Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

Who the *** is Michael Pritchard?

"Because it seems that only 4 out of 15 pupils applied for said instrumental lessons I mentioned, the music department has decided not bring specialized music teachers into the school."

Jess tapped the ends of her calloused fingers on the wooden desk impatiently, just waiting to run over to the guitars in the far corner of the room ; She adored just messing around on the acoustic's, and it seemed to be a good way to find awesome chords for her composition. It was also a good way just to fade away from life's problems, and become engrossed in something she loved doing. But at the rate the lesson was going, it didn't seem like anyone was going to do anything mildly productive today.

But, it was a Friday afternoon.

Everything drags on a Friday afternoon.

"But, we have managed to pair the 4 willing students with other pupils who play your desired instrument. So, Sam, Jess, Billie and David, come to the front to get your practice schedule's."

Jess scrambled out of her chair whilst the rest of the class began to chatter, letting Billie walk down the small aisle between the desks first. The 4 students were herded outside of the classroom, leaving the other pupils unattended. Mrs Turner held 4 sheets of paper in her hands, and gave the correct timetable to each student.

"Right ok. Firstly, thank frick you all applied for the lessons, I was starting to lose my faith in you pupils."

Billie and Jess snorted simultaneously, whilst the students called 'Sam' and 'David' smiled awkwardly at the teacher.

She pointed towards Sam first, who was a tallish lad with short brown hair. He peered down his spectacles and nudged them with his finger as 4 pairs of eyes glanced over at him.

"Sam, I've paired you up with Brittney Harrison for flute. She has a spare one that you can borrow and has agreed for you to have the lessons at her house."

He nodded, before adjusting his glasses with his forefinger once more.

Jess took a sharp intake of breath as Mrs Turner struck her finger out at her.

"Jess, I've paired you with Michael Pritchard for bass. He has one you can borrow and the lessons will be held at the place he is staying."

Jess smiled back at the teacher, glancing over towards Billie to find a humongous grin plastered on his face.

What the hell is wrong with him.

She pushed a strand of brown hair out of her eyes and looked down at her timetable as Mrs Turner spoke to David.

It seemed that the allocated nights for her lessons were Wednesday and Friday. The sheet didn't say a time, so she assumed it was up to her to find 'Michael Pritchard' and ask him when was suitable. Jess's ears instantly pricked upwards as Mrs Turner finally proceeded onto Billie's timetable.

"Billie, I haven't had chance to ask her yet so... Jess, can you tutor Billie?"

Her eyes widened considerably, her mouth gaping a little at the unexpected question. She shrugged her shoulders and shook her head slightly as she considered everything on the spot.

"Ermm.. Yeah, ok."

Jess looked over to Billie who was smiling warmly over at her, his pupils dilating slightly; She swore she could see a twinkle in his adoring eyes.

" Ok then. We can arrange for the lessons here in school, so you can use the grand piano-"

"No you don't have to, I have a baby grand at home."

"Oh. In that case, you and Billie find a time that's good and then come back into class."

Mrs Turner gestured for Sam and David to return to what sounded like Lucifer's torture chamber , and shut the classroom door behind them. Jess wouldn't have been surprised if another pupil had been hit over the head with a guitar, and then been exorcised over and over during the time she'd been out here.

Because that's what it sounded like.

She turned towards Billie who was showing a toothy grin, snorting at him being a complete, utter, weirdo ; Quite like herself infact.

"How's Wednesday's and Friday's for you? I could like, do you before I go to my lesson."

The corners of Billie's lips raised into a devilish curve, as he lifted his bushy eyebrows up and down several times suggestively.

Jess smacked her hand to her face and sighed inwardly, just realizing that Billie was a type the person who interpreted things really dirtily.

"I mean for the piano lessons dufus."

"Awwwwwwwww dayummm!"

She took her hand from her face and looked up to find Billie with his bottom lip sticking out. She was so tempted to flick it. But she had only met him a few days ago.

She still felt herself being a little cautious around him. Almost like he was a wild animal ; a beautiful and intriguing marvel of nature, but very, very unpredictable.

Instead, she lightly punched him on his shoulder in frustration, whining as she did so.

"Okay, okay!-"

He held his hands up defensively, chuckling as Jess groaned at him.

"- Yeah those days are fine for me."

"Good. By the way, do you have a fucking clue who this Michael Pritchard dude is? I hope that he's not some dork-"

Billie snorted and held a finger to his lips, and opened his mouth like he was going to bit his knuckle sideways on.

"-or some jock who can't keep his dick in his pants... Because if he is, I swear to-"

Billie couldn't hold it in any longer.

He keeled over clutching his stomach, and belted a laugh so loud that it echoed down the corridor. And he couldn't stop.

"What? What?"

Jess frowned, crossing her arms over her chest. It had become a little bit of a habit for her recently, but she wasn't quite sure why. It may have been the fact that she had been in many socially awkward situation's since the start of the school term. Or that fact that her new best friend was a boy. Either way, she was slowly becoming more and more insecure as the weeks passed.

"You have no idea do you?"

