Status: Updating either spontaneously or randomly with no actual consistency because life

The Moon Can Shine Brighter Than the Sun

ARE YOU INSANE WOMAN?

Unusually, Wednesdays were one of Jess's most favourite days of the week ; Yes, Fridays were awesome as she could have the morning off to do a tonne of shit, but then she had to trudge back into school just for music; And because of this, Wednesdays just seemed to be awesome and perfect. She had the whole morning off and only had to go into school for art class. And art was probably the least stressful class she attended; it was a whole day just to relax when the pressures of exams and school were reaching boiling point. Whereas Fridays were spent catching up on work and waiting for the weekend to eventually make an appearance.

This Wednesday, she had spent most of the morning with Billie's mom, Ollie, helping her with odd jobs around her house and just chatting about stereotypically girly things ; She had planned to spend it with Billie, except he was 'ill' and had now boarded himself in his room.

Literally.

And because Mike had Maths first thing on a Wednesday, she couldn't hang out with him. So in theory, she could have either gone back home alone or spent the rest of the morning with an older woman who was the kindest soul ever to walk the earth. And of course, she chose the second option.
Whilst spending the morning with Billie's Mom, Ollie hadn't told Jess exactly what was wrong with her son, but she had her suspicions. Knowing Billie, he was either really hungover or just wanting to take a day off school; Ever since the incident with Mrs Edwards, the headteacher had been trying to track him down to grill him about what happened. Jess hadn't been chased up the corridors yet, but she had a foreboding feeling that it would happen pretty soon.

About an hour before she had to get to school for art, Ollie was about to leave for work at Rod's Hickory Pit. Before she left though, she quickly went to check on Billie. She mentioned her views on her son to Jess as she passed her in the hallway.

"I think Billie should be okay to go in for his ... uh... Is it art class?"

Jess nodded, smiling sweetly at the woman who was now pulling on her work shoes.

"Art then. It was nice to finally have a chat with you Jess, I swear all the times I've seen you come into the house you're up the stairs before I can even blink."

Jess laughed as Ollie flung on her winter coat, smoothing out any kinks in it with her hands.

"It was great to talk to you too Ollie."

The older woman smiled before she stepped over to Jess and enveloped her in a hug. It surprised Jess at first, but she placed her arms around Ollie's middle.

"If you ever need to talk to someone about anything, I'm always here okay?"

Jess almost melted inside as Ollie spoke her warm, kind words; She now felt a little more reassured that despite the fact that her Mom had passed away. Ollie would be there to comfort her. Jess had only being talking to Ollie for about an hour and a half, but she really did admire her motherly qualities. And they also made Jess feel a little less hollow inside.

"Oh, I almost forgot. There's some sandwiches on the side if you want them hun."

Jess drew back from her and grinned, licking her lips and rubbing her hands together profusely.
Ollie shouted her goodbye's and left for work at the local diner just before lunch hour started. Jess then decided that she was going to drag Billie into school with her no matter what, and ran up the flight of stairs to his room.

I need a lift anyway. He's gotta say yes.

She knocked on Billie's door as she heard a deep sigh, and then some shuffling behind said door.
It opened up to reveal Billie in a dark blue 'The Who' t-shirt and a pair of skinny jeans. His hair was all messy, but it still looked good on him.

Very good infact.

"Hi. Can I come in?"

Billie placed a hand on his face and slowly pulled it downwards.

"Yeah yeah, sure."

He stepped away from the doorway and plodded over to his bed where his prized baby blue Stratocaster laid, whose name was actually 'Blue'. He flipped himself face first onto the brown sheets that covered his bed, and groaned into them. Jess quickly shut the door and sat on the blackened floor opposite him, waiting for him to turn back over.

"What's up?"

Billie sighed before he sat up, running his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"I felt so creative and shit when I woke up, so I faked being sick so that I could focus on lyrics for once. But now, I just- It's-"

Jess frowned, and stood up so she could sit next to him. She let him place 'Blue' in its stand by the bed and then, she fell backwards onto the brown covers.

"Have you written anything?"

Billie produced a small green notebook from his pocket, and began to look through the pages.
"I guess."

She half raised her body on her elbows as she watched him rifle through the pages and pages of scrawled lyrics and chord patterns. She felt intrigued about what exactly he had written in the notebook, as usually it painted a picture of the writers worries and feelings.

"Can I have a look?"

He turned to face her as he gave her it, falling back onto the bed as she began to flick through the pages. One of them caught her eye. It was only a paragraph long, but it really stood out from the rest of Billie's scrawlings.

Every night I dream the same dream
Of getting older and older all the time I ask you now, what does this mean?
Are all these problems just in my mind?


"Fuck. I'm not even kidding. This is amazing. I'm not shitting you Billie."

She heard him sigh quite loudly, as she placed the notebook on his chest. Her fingers lingered a little but she pulled them to her side before she lost herself to temptation.

"I dunno."

Jess rolled her eyes as she turned her head to glance over at the raven haired boy.

"Well if you want to get your creative juices flowing, why don't come with me to art class?"

Billie snorted, earning himself a playful hit to his chest, which made the notebook fall to his side. A long groan came from the girl laid bedside him, showing the frustration that was slowly growing inside of her.

"I dunnnnooo...."

"You like that phrase don't you?"

She quietly laughed as he grumbled, flailing his arms around to try and hit her.

Jess sat up and looked down at Billie with pleading eyes.

"Please? It's so boring when you're not there. I mean, there has to be someone to fuck shit up and you do the job perfectly."

He closed his eyes and brought his thumb and index finger to pinch the bridge of his nose.

"Fine."

Jess grinned at him and half laid herself down on the sheets; she rested her head on Billie's chest and closed her eyes as he started to play with her hair. It had become quite often that now when Billie and Jess hung out, they either smoked Mike's weed or sat in a comfortable silence like this. It was actually quite calming for Jess, as it let all her worries and troubles instantly dissolve; As soon as Billie was touching and caressing her hair, any anxiety just seemed to fly away.

And it made her feel safe.

And she forgot about the hollow feeling inside for a while.

Although Jess assumed that Billie too felt calmed by caressing her hair, the action went deeper than that for him. He had begun to realize that whenever she was near him, that the constant pain in his chest subsided. It scared the living shit out of him, but at the same time it gave him hope that one day, the pain he felt would just disappear.

A few minutes later, Jess rose from Billie chest and grasped his hand, pulling a reluctant Billie up from the bed with a groan.

"Come on. We gotta go."

"Ok."

She let his hand go as she watched him collect his art folder and his rucksack, stuffing the green notebook into it along with some other items. Jess quickly ran behind Billie and ushered him out of the room before he decided to stay behind.

They plodded across the hallway and down the stairs, Jess taking a detour to Billie's kitchen to collect some sandwiches that Ollie had made.

She ran up to Billie with said sandwiches with a grin on face, as Billie tied up the laces on his converse.

"Can we eat these in your car?"

Billie immediately jerked upwards, eyes widened and his mouth slightly agape.

"What did you just say?"

Jess frowned, but repeated herself.

"Can we eat these in your car?"

She took a step back as Billie started to explode in anger.

"Are you INSANE WOMAN?!"

She bit her lip as he began to rant about how his car was his literal child, suppressing the urge to burst out in hysterics. He finally stopped shouting and started to gasp for air after his continuous shit storm. He frowned at her and opened his mouth a little, lifting a hand and gesturing over at the black haired girl.

"What the hell is up with you?"

She couldn't hold it in any longer.

She snorted and began to clutch her stomach as laughter poured out of her insides, just like a gas canister when the substance inside is being released. Billie rolled his eyes as he unlocked the front door and waited for Jess to wander outside, who was chuckling every few seconds. She placed a hand on his shoulder as she spoke.

"And you're the one calling me insane."

**************************************************
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter is a little shorter than normal but meh XD I might update tomorrow in my french lesson if I have a laptop too, or I shalt do it after I go horse-riding :) Hope you all are liking it so far and please comment/subscribe/recommend if you want to :P