Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

A Proud Dufus.

"Hello? Is this Billie's Mom? Hello yes, I'm Toby Winters, Jess's dad and- Oh, ok... Ollie. No-no, nothing bad has happened to him-"

Jess groaned as she slowly awoke from her deep sleep, stretching out her limbs and fluttering her eyes open. She frowned as she realised she was back in her room, lying on top of her green covers and staring at her ceiling.

I thought we were at the cemetery.

She placed her hands on the bed and pushed her body up, to then swing her legs over the side off her bed. She shuffled over to her desk and pulled out a makeup wipe from a packet, looking in the mirror on her desk to clean her face; She could feel the dried, black tinted tears making it hard for her face to move.

"-I'm only ringing to say that he's with me and Jess. He fell asleep after we came back from visiting the cemetery- Yeah, he was amazing. He made sure Jess was ok when she saw her Mom's grave...Yeah, I lost her late last year-"

Jess then threw the dirty makeup wipe in the bin underneath her desk and sighed, closing her eyes momentarily. She heard a voice from downstairs, and cocked her head to the side as she walked out of her room. She quietly stepped down the stairs, realising that it was her Dad on the phone.

"Really? Oh. Jesus. Cancer is such a cruel disease. Anyway, I'll give you a call when he wakes up. Thanks... Ollie. Bye."

She swung herself around on the end of the banister, and made her way into the kitchen where her Dad's voice had been coming from. As he came into sight, she instantly quickened up her pace.

Or maybe she quickened up because she noticed that her Dad had about 20 takeaway leaflets sprawled out on the table.

"Hey Dad."

"Hey sweetie. You feeling better?"

"What do you mean?"

Her Dad placed one of the leaflets he was holding back on the table as he glanced up at his daughter.

"You fell asleep on Billie at the cemetery. And that was-"

He looked down at the watch on his wrist.

"- 3 hours ago."

"Oh... I guess... Yes then.

There was a slight awkward silence as Jess moved over to pull out a chair, and plonked herself on it.

"I never knew that Billie lost his father to cancer. His mum- Ollie just told me."
Jess sighed as she gazed at the wooden table, tracing the grainy patterns that could be seen in it.

"He told me when he came over earlier. He knows how I feel right now, and that's the reason why I brought him with us, Dad."

He enveloped his daughter with a hug, sighing as she returned the gesture.

"I'm glad you did."

Jess smiled into her father's shoulder, hugging him just a little tighter ; After what he had said to her before, she thought that her Dad had some sort of grudge against the raven haired boy. But, it seemed that something had changed when she had been asleep. They let go of each other, Jess standing up and pushing her chair back underneath the table. Her eyes widened as her lips formed a 'O' shape.

"Is he still here now?"

"Yeah. Probably still asleep on the sofa."

"Jesus, I didn't think he was that tired."

"Well he did have to carry you to the car, into the house and up the stairs - What?"

Her Dad laughed as Jess's lips formed a pout and her eyebrows scrunched up, as one of her hands was placed on her hips.

"Ok, Ok I'm just joking Jess. But yes, he was on the sofa last time I saw him."

"Okay."

Jess quickly turned on her heel, almost running to the living room. She slowly pushed open the door, so that it wouldn't slam and wake Billie up if he was asleep.

He was laid out on the sofa, curled up into the foetal position so that there was a small gap at the end of the sofa next to his head. She stepped over to it, and sat down carefully. She took a glance over the sleeping boy, smiling at how adorable he looked.

She was very tempted to lift up his head and place her thigh underneath it, so she could play with his slightly curly black hair. But she was scared to wake him up ; he seemed so peaceful and content sound asleep.

Instead, she shuffled herself around and crosses her legs so that they were parallel to the top of his head, and slowly caressed his face. Jess started by pushing a lone curl from out of his eyes with her hand, and then trailed her fingers along the side of his face. She moved a little closer to his face as her fingers brushed over the soft skin of his lips, entranced by the boy beneath her.

She sighed, before closing her eyes to lean down and kiss his forehead. She lingered there for a few moments, her eyes flickering across his face once more.

"Thankyou Billie. I can't even tell you how much you've helped me today."

She jolted upwards as she realised he was stirring ; she heard him take in a deep breath, and then watched as he spread his arms out and stretched. His hands landed in her lap as his eyes opened.

He quickly moved them, muttering a sleepy apology.

"Sorry."

"It's fine."

Billie put the palms of his hands against the fabric of the sofa in an attempt to push himself up, but ended up slipping and falling into Jess's lap.

He immediately tried to sit upwards, but Jess placed a hand on his chest to stop him from getting up.

"Stay. Please. Like this."

He nodded sleepily and let his head rest in her lap. Billie let out a long sigh before closing his eyes again.

"Thankyou for today, Billie."

She slid her fingers into his curly hair, staring down at his angelic face. He opened his eyes to find her glancing adoringly into his eyes.

"S'alright Jess."

She leant down yet again to place a kiss on his forehead, both of them closing their eyes.

"Even though today was kinda sad, I've realised how grateful I am for having you as a friend."

Billie chuckled, fluttering his eyes open once more.

"Me too, me too."

Just as Billie was about to lean upwards and turn to kiss her cheek, the door of the living room swung open, making a loud banging sound. He instantly let his upper body flop back down into Jess's lap.

"Do you two want some pizza or something?"

Her Dad strode into the living room, a takeway leaflet in his hand.

"Yeah sure Dad. D'want to stay Bill?"

Billie looked up at her Dad from Jess's lap, still a tiny bit sleepy.

"I don't know. I don't think my mum knows where I am right now."

Jess's Dad sat down on the sofa perpendicular to the other, crossing his legs over once sat.

"I rang Ol- your mum, and she said you can stay as long as you're not walking into her house at

1am."

Billie let out a little laugh, and then brought his hands to his face to rub his eyes.

"Umm.. Okay then Mr W- I mean Toby."

Her Dad smiled.

"I'll go order some pizza's for us then. Oh, and I'll go get those Cd's that I was telling you about Billie"

He left the room and shut the door behind himself. Jess looked down at Billie, scrunching up her nose and one or her eyebrows ; One was cocked upwards, questioning what her Dad had meant.

" Do I even want to know?"

Billie laughed, reaching upwards to flick Jess's nose.

"Ow!"

"Jesus Jess what do you think he's giving me?"

She snorted, before shooting her arm forwards and flicking Billie's nose as payback.

"I don't know."

She giggled as Billie's face scrunched up, folding his arms across his chest. He rolled his eyes and then enlightened her.

"He's letting me borrow some awesome CD's or something."

"Oh right."

She stared into his emerald pools and sighed, before glancing over at the piano.

"Sorry for kinda leaving you with my Dad. And sorry for falling asleep on you."

Billie chuckled and lifted his palm to cup her jaw.

"S'fine. Y'know, it was actually nice to talk to someone else's Dad."

Jess brought her gaze back down to Billie and smiled sweetly.

"That's good then. Y'know, I think he likes you."

He snorted as Jess inwardly slapped her face.

"I mean likes you as in a friend. Jesus, you can be such a dufus sometimes."

"I know."

"Are you proud of being a dufus or something?"

Billie grinned at Jess, and nodded enthusiastically.

"Okkkkkkaaaaay."

An awkward silence consumed the pair as Billie sat up from Jess's lap , mostly to her disappointment.

"Can I have a go on the piano?"

"Yeah sure. I'll come with you."

Billie got up from the sofa, and held his hand out for Jess to take.

"After you, m'lady."

He grinned as Jess rolled her eyes, but still took his hand.

"What?"

Jess grinned back at the raven haired boy, shaking her head from side to side.

" Oh nothing...Just you."

*********************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
It's the middle of my french lesson and I have a laptop and my memory stick... Hope you guys like this :) Please comment and stuff I NEED FLAMES