Billie wiped a invisible tear from the corner of his eye as he straightened up, bringing his hands down to his sides.

"No I don't. But all I do know is that I have no fucking clue who Michael Pritchard is."

Billie snorted once more before stepping closer towards Jess, reaching out to clutch her shoulders. She leant her head back slightly, almost as if he was invading too much of her personal space. She stared the raven haired boy dead straight in his green diamonds, wanting to shrug his hands off her shoulders.

But at the same time, she didn't.

It seemed that inside of Jess, there was an ongoing conflict between her brain and her heart.
And her heart seemed to be winning.

"Jess, this dude you're PMSing over is Mike..."

Jess's eyes widened and her jaw dropped in realisation, as Billie took his hands off her shoulders and proceeded to have another laughing fit to her reaction. Her lips formed an 'O' shape as she looked towards the floor, her cheeks reddening as a wave of embarrassment overcame her. She felt her fringe fall over her face as her head dropped towards the floor.

After he'd stopped laughing, she felt Billie gently tuck her fringe behind her pierced ear, and lift her chin up with his finger.

"D'wanna skip and go have a smoke?"

Jess looked towards the classroom door and through the window. She could see everyone apart from Dave and Sam gossiping, or wrecking the guitars by messing with the tuning pegs. She looked back to Billie, who had a cheeky grin playing on his lips. She leant forwards into his touch as Billie raised his hand, and trailed his finger across her cheek.

Fuck it.

You're only young once.


"Sure."

Billie held his elbow out so that Jess could link hers around his, and strode off down the empty corridors with Jess by his side. A few minutes later they arrived by the school doors, only to be greeted by Mrs Edwards.

Jess cursed under her breath, but Billie strode onward, oblivious to the shitstorm that was about to happen.

" Where on earth do you two think you're doing?"

Mrs Edwards stuck her nose up towards the ceiling, peering down at the two students through her gleaming spectacles.

"We're going for a fucking smoke."

Jess mentally slapped herself for not pointing out to Billie all the teachers never to fuck with.
Because boy, was he going to get it now.

" Excuse me?"

The teacher placed her wrinkled hands on her hips and widened her eyes, leaning closer to Billie in an attempt to threaten him.

"I said we're going for a fucking smoke."

He spat vilely at her, staring straight into her bloodshot eyes. Jess watched as the teacher's fists clenched up, and her pale lips drew themselves into a wrinkled pout.

" Listen you two. I am giving you one chance. If you both go back to your lessons right now, then this is all forgotten. If either of you take one step outside, I will make sure that you both are permanently on the detention rota, and that you miss the end of year trip to the United Kingdom."

Billie smirked as he edged towards the door, dragging Jess along with him. She was surprised that she hadn't run back to her lesson by now, but she didn't give a damn. This was too god damn funny to miss ; She had been biting her bottom lip throughout this little argument, trying extremely hard not to keel over in hysterics. No-one ever had returned the shit thrown at them by Mrs Edwards.

Suddenly Jess felt Billie tense up underneath her arms , and watched him sprint out of the doors as Mrs Edwards screeched at the top of her lungs; He had unhooked her arm so that she didn't get pulled over by his instant burst of adrenaline. She smirked and impulsively gave Mrs Edwards the finger, and then followed Billie in close pursuit. She pushed through the glass doors and ran as fast as she could to join him in his getaway attempt. Jess groaned outwardly as tiny water droplets bombarded her skin ; She didn't realise that it had been pissing literal cats and dogs when she ran after Billie.

They plodded around the building and across the grass field, to the place underneath the oak tree which had now been claimed their hangout. To her surprise, a small black and red golf was parked close by with a person sat in the driver's seat and their feet on the dashboard.

She watched as Billie ran up to the car and turned around to gesture Jess to come over. As she moved closer she realised the person in the car was Mike, and instantly sped up. Billie opened the golf's door and pulled back the seat so that Jess could climb into the back. He then clicked it back and sat down, shutting the door and sighing as he rested his head on the seat.

"Did that actually just happen?"

Billie lifted his now wet and curly mop of black hair from the car seat, and turned to look at Jess whose hands were placed on her forehead. He chuckled as he noticed she was still heaving in and out, gasping for air in the stuffy golf.

Billie then nodded and grinned.

"Yep."

"If you hadn't already guessed, Billie kinda has a habit of fucking shit up on a daily basis."

Jess laughed at Mike's comment, as Billie thwacked Mike on the back of his head.

"Oww!"

"You deserve it."

"It's true though!"

"Well... fuck you then."

She fell onto her side as Jess watched the two boys grimacing at each other, making rude hand gestures at one another every so often.

"Anyone wanna smoke then?"

Jess quickly sat up, her face instantly lighting up with a bright grin. She watched as Billie turned his head around to face hers, wet curls now plastered all over his forehead.

Billie and Jess smirked at each other as they replied in unison.

"FUCK YEAH!"

************************************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
Its 3am and I had a chance to update. So I took it, y'know XD. My maths exam is next week (ugh) so like, I will try to update because it's quite therapeutic writing fanfic, but then again it is a proper exam so... yeeeah
Please comment etc :3