Thanks for today Tai."

The purple haired girl winked playfully as she smiled, looking at Jess through the window.

"S'fine. It can be fun to be dragged around by your best friend for hours and hours... Sometimes."

Jess laughed as she shouted a goodbye, firmly shutting the door as she waved at Tyler. The purple haired girl did the same, before driving off down the road and leaving Jess outside a quite familiar house. She briefly closed her eyes, sighing as she calmed herself down a little; Since the start of January when herself and Billie had reconciled, she always seemed to get a little flustered around him. Or even just thinking about the raven haired boy. Thoughts like ' are we even together' and 'Should we tell Mike and Tyler' constantly roamed the cavity of her cranium. But she always had to push them to the back of her mind and just enjoy the time she had with Billie;

There was a small possibility that he would go on tour pretty soon.

Billie had had his eyes set on a potential drummer to replace Al, but of course once he'd finished recording the drum tracks for the new compilation record.

But still, the kid's name was Tré Cool.

And apparently, the band he currently played for was on the verge of breaking up.

And also that he was a pretty damn good overall musician, as well as being a badass drummer.

Jess chuckled quietly as she remembered when at first Billie mentioned the kid to her, she thought that he was called tree cool.

The remark had made Billie pinch the bridge of his nose and slowly shake his head, probably realising for the five hundredth and fifty sixth time that she'd be a danger to society with a brain.

Jess quickly opened her eyes wide, suddenly realising that she had dazed off once again.

I really need to stop doing that.

She shook her head and slowly plodded her way up to the front door of the house towering above her head. She stopped just before the door, rapping her knuckles on the wooden surface. A playful smile tugged at the corners of her lips as she heard a scurry of feet behind the door.

She glanced down at the floor momentarily, looking upwards when the front door eventually opened. A waft of warm air caressed and ghosted over her body as she met a pair of sparkling green emeralds, melting inside a little as a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips.

"Hey beautiful."

Jess instantly blushed, covering her cheeks with her hair as she tried to hide her embarrassment. But there wasn't much point doing so anymore ; Billie seemed to always know exactly when she was feeling the most insecure.

He stepped to the side, gesturing with his hand for her to walk inside. Jess smiled weakly as she did, spinning around to face the green-eyed monster that stood before her. She grasped his arm as he was just putting his house key in a little dish on the side of a cabinet, his head turning towards Jess with his mouth open a little. She stepped closer to him, only a few inches away from his face.

"Happy freakin' birthday Billie."

She slowly kissed his cheek before delving her head into his shirt, wrapping her arms around his slender waist as she inhaled his calming scent.

Billie instantly reacted, snaking his arms around Jess's waist and kissing the top of her head quite softly.

"Thanks... I still feel like a fucking' five year old though."

She pulled her head away from his chest and giggled, gently pecking his nose with her reddened lips.

"Maybe that's because you are one, dufus."

She chucked breathlessly as his cheeks became tinted with a hint of red, gazing into his green emeralds constantly. There was just someone different about Billie's eyes. They were just so captivating and strange ; A good strange though.

The raven haired boy suddenly lifted Jess off of the ground, a devilish curve appearing on his full lips. He laughed as she shrieked, playfully flailing her limbs around as he begun to spin her around in circles.

" I WILL FRICKIN' PUKE ON EVERYTHING YOU LOVE IF YOU DO THAT!"

He stuck his tongue out as Jess squealed, her eyes closing in an attempt to stop the room from spinning so fast around her.

"THAT INCLUDES BLUE!"

His eyes widened as he attempted to stop rotating, except he managed to trip himself over ; Within a second or two, Billie had tumbled to the floor onto his back with a thud, yelping as the girl who was clinging to his arms with a death grip fell on-top of him.

"ANYTHING BUT MY BABY- I mean...um-"

She laughed as she glanced over her shoulder, finding him with his eyes squinted and a small pout on his lips. She craned her neck upwards and kissed his neck, frowning as she felt his muscles tense underneath herself.

"Billie what the heck are you- Jess!"

The black haired girl turned her head and shuffled away from Billie's body, pushing herself up from the ground to be met with a bone crushing hug. She smiled as Ollie gently rubbed her fingers on her back, almost as if she was comforting Jess.

"Hey where's my hug Mom?"

Jess pulled away from the older woman and rolled her eyes as he effortlessly got up from the floor, striding over to his mother and giving her a hug and a peck on the cheek.

Ollie smiled lovingly at her son, raising a hand to his cheek to caress the skin there.

"I still hope yo'll give me hugs when I'm all old and wrinkly."

The two teens chuckled, glancing over a one another for a second before returning their focus onto the older woman.

"'You'll never get like that mom.."

She laughed weakly before her lips formed an gentle 'O' shape, her eyes darting over to Jess.

"Do you want to eat here tonight, Sweet?"

Jess opened her mouth to reply, but stopped herself as she heard Billie mutter something under his breath.

"Jess? Sweet?...Pffft."

She quickly jabbed him in the ribs, a small smirk appearing on her face.

"Ow.. That hurt."

Both Ollie and Jess giggled as the petite boy rubbed where Jess's elbow had targeted, squinting his eyes once more at the black haired girl.

"If you don't mind... I mean... "

The older woman placed her hand on her shoulder, smiling as she did so.

"You're always welcome here, Jess."

Jess nodded, squinting her eyes a little as she smiled adoringly at Billie's Mom. But the smile was soon replaced with a smirk as a hand grabbed her arm, dragging her towards the staircase.

"I'll shout you two down when the Pizza's here."

Jess turned her head and giggled as she found Billie smiling maniacally, inching towards the staircase as his mother spoke. Ollie rolled her eyes at her youngest son, a signal which sent Billie sprinting up the staircase with Jess trailing behind. The two teens quickly reached the top of the staircase and glanced at each other, both laughing as they loped towards Billie's room. The raven haired boy pushed open the wooden door, his hand moving down Jess's arm and to her hand. He slipped his fingers inbetween hers and turned his head to look at her, his green eyes twinkling innocently.

"Y'know, this is the best birthday I've ever had."

Jess cocked her head to the side, frowning a little as his gaze wandered to the floor.

"Why's that?"

Billie darted his eyes upwards, grinning as he held up his other hand to her face. He cupped her face with his palm, running his thumb over her lips and gently brushing one of her snake bites.

"Because I have you this time around."

Jess's lips formed an 'O' shape as she looked to the floor, waiting for the huge amount of blood to rush to her cheeks. Except for once, they were only tinted with a light shade of pink.

The raven haired boy gently squeezed her hand as she looked upwards, the corners of her lips raising as he guided her into his room. They both dodged the textbooks and homework strewn out on the floor, jumping onto the bed once close to it. Jess moved her legs so that they were crossed, taking off her backpack and placing it infront of her feet. Billie sat opposite, his eyes wide as he looked over the beautiful girl sat just a few inches away from him.

"I got you some presents."

She laughed as Jess looked up from rummaging in her backpack, finding him with an excited expression that could only be compared to one of a child on Christmas Day.

Jess pulled out a square shaped, neatly wrapped gift, watching closely as his pupils darted between her and the present. He quickly clawed the paper from the item hidden by it, his eyes literally popping more and more as each piece of generic paper was thrown onto the floor.

"YOU GOT ME FUCKING ENERGY AND A HUSKER DU EP! I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO GET THESE VINYL'S FOR MONTHS!"

Jess laughed as Billie launched himself at her, pulling her into a organ-rupturing embrace on his bed.

"I FUCKING LOVE YOU!"

She giggled once more before Billie drew back, his eyes dilated and still a little wide.

"I also got you something for Blue. "

She reached inside her bag as the raven haired boy cocked his head to the side, eager to know what else she had got him.

"Here."

She pulled out a little plastic packet, opening her palm with said package on it. He glanced at it, his eyes lighting up as he looked back up at Jess. He reached out to take it, tracing the green logo with his forefinger.

"It's perfect."

She smiled triumphantly, leaning over to hug the boy sat next to her.

"Happy fucking birthday Beej."

She laid her head against his chest, sighing as the fabric of his t-shirt caressed her cheek. Jess lifted her head when she felt him shuffle closer to her body, allowing Jess to sit up almost straight. Billie absentmindedly caught a strand of her hair in his fingers, and twirled it several times around the digit.

"I wish we could stay like this forever."

Jess drew back from his chest, frowning as she cocked her head to the side.

"We can?"

She studied his face as he smiled weakly, his eyes drifting to the mattress that he sat on.

"I guess."

Jess slowly lifted her fingers to his chin, pulling his face upwards so that his eyes were level with hers. She shifted around on the bed so that she was kneeling infront of him, and cupped his cheek as she towered over the raven haired boy. She smiled lovingly as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he placed his hands on her waist. She leant forwards and gently placed her forehead against his, both of the teens closing their eyes as they felt hot air ghost over their lips.

"It will stay like this forever."

She could feel him relax a little when she spoke, but she still couldn't help feeling like there was something deep down inside Billie that was contradicting whatever he said;

Almost like his subconscious and conscious minds were somehow, at war with each other, each mindset taking over control of Billie's in random patterns.

And from what she'd felt at that moment, his inner subconscious was adamant on believing that whatever they had would last barely anytime at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I am so so so so so so so so so so so sorry...

Writer's block, relationships, friends and everything has literally given me no motivation to write or to update.

But on the upside, I had written up until the end of this actual story already before all hell broke loose, but I still need to do some serious tweaking because some chapters are so so so SO cringey and horrible...
(probably like this one butttttttt...)

But yeah. Hi again. Expect an update in like 3 days because I have a lot of A level work to attempt to start doing... Argh. If I haven't updated please feel free to leave a comment along the lines of "EMMA GET YOUR BUTT WRITING AND EDITING NOOOOOOW." or maybe even "UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE STOP SLEEPING YOUR ASS OFF AND WRITE